• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrades to Geryuganshoop, Groribas, and Melzagard (One-Punch Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was originally to scale the three generals, Gery, Melzagad, and Groribas to Orochi, but this was deemed invalid due the Orochi being pre-redraw, and the vaugness of the statement.

One of the three should still get an upgrade, Groribas. Groribas is one of the three generals of Boros' ship, with the same rank as Geryuganshoop, and he is also stated to be one of Boros' top fighters (Along with Geryuganshoop), who pretty much never gets to use all of his moves, because he kills his opponents too quickly.

This is enough evidence to scale him to around Geryuganshoop's level.

Here are the proposed changes to Groribas' AP and Durability segments on his profile:

Attack Potency: At least Small City level (As a Dragon level threat, he should be far superior to Royal Ripper and Bug God), likely Island level (As one of Boros' three generals one of his strongest fighters, he should be comparable to if not greater than Geryuganshoop), ignores conventional durability with Acid Breath

Durability: At least Small City level, Likely Island level (As a physical fighter, he could be able to take the force of his own attacks)

Last edited:
I disagree, I small chance could mean anything what if the small chance was:

Orochi sleeping in his weakest form while Goribas melts his whole body.

Orochi accidentally absorbing too much energy trying to shoot a Gaia Cannon and blowing himself up

The generals convincing Orochi to be suicidal and kill himself

Plus I'm pretty sure the statement was made before the redraws when Orochi still had his goat final form that was rated high 6-C.

Absolutely not.
"If the three generals under Boros work together against Orochi...Let me think...If they plan it properly they could have a very minimal chance of winning, almost next to nothing".
Murata is saying that they have almost no chance of winning against Orochi, those are not grounds to scale them to him in any capacity. At the absolute best, you’d get a ‘possibly far higher’ for their AP, but even that’s extremely iffy.
This would not scale to any character except for Bang
This is just blatantly wrong. Bang deflected one of Melz’ attacks, which means his AP would scale.

Then Bomb scales since he’s comparable to Bang. Rover scales due to being above Bang and Bomb. Half-Monster Garou scales due to tanking blasts from Rover. Gyoro Gyoro, Darkshine, Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai scale due to being able to harm Half-Monster Garou or being superior to him. Carnage Kabuto scales due to being on par with Darkshine, Black Sperm scales due to beating up Atomic Samurai, and I can keep going.

This would upgrade damn near the entire verse to High 6-A based on the three generals having almost no chance to defeat Orochi. Not to mention that we don’t even know how they could potentially defeat him.

This isn’t even remotely enough for such a massive upgrade, and the logic used here is extremely flawed.

Plus I'm pretty sure the statement was made before the redraws when Orochi still had his goat final form that was rated high 6-C.
Idk when the quote was made 2/6/2018, if anyone knows when the redraw happened that would help.

I mean in that regard anyone can beat anything. And even if it was made then, they would all scale to 6-C

I disagree, I small chance could mean anything what if the small chance was:

Orochi sleeping in his weakest form while Goribas melts his whole body.

Orochi accidentally absorbing too much energy trying to shoot a Gaia Cannon and blowing himself up

The generals convincing Orochi to be suicidal and kill himself
All of these require the characters at hand to be completely out of character, or have Orochi kill homself, also out of character. Murata is talking about their chances to beat Orochi in a fight, and even if they kill him in his sleep, their AP has to scale.

Jokes aside, they should get "possibly far higher" at best. And as others have mentioned, that statement would only apply to High 6-C Orochi who doesn't exist anymore

"If the three generals under Boros work together against Orochi...Let me think...If they plan it properly they could have a very minimal chance of winning, almost next to nothing".

Not even their combined forces would downscale from Orochi.
And, this is not even on the grounds of an ordinary battle. Murata stated that even with prep time, they have basically no shot.

Idk when the quote was made 2/6/2018, if anyone knows when the redraw happened that would help.
Redraw happened after 2018, pretty sure it was made last year
I mean in that regard anyone can beat anything.
Yeah, but they all have varying levels of possibility of actually doing it like Murata stated for the generals
And even if it was made then, they would all scale to 6-C
Yeah they scale to the nonexistent Orochi
All of these require the characters at hand to be completely out of character, or have Orochi kill homself, also out of character. Murata is talking about their chances to beat Orochi in a fight,
Them behaving out of character or Orochi killing himself has almost no chance of happening, like Murata said lol about their chances of beating him. Murata never specified that the fight was in character.

and even if they kill him in his sleep, their AP has to scale
They kill him with durability negating acid he has no resistance to

Absolutely not.

Murata is saying that they have almost no chance of winning against Orochi, those are not grounds to scale them to him in any capacity. At the absolute best, you’d get a ‘possibly far higher’ for their AP, but even that’s extremely iffy.

This is just blatantly wrong. Bang deflected one of Melz’ attacks, which means his AP would scale.

Then Bomb scales since he’s comparable to Bang. Rover scales due to being above Bang and Bomb. Half-Monster Garou scales due to tanking blasts from Rover. Gyoro Gyoro, Darkshine, Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai scale due to being able to harm Half-Monster Garou or being superior to him. Carnage Kabuto scales due to being on par with Darkshine, Black Sperm scales due to beating up Atomic Samurai, and I can keep going.

This would upgrade damn near the entire verse to High 6-A based on the three generals having almost no chance to defeat Orochi. Not to mention that we don’t even know how they could potentially defeat him.

This isn’t even remotely enough for such a massive upgrade, and the logic used here is extremely flawed.
Okay seems like an outlier for Bang, as he gets almost one shot by a similar attack, and everyone else gets torn to shreds by these attacks. Also, he hits the attack on the side, not really contering its momentum.

It doesn't matter how they team up to kill him, the ability to do any damage to him at all is enough for a High 6A rating as per wiki guidelines. Also, there's a reason it is Possibly At Most.

Okay seems like an outlier for Bang, as he gets almost one shot by a similar attack, and everyone else gets torn to shreds by these attacks. Also, he hits the attack on the side, not really contering its momentum.
It’s not an outlier for Bang at all, this is just an extremely flimsy upgrade based on nonsensical logic.
It doesn't matter how they team up to kill him, the ability to do any damage to him at all is enough for a High 6A rating as per wiki guidelines.
Murata did not say they could kill him, he said they could maybe defeat him if they had prep time, so your logic still doesn’t work.

They kill him with durability negating acid he has no resistance to
Then Groribas would have High 6A acid.

acid is a way to negate durability, a well formed plan between the three generals can defeat Orochi without having the necessary AP to hurt him, distract him with Gery and Mel, while Groribas executes a perfect attack on a weak point with acid and goodbye Orochi.
Ik it's durability negation, but if it can damage High 6A beings, he still should have that noted on his profile.

Not even their combined forces would downscale from Orochi.
And, this is not even on the grounds of an ordinary battle. Murata stated that even with prep time, they have basically no shot.
Their combined forces would massively downscale from Orochi, as they still have to be able to injure him for teamwork to mean anything.

He clearly meant in a combative sense, as if he was talking about out of character moments or PIS, he wouldn't have needed to have Gror, Melz and Gery, he would only need one of them. The question was about if they could win in a fight. And Prep time does not mean something is invalid. It's not like he said with their ship, or with special weapons. It is still them achieving that victory, even if it's a 1 in a billion.

"Yeah they scale to the nonexistent Orochi"
Yeah, he's gone, but if they scale to pre-draw Orochi, then there should be some note on that, with a link to the 6C calc for old Orochi.

That’s not how it works. Acid is durability negation, period. You don’t give a tier to durability negation.
I know it doesn't give an AP rating. I'm just wondering if it should be noted that his acid could damage a higher level character, to show its extent. That's more of general question for the site as a whole as opposed to this thread.

We can’t scale to pre-redraw things, I would’ve thought that was obvious by now.
Well if I state Character B = Character C, but then rewrite character C to be more powerful, Character B is still = to the old Character C.

Seeing as this is pre-redraw, and we can't scale that, the idea of any scaling is pretty much dead.

Would it make sense to scale Gror and Melz to Gery as they are in similar positions of power, of the same threat level and Melz almost 1 shot bang (In other words, it makes sense for them to have above S class AP)? Not really a discussion for this CRT, more of a general question.

I think Melz should get like ‘possibly 7-B’ or something for that, but he definitely doesn’t scale above Bang.

I think Melz should get like ‘possibly 7-B’ or something for that, but he definitely doesn’t scale above Bang.
Why not? Maybe I'm missing something major, but his punch is stronger than Bang's if I'm not mistaken.

No, Melz is definitely weaker than Bang.
Imigur is blocked on my computer. If we're thinking of the same scene, he just knocks it to the side, in a direction it had no opposing momentum for.

Regardless, I could see his regen being the reason he's one of the generals.

If we're thinking of the same scene, he just knocks it to the side, in a direction it had no opposing momentum for.
Doesn’t really matter. Melz’ punch connects with the back of Bang’s hand and then Bang yeets it away.

He’s definitely not gonna scale above Bang for temporarily stunning him, especially when Bang got up literally one page later. He’d get “possibly 7-B” at best

I'm just wondering if it should be noted that his acid could damage a higher level character, to show its extent.
Just pointing that any kind of attack with dura neg can damage higher level character, it's not nothing you should point on a profile

Hell, even if you have a 3-Dimensional character with Boundless durability (without transduality, BDE nor any ability which grants by default a "no" to 3D hax), he'll get damaged by dura neg anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back