• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEA-
you-burned-my-house-you-burned-my-house-to-the-ground.gif

While I agree with you and don't blame you for wanting to leave, when ever someone says they're leaving it reminds me of this meme about One Piece fans
midpiecefans.png
Thing is, the plan is to not leave it 100% but leave the main stuff I do.
Basically I'd remain here to talk in fng games and to protect the verses I made or support by myself (so I'd leave sth like Pokemon but I'd fight someone trying to nerf Gegege no Kitaro for example).

Thing is, the plan is to not leave it 100% but leave the main stuff I do.
Basically I'd remain here to talk in fng games and to protect the verses I made or support by myself (so I'd leave sth like Pokemon but I'd fight someone trying to nerf Gegege no Kitaro for example).
Quite honestly I can't be arsed to get into powerscaling debates here anymore
But I like some fng threads and I like talking to some of the people here so why not stay? Sure the site can be.. rather unsavory at times but the discussions here can be enjoyable

Didn't that happen in one of the servers you owned? I definitely remember Arto casually mentioning in general chat that he had a wet dream about having a harem with Fuji and Dread.
He has awful tastes, probably the worst tastes I've seen in the history of tastes. He should have taken that secret to the grave, get a therapist even.

BTW, I am trying to push Arto into contacting the mods to see if he can defend himself and clear his name. There might be things taken out of context.

But I am unsure if Arto could clear his name or not. I hope he does because I wouldn't feel comfortable being on the same chatrooms as a guy who is freaky to women.

I am gonna pass on Y4.
I'll watch it on youtube instead.
It's basically praised as the worst game half the time (some think its the best but there's only a few). I decided it because I just reached the first Saito fight. I was trying to play on hard because people said this game is easy but the boss is bullcrap and has final boss level combos for the first boss you face with Saejima. I know there's like 2-3 more bosses you fight that are just as annoying. I also dislike the fact that...the graphics and the gameplay is basically just slightly fixed Yakuza 3. I don't want to play Y3 again, I already beat it. From what I know of this game, the story breaks itself into bits. Since I haven't put any money into this, I will just watch the game and skip to Y5 which people say is literally the best thing ever.
Even in this first segment with Akiyama was already kind of a slog. It was kinda fun but generally I didn't get much joy out of it. I enjoyed one fight a bit and it was the Majima goon that you clash with at the end of part 1. Since I don't wanna break my monitor in frustration after the Saito fights, I'll just watch it and maybe one day play the game properly on a lower difficulty. Am I pussying out? Even if I am, I don't care, I play games for enjoyment, not for bullshit.

This is exactly why your selfish deed is not freedom. How could you skip the game that had Speedstar and introduced Akiyama?
I went through the first part and it was alright. I can now watch it on youtube and know the lore. I am selfish, and I think that's good here.
Why bind yourself with peer pressure when you can chose the entertainment. Why slog through a painful experience when you can sit back and not do it?

Anyways another reason I decided to leave is the crappy minigames. Basically most of the minigames are made in a way that causes immense pain. Hostess club management? Basically impossible without a guide, is basically just a dress up game with rng mixed in. Darts? broken. Billiards? That one's okay actually. Bowling too. But the rest...there's just not much except gambling and I don't gamble. Even the sega minigame is only fun for a single time.
This means that all I am left with is annoying fights that have annoying methods of victory and a game plot that according to like 90% of the people who've played it say is the worst plot in Yakuza.

In Y3 I liked it more because of the novelty, or rather the anti-novelty. I liked seeing how the games were before the modern times. In y4 that novelty wears off and you'r just playing a slightly improved y3 that is actually somewhat less fluid.

Anyways another reason I decided to leave is the crappy minigames. Basically most of the minigames are made in a way that causes immense pain. Hostess club management? Basically impossible without a guide, is basically just a dress up game with rng mixed in. Darts? broken. Billiards? That one's okay actually. Bowling too. But the rest...there's just not much except gambling and I don't gamble. Even the sega minigame is only fun for a single time.
This means that all I am left with is annoying fights that have annoying methods of victory and a game plot that according to like 90% of the people who've played it say is the worst plot in Yakuza.

In Y3 I liked it more because of the novelty, or rather the anti-novelty. I liked seeing how the games were before the modern times. In y4 that novelty wears off and you'r just playing a slightly improved y3 that is actually somewhat less fluid.
Dude. You're waffling. You aren't forced to do any mini games for Y4 in its main story. And about boss difficulty, Saito is the only annoying one (aside from the final boss) because Saejima's rough at the beginning, but he quickly gets way better. Just stick it out until the end, Y4 may be the least favorite but barely anyone considers it bad.

Dude. You're waffling. You aren't forced to do any mini games for Y4 in its main story.
Reading comperhension is gone. crab rave.
I never mentioned that they are necessary. Mini-games are a big part of the games for me and make it way more enjoyable. The fact that they're underdeveloped or bad makes the experience far worse.
And about boss difficulty, Saito is the only annoying one (aside from the final boss) because Saejima's rough at the beginning, but he quickly gets way better. Just stick it out until the end
Nah, I don't wanna. I just don't have any reason to play it instead of just watching it really. I already ain't a fan of the y4 combat system, not to mention other peeves I have such as travel speed, the fact that chases are still a thing, lack of functional entertainment beyond the actual game fights. I am stuck on Saito and tbh I just don't wanna continue knowing I will have to go through several very annoying fights just to get through a bad plot that has just a wee bit of relevancy in the next games
Y4 may be the least favorite but barely anyone considers it bad.
the opinions on y4 are very mixed. Story is very important to me and knowing that it goes downhill just makes me even more disappointed.

Reading comperhension is gone. crab rave.
I never mentioned that they are necessary. Mini-games are a big part of the games for me and make it way more enjoyable. The fact that they're underdeveloped or bad makes the experience far worse.
Oh my fault there, didn't realize you were goated for that. When I see someone talk about Yakuza they only do the mini games if they have to. My fault, again.
Nah, I don't wanna. I just don't have any reason to play it instead of just watching it really. I already ain't a fan of the y4 combat system, not to mention other peeves I have such as travel speed, the fact that chases are still a thing, lack of functional entertainment beyond the actual game fights. I am stuck on Saito and tbh I just don't wanna continue knowing I will have to go through several very annoying fights just to get through a bad plot that has just a wee bit of relevancy in the next games
Again, those fights aren't that annoying after Saito. He's the only annoying one since you don't even get a chance to level up. That was an odd decision to be honest, Saejima's part is definitely the most jank portion of the game. But hey if that's what you think, oh well.
the opinions on y4 are very mixed. Story is very important to me and knowing that it goes downhill just makes me even more disappointed.
There's only really one thing that's joked about by the fans (for a very obvious reason). I'm a person who'll say "experience the story for yourself", but I get the argument for looking at reviews.

Wait, asking authors for evidence is against the rules? That's dumb as **** lol, obviously leading questions are bad, but you gotta gather evidence somehow.

Wait, asking authors for evidence is against the rules? That's dumb as **** lol, obviously leading questions are bad, but you gotta gather evidence somehow.
There's a difference between asking authors for evidence, and asking stuff like "Hey this powerscaler asked you if these characters can survive and escape from a black hole despite never being shown to do so, and you said yes, so are they also unaffected by time-space altercation" and "Hey IS THIS BITCH JUST IMMUNE TO ALL THE POWERS IN THE SERIES??"

There's a difference between asking authors for evidence, and asking stuff like "Hey this powerscaler asked you if these characters can survive and escape from a black hole despite never being shown to do so, and you said yes, so are they also unaffected by time-space altercation" and "Hey IS THIS BITCH JUST IMMUNE TO ALL THE POWERS IN THE SERIES??"
I don't think you understand, my life is incomplete without knowing if Alien X has water manip

I don't think you understand, my life is incomplete without knowing if Alien X has water manip
You don't need Word of God for that, think logically. Alien X can break the Fourth Wall, and anytime it's on-screen it makes powerscalers sweat and soil themselves, so the conclusion is it DOES have Water Manipulation that's on a 4-D scale.

Well, now it's seeming like some staff in the RvR are saying that asking any question related to a character's abilities to an author is a rule violation.

Well, now it's seeming like some staff in the RvR are saying that asking any question related to a character's abilities to an author is a rule violation.
Like, damn, I know anything I write can't be considered on here because I'm too goated with the scaling sauce, but if it could, I would certainly like to answer questions that were asked of me.

Back