• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

I'm just saying Batman would never get caught lacking like this 😤
Venom 35 200 Marvel Kael Ngu Spider-Man Slam Dunk Basketball Trade Variant  | eBay

Batman is kind of overrated, ngl. Not saying I don't like Batman, but I do greatly prefer Spider-Man as a character (when the editorial staff isn't screwing him over, though that's been happening with Batman, too).

My favorite depictions of him have been B:TAS, and the DCAU, and then the Battinson portrayal.

Speaking of Spider-Man... I miss when Peter was a straight-up A-Hole, when he'd bully and berate villains.

I'ma say it, actually: the Lee/Ditko era of Spider-Man was the best one.
Yeah, this ain't it, but this is supposed to be a hot take thread.

While there are great stories, the most notable being If This Be My Destiny, it's bogged down by a lot of things. Ditko made his pages crowded with panels, making it just a straight up slog to read. There was also the constant drama of misunderstandings taking place 24/7. And of course, Peter coming down with ailment every other chapter just so he can struggle. It got repetitive, and its why I think the Lee/Romita run was better.

Batman is kind of overrated, ngl. Not saying I don't like Batman, but I do greatly prefer Spider-Man as a character (when the editorial staff isn't screwing him over, though that's been happening with Batman, too).

My favorite depictions of him have been B:TAS, and the DCAU, and then the Battinson portrayal.
But he's Batman?

Back