• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

My day has been bad but it's only gotten worse not that apparently the new Yakuza series on Amazon is bad. From what I gather from the reviews the only way to enjoy it is if you just take it as a completely new story, as in, forget everything you know. The changes to the plot in the very first episode change some extremely fundamental and important parts of the series to the point where I don't want to even watch it anymore.

Estoy cansado jefe

My day has been bad but it's only gotten worse not that apparently the new Yakuza series on Amazon is bad. From what I gather from the reviews the only way to enjoy it is if you just take it as a completely new story, as in, forget everything you know. The changes to the plot in the very first episode change some extremely fundamental and important parts of the series to the point where I don't want to even watch it anymore.

Estoy cansado jefe
Yakuza series?
amazon?
since when?
also hope ye' day get better lad.

star-wars-samuel-l-jackson.gif

he'd solo the entire boys verse tbh
I'm analyzing the feats thread on Twitter right now, but as is, skeptical of your claim.

Doesn't Soldier Boy have Radiation Manipulation & Vicky have Durability Negation as her main power? (As well as Vicky having Resistance to many forms of Durability Negation & being up there in Durability herself.)
Heck, Homelander's heat vision alone, which he spams IC, may be able to Durability Neg Sportacus via Heat Manipulation.

By our current ratings of him, Sportacus only matches the top tiers of The Boys with "Sports Candy". Not to mention, he's kind of slow; We use the "runs 22.7 times faster than Robbie Rotten" in his Speed justification, & it only gets him to a little over 152 meters per second.
Subsonic.

He'll get speedblitzed, at the least.

Last edited:
I'm analyzing the feats thread on Twitter right now, but as is, skeptical of your claim.

Doesn't Soldier Boy have Radiation Manipulation & Vicky have Durability Negation as her main power? (As well as Vicky having Resistance to many forms of Durability Negation & being up there in Durability herself.)
Heck, Homelander's heat vision alone, which he spams IC, may be able to Durability Neg Sportacus via Heat Manipulation.

By our current ratings of him, Sportacus only matches the top tiers of The Boys. Not to mention, he's kind of slow; We use the "runs 22.7 times faster than Robbie Rotten" in his Speed justification, & it only gets him to a little over 152 meters per second.
Subsonic.

I was joking, but he would definitely give a good amount of the characters trouble.

I was joking,
Yeah, I figured.
But I do this stuff for fun. Vs Debating is about arguing & thinking for fun, I'd say.
So responding to your silly premise, even if it meant taking a contrary side, is fun for me. : )
Sorry if you mind.
but he would definitely give a good amount of the characters trouble.
Oh that's definitely true, lol.

Last edited:
Someone made a thread on Sportacus' feats

Regarding the running 22.7x faster thing, feats should come before statements.
Does the visual we get of them going around the 'course align with Sportacus being that much faster than Robbie?
(Though, apparently it's on his profile, as we use that feat as justification with an assumption that Robbie was running at an Average Human speed of 15 mph.)

The batting an orange to his ship & beating it there feat is an incredible feat... of precision.
(Also, he does a lot of the travel to the ship there on his glider thingy.)
We have a timeframe, but we'd need distance. (Angscale it somehow? IDK how to do that.)
The projectile speed may also not be impressive, since the feat takes like, a dozen seconds before the orange reaches his ship.
It's also good for his glider's travel speed.

Was the stone wall lift & throw with or without Sports Candy, AKA, some healthy fruit or vegetable?
To his credit, it is very impressive, & throwing heavy objects can be good for LS.... But he already has:
Lifting Strength: Unknown normally, Class G with Sports Candy (Lifted a large pyramid and towed a space shuttle with the help of Sports Candy)
Though his Pyramid lift feat may be lacking in approving evaluations, now that I'm checking it?
& I'm not sure the Shuttle feat is more than a supporting feat, as opposed to a Class G feat, since I don't see much in the calc indicating a Class G LS yield calc'd for the feat in the blog.

Does a triple frontflip
How does Sportacus's acrobatics rating on his profile not have a justification?!

More feats of incredible precision. The latter might also qualify as some kind of reactions/predictions, or intelligence feat, since he knew where the ball's complex trajectory would make it go before it completed it, & acted on that knowledged to hit it at the end(?) of its insane course.

This probably isn't meteor level speed, but depending on the mass of Santa, his sleigh, & maybe Sportacus, the terminal velocity might be pretty high. Then again, the falling speed shown might be slower than that.

He calls it Sports Candy. Are these really regular fruits & vegetables?
Or does he have some kind of Empowerment/Weapon Mastery/Statistics Amplification or something?!?

Assuming these truly are China & France, & not some fictional version (Or that their being analogous means they are of similar distances apart.), these are some intercontinental travel speeds for him & his vehicle. Since it's pedal powered, may also be notable for stamina, too, but timeframe matters.

https://x.com/NotKamuiSry/status/1849436185531396565

Blade precision/skill.

https://x.com/NotKamuiSry/status/1849288493433856487

Weird LS feat. Toon Force maybe? Or just bad logic?

By our current ratings of him, Sportacus only matches the top tiers of The Boys. Not to mention, he's kind of slow; We use the "runs 22.7 times faster than Robbie Rotten" in his Speed justification, & it only gets him to a little over 152 meters per second.
Subsonic.

Funny thing is from a purely physical standpoint, Sportacus matches, if not outright trumps The Boys verse, and he has insane stamina too, so he's likely never going to tire.

Sportacus also has some degree of Toon Force as well, because that feat of him hitting that apple to the moon, as well as the feat of him throwing that carrot at a wall completely defies the laws of physics (the fruit would've turned to mush at that point).

It's mainly The Boys' hax and speed that gets them the win.

Funny thing is from a purely physical standpoint, Sportacus matches, if not outright trumps The Boys verse, and he has insane stamina too, so he's likely never going to tire.

Sportacus also has some degree of Toon Force as well, because that feat of him hitting that apple to the moon, as well as the feat of him throwing that carrot at a wall completely defies the laws of physics (the fruit would've turned to mush at that point).

It's mainly The Boys' hax and speed that gets them the win.
There is the issues that he's much stronger with "Sports Candy"... compared to his 9-A regular self. Without it, he won't match the top tiers, apparently.

Not that that's hard to get ahold of, even in a demureness-destitute dystopia like The Boys, unless some supe-hating lunatics or something decide to start trying to play produce keepaway....
Sportacus (amped by eating 5 grapes) should high diff Black Noir
Oh gosh, I forgot about Black Noir, doesn't he scale above Homelander?
Though I think Sportacus can match their speed thanks to his glider.
Yeah. I worry he might not like that compromise, plus, it might be a liability, if it isn't purely physically powered; If there's anyone who can manipulate technology, that might be an issue.

Regarding the running 22.7x faster thing, feats should come before statements.
Does the visual we get of them going around the 'course align with Sportacus being that much faster than Robbie?
(Though, apparently it's on his profile, as we use that feat as justification with an assumption that Robbie was running at an Average Human speed of 15 mph.)

The batting an orange to his ship & beating it there feat is an incredible feat... of precision.
(Also, he does a lot of the travel to the ship there on his glider thingy.)
We have a timeframe, but we'd need distance. (Angscale it somehow? IDK how to do that.)
The projectile speed may also not be impressive, since the feat takes like, a dozen seconds before the orange reaches his ship.
It's also good for his glider's travel speed.

Was the stone wall lift & throw with or without Sports Candy, AKA, some healthy fruit or vegetable?
To his credit, it is very impressive, & throwing heavy objects can be good for LS.... But he already has:
Lifting Strength: Unknown normally, Class G with Sports Candy (Lifted a large pyramid and towed a space shuttle with the help of Sports Candy)
Though his Pyramid lift feat may be lacking in approving evaluations, now that I'm checking it?
& I'm not sure the Shuttle feat is more than a supporting feat, as opposed to a Class G feat, since I don't see much in the calc indicating a Class G LS yield calc'd for the feat in the blog.

How does Sportacus's acrobatics rating on his profile not have a justification?!

More feats of incredible precision. The latter might also qualify as some kind of reactions/predictions, or intelligence feat, since he knew where the ball's complex trajectory would make it go before it completed it, & acted on that knowledged to hit it at the end(?) of its insane course.

This probably isn't meteor level speed, but depending on the mass of Santa, his sleigh, & maybe Sportacus, the terminal velocity might be pretty high. Then again, the falling speed shown might be slower than that.

He calls it Sports Candy. Are these really regular fruits & vegetables?
Or does he have some kind of Empowerment/Weapon Mastery/Statistics Amplification or something?!?

Assuming these truly are China & France, & not some fictional version (Or that their being analogous means they are of similar distances apart.), these are some intercontinental travel speeds for him & his vehicle. Since it's pedal powered, may also be notable for stamina, too, but timeframe matters.

Blade precision/skill.

https://x.com/NotKamuiSry/status/1849288493433856487

Weird LS feat. Toon Force maybe? Or just bad logic?

Someone should translate all of his LS feats to AP, I heard that's possible now since it's from the Superman from the new show got his AP

I wonder how much AP lifting a pyramid gives?

How much AP batting an apple to space gives?

How much AP stopping a moving air vehicle gives?

I think we should ask the calc guys to calculate these feats so we can do a CRT

The fact that Sportacus with Sports Candy is comparable to the top tiers in The Boys is actually hilarious.
Mind, unless it's a small gap between, this is moreso for the Dynamite Entertainment comics than the Amazon TV show.

Somehow, the TV show, an adaptation, is rated higher than the ostensible source materials, the comic books.

Again:
Homelander (TV series):
Tier: At least 8-A, higher with Heat Vision and Rage Power

Homelander (Dynamite Entertainment):
Tier: 9-A, possibly 8-B

The fact that a Superhero is stronger (Even if only by our standards.) in an adaptation than the version they originate from is kind of weird & wacky & crazy, no?
Like, actually: HOW did that happen?! Lol.

Back