• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

No, not even close. It's only carried by the fact that it's used to make things. Milk straight up is abhorrent.
Drink it.
shigeo-kageyama-mob-psycho100.gif

Lemonade is good but most lemonade that is sold in stores is sugary as all shit. It's best when homemade tbh.
I agree that it can be very unhealthy, but one thing I will say is that I never had a bad lemonade or a bad lemonade/lemon-flavored drink.

hot take but there should be a word limit for CRTs and a separate limit for messages. Why? Cause nobody has time for your yee-yee ass novel about why this one guy is actually 5-B and FTL.
You have a tier 0? Make a cosmology blog.

hot take but there should be a word limit for CRTs and a separate limit for messages. Why? Cause nobody has time for your yee-yee ass novel about why this one guy is actually 5-B and FTL.
I mean, the less detailed your CRT is, the less persuading it is.

I know it can be frustrating, but it's for making a strong argument that could change our perspective on a character. You might as well go all out if you’re going to do that.

I know it can be frustrating, but it's for making a strong argument that could change our perspective on a character. You might as well go all out if you’re going to do that.
our crts and vsthreads are all depending on the fact that other people will read your argument and either agree or disagree with it. If you can't make it readable then don't argue lol.

our crts and vsthreads are all depending on the fact that other people will read your argument and either agree or disagree with it. If you can't make it readable then don't argue lol.
I get what you mean, it really depends on the context. For example, if I’m a Deltarune fan and I stumble upon a long post about some Nasuverse character that I have no clue or interest in, I would probably skip it. But if I’m a Nasuverse fan who has been eager to see this character get some buff, I would read that post with great attention and enthusiasm 10 times over, because it matters to me and I’m curious about it.

People who write lengthy essays for CRTS usually aim for those who share their passion and knowledge on the topic. And I think that’s a good thing, because they can have more meaningful and informed discussions then with those who don't care.

I get what you mean, it really depends on the context. For example, if I’m a Deltarune fan and I stumble upon a long post about some Nasuverse character that I have no clue or interest in, I would probably skip it. But if I’m a Nasuverse fan who has been eager to see this character get some buff, I would read that post with great attention and enthusiasm 10 times over, because it matters to me and I’m curious about it.

People who write lengthy essays for CRTS usually aim for those who share their passion and knowledge on the topic. And I think that’s a good thing, because they can have more meaningful and informed discussions then with those who don't care.
Yeah this is all good and all but it doesn't matter because the site relies on staff votes and they'd have to read the CRT to understand tf is going on. I've seen staff asking for a summary half the time there's a long CRT and in many cases there's no staff member who even knows the verse.

This is going to be a small rant, I guess.

I really dislike series that introduces multiple power systems for the sake of having them, and only mentions them like once or are boring as hell.

Currently I am getting back into Reborn to Master the Blade and it has that exact problem. The characters are interesting, the world building is nice but god damn does it have too many power systems, just to list a few from the top of my head:
  • Aether (most fundamental force of all in the universe)
  • Magic (basically crystalized Aether but has its difference, stems from Aeither)
  • Dusty Aether (shitty Aether but different as well)
  • Dragon's lore (some unknown power and comes from a different world that is used, as the name suggests, by dragons)
  • Uhhh...pretty sure hieral menaces have a shittier version of Dusty Aether and is still considered different than it
  • Aether Cross Lore (the combination of Aether and dragon's lore)
The worst part is that none of it brings new abilities, all of them are literally used for powerups and that's all. I can't even remember the last time any of the new powers introduced gave new hax abilities. And that's not to mention the author can't even give any solid multipliers, its just "they become far stronger".

ive been considering reading that story specifically so i can have something to read with my brain turned off while at work

You have no idea of the gains you are missing on
I still drink protein shakes which contain milk so I don't lose out on anything. Cheese? Great (but I can't eat this straight up either) Cake? Delicious. Ice Cream? Arguably one the best dessert. Milk by itself? Tastes like dirty water.

I still drink protein shakes which contain milk so I don't lose out on anything. Cheese? Great (but I can't eat this straight up either) Cake? Delicious. Ice Cream? Arguably one the best dessert. Milk by itself? Tastes like dirty water.
I mean, that kinda helps, but you are spending twice as much money for pretty much the same caloric intake.

And I don't know what you are talking about, milk tastes like peak.

Back