• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Dark Matter Thieves Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Armored Boros now scales to Geryuganshoop, shouldn't we get rid of the "possibly higher" part of MB Boros' speed rating?

I vaguely get scaling Boros' speed to Gery, but I'm against scaling any of the commanders to the ship's durability. There's just not enough there to support it in my view.
geryu seemed to destroy part of the boro's chamber in the ship, and the rubble from it, and was even confident in fighting saitama with the help of melz after seeing saitama destroying parts of the ship, i think that there is enough for at least a possibly, but then again i guess this thread's rejected so i will not argue for it more

also i have a question in boros's page the link for the part about boros reacting to the fight between saitama and geryu is this which is an ftl calc, so shouldn't boros be ftl rather than relativistic+? or did i just understood wrong?

geryu seemed to destroy part of the boro's chamber in the ship,
Gery throws debris that Saitama broke. The debris only shatter when hitting Saitama, since right after we can see the ground and its utterly undamaged.
and was even confident in fighting saitama
Being incorrect about your power and dying in one hit isn't a feat. Hotdog Man would probably say he could fight Tornado, that wouldn't make Hotdog Man High 6-A.
think that there is enough for at least a possibly,
Its not.
between saitama and geryu is this which is an ftl calc
The only FTL portion of the calc is Saitama's reaction speed. Which I'm not sure if Boros scales to in the first place.

The only FTL portion of the calc is Saitama's reaction speed. Which I'm not sure if Boros scales to in the first place.
not really, in the end of the calc there the ftl value of saitama's hands and body moving to intercept the rubble, so by this logic shouldn't boros be ftl for perceiving it and still thinking that he could face saitama? as a possibly at the very least? it is what the profile would sugest for the way it is now, or am i misunderstanding some detail?

No. Perception speed depends both on distance and timeframe. It's easier to see a faster thing from further away.
Him perceiving it and still thinking that he could fight saitama, even after seeing him go that gast against geryu, plus the fact that geryu was considered a bad joke by saitama while boros wasn't, i think there is enough room to argue about it, but idk if here is the best place since i think we are derailing the thread a bit

still thinking that he could fight saitama
The gap between Gery's speed and Saitama's speed is 1.5x

The gap between them isn't nearly enough to imply a critical speed disadvantage. The only way to get a higher number is if you assume Saitama caught a rock rather than just picked it up and even then the gap isn't more than like 5x in Saitama's favor.

Overall there's no basis for a FTL rating.

Isn't the 4.35c value accepted, which would be a nearly 6x gap compared to Gery's 0.75c?
But even then, 6x isn't that much of a speed gap to cross. Especially with the implication that Boros is faster than Gery. There's also no reason for him to scale to this rating.

Like, just thinking you can fight someone and then being utterly wrong about it isn't the best leg to stand on for scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back