• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

There's been differing opinions about the recent Fallout show though the overall rating has been positive.
I am still watching it but I have one gripe that might be controversial here - I think the gore is excessive. Like no lads, a close up of a man with a cut off leg having veins n shit sticking out only to have it be stuck into a machine that cuts into legs is NOT necessary to the plot. I get showing some blood, maybe a bit of gore to keep it realistic n dark, I get shows that have sex scenes cause it's basically just fanservice most times, but unnecessary gore is something that is truly unnecessary in a series meant for entertainment and one that isn't even a horror series or a slasher film.

Mid doesn't necessarily mean bad though
mid isn't supposed to mean bad, buy it's used to imply it

even in the rare cases it isn't,it's pretty much a word used to spite some series's fans nowadays rather than an actual objective assessment of any kind

Dragon Ball is overrated. It's not necessarily a bad franchise, but it's nowhere near the best.

Sailor Moon and Yu Yu Hakusho are much better anime series and have more appealing characters than Dragon Ball, especially in the Super era and beyond.

The MCU is dogshit and I truly, legitimately cannot understand how anybody past the age of 12 can enjoy those movies.

I'm really fucking sick and tired of remakes, reboots, and retellings of various media that already exists. I feel like we're rapidly approaching a media singularity where everything that has previously existed in some form is simply regurgitated in a new coat of paint, whether that be in a remake people forget about in a week or in another ill-fated attempt to create some kind of media multiverse (Space Jam 2 is a good example of this thought process at its worst).

Touhou Project unironically sweeps most verses here in terms of the quality of its storytelling and characterization. Genuinely a great series to analyze the thematics and worldbuilding of, which is why it's so upsetting to see a majority of the fandom keep recycling the same unfunny memes and gooner mentality. Not gonna ruin my enjoyment, though.
MCU used to be the most exciting movie franchise in the last decade for me, but it really went down the ******* in Phase 5.

DCEU >>>>>

Mainstream Shonenshit series are nowadays overrated and looks increasingly boring and bland as a genre in anime/manga for me.

And it has become the Anime/Manga equivalent to MCU Capeshit in my opinion.

People sometimes argue some older action series and shonen series are repetitive. The same people often ignore that moren shonen and seinen is also very repetitive at times.

Remember, how many popular modern series are:
Hotheaded MC™ gets powers from/fuses with/turns into the Eldritch Gory Monster™ that everyone is fighting and he gets involved with Organization™ that has higher and lower ranked officers with cool specific uniform that should kill him but lets him live for now™ (some higher up wants to kill them probably) while they're all supported by OP Teacher or ally™ of MC™ and then they probably get killed or something similar.
Sure, these have their exceptions, but they follow the same premises. We have Demon Slayer, JJK, Chainsaw Man, Kaiju n8, Choujin X and more.

I think almost all forms of drugs should be made illegal.

By drugs, I mean ones used almost exclusively for recreational use, such as cocaine, meth, acid, and fentanyl. I have personally seen many friends and family members die due to their overuse of these escapisms from reality, whether from overdose, or self-inflicted (New Orleans is a horrible to live in, where most of them lived). The only real exceptions to this is Weed, since we as humans have not only been cultivating and using it for thousands of years, but there are also no real adverse health side-effects associated to its consumption after the age of 25.

This also does not include "drugs" as in prescriptions from a doctor. If they give you it, then chances are that it's beneficial to your health.

Me on my way to read it just that I can downplay it:

downplay Case from Neuromancer from "actively dying from pancreatic failure" to "actively dying from SUPER-TIER PANCREATIC ULTRA EXISTENCE ERASURE"

Don’t let Twitter see this.
1766223172163023025.gif

In a majority of the US, perhaps; however, countries like Canada have already taken action to decriminalize almost all of the drugs listed. Moreover, there seems to be a more common sentiment online to legalize them (at least in my experience). Hell, Oregon already jumped on the bandwagon back in 2021.
While I’m not sure about most Canadian laws, by my understanding “decriminalizing” substances doesn’t make the substances legal, but simply lowers to punishment level for possessing them (Specifically for misdemeanor amounts). As well, it’s to remove some of the burden on people who are addicted to substances so that they are able to go get the help they need, rather than simply having them sit in jail. That’s just my interpretation of it at least

Invisible Pinky ez but thats a cold take no?
It's called a Spectre btw
Not sure why though. It's literally just a pinky but invisible. Name change wasn't needed
Anyway they're annoying but you can usually see them coming if your settings are right.
Most annoying for me is easily Pain Elementals and hitscanners.
I know that's not that unpopular or anything but holy **** do they annoy me

Arachnotrons, Lost Souls, Pain Elementals, Chaingunners, and Archviles. Especially the last three.

Even though Archviles are my favorite non-boss enemy in the game.
I haven't reached the point where you see Arch-viles frequently, I only encountered them once (I'm at The Inmost Dens) but they seem pretty powerful
Good thing is I had a bfg there so I didn't burn too much health
Honestly Arachnotrons don't bother me too much, only when I'm getting jumped and they're spamming projectiles do I really get annoyed with them. Rest I agree with 100% though

Back