• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Ant ain't my state governor but I can say the truth when I feel like I need to say it. Ant's actions are more important. He does something good? Good. We don't need him posting his ideological list, it just looks like an attempt to make yourself look better without actually showing anything for it. I know Ant can do better, that's why I state my case. I've also seen him send this exact thing out during the Fuji drama as proof that he isn't transphobic, which felt out of line cause it sounds very illogical to send a list of your politics when a person comes at you with personal accusations, rather than proving them wrong by showing that you actually did something that supports those ideologies.
Yo, I lowkey forgot about the Fuji stuff, that was ****** up, I'm changing my mind.

I am tolerant to quite heavy criticism if you haven't noticed, so again, I am trying to act in accordance with my beliefs, rather than being a petty tyrant, but at the end of the day I am also already almost doing my best to be as helpful as I can to our community with the time I have available. 🙏
Off topic but why do you always gotta put a praying emoji at the end of a sentence

Ant ain't my state governor but I can say the truth when I feel like I need to say it. Ant's actions are more important. He does something good? Good. We don't need him posting his ideological list, it just looks like an attempt to make yourself look better without actually showing anything for it. I know Ant can do better, that's why I state my case. I've also seen him send this exact thing out during the Fuji drama as proof that he isn't transphobic, which felt out of line cause it sounds very illogical to send a list of your politics when a person comes at you with personal accusations, rather than proving them wrong by showing that you actually did something that supports those ideologies.
I am not remotely transphobic, but I also do not want to overreach in terms of being too authoritarian, so I am not always sure how to handle these types of situations.

how I feel just trying to have a discussion about good old music and food only to see people jumping my goat Ant out of nowhere
on-fire-pizza.gif

As an example of what I mean by Scoobie Do, here is their album Beautiful Days. I love the way they use the guitars and violins, and each of these songs are certified bangers

Hmm. Not quite my kind of music. I like the TOTO songs better. But thank you anyway. 🙏

I am not remotely transphobic, but I also do not want to overreach in terms of being too authoritarian, so I am not always sure how to handle these types of situations.
well the question isn't about being authoritarian or you being transphobic but rather the fact that when a person implies you are transphobic it's best to show things you did that support trans people rather than sending them a list and telling them to go read it. I don't particularly care about people's politics, I've enough stress in my life as it is to care about that. What I'm trying to say, yet again, is that actions always speak louder than words.

well the question isn't about being authoritarian or you being transphobic but rather the fact that when a person implies you are transphobic it's best to show things you did that support trans people rather than sending them a list and telling them to go read it. I don't particularly care about people's politics, I've enough stress in my life as it is to care about that. What I'm trying to say, yet again, is that actions always speak louder than words.
Well, I have several well-behaved and competent trans people in our staff, and have tried to be a bit extra tolerant regarding bad behaviour from other trans members, due to that they have been highly harrassed and stressed out IRL, but we still need to have an upper limit for bad behaviour for all of our members regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality, culture, and so onwards. 🙏

If someone implies I'm transphobic (or any of the phobias ppl often get accused of nowadays), they would usually get that from comments I've said before (I'm making this scenario up btw. I've never gotten accused for being transphobic).

So what I tend to do is disprove them and explain what I meant by my statement. You don't need to do some performative shit to prove you support trans ppl. Just accept them for who they are.

Well, I have several well-behaved and competent trans people in our staff, and have tried to be a bit extra tolerant regarding bad behaviour from other trans members, due to that they have been highly harrassed and stressed out IRL, but we still need to have an upper limit for bad behaviour for all of our members regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality, culture, and so onwards. 🙏
You don't understand my point again. I don't care what you did to Fuji, I simply thing your conduct during that could've gone far better.
You don't need to do some performative shit to prove you support trans ppl. Just accept them for who they are.
I am not saying you need to preform something, I am saying to show something more substantial than a link to your profile with a text on what politics you believe in

I am not saying you need to preform something, I am saying to show something more substantial than a link to your profile with a text on what politics you believe in
Or you can just say "I support trans ppl and I accept them for who they are" and be done with it.

And if ppl still wanna hate...

You don't understand my point again. I don't care what you did to Fuji, I simply thing your conduct during that could've gone far better.
Well, my sense of judgement regarding social drama situations is not good due to the autism, so I mostly have to rely on other staff members to help sort it out.
Those are my genuine belief systems though. Just because I am not in a position to apply all of them to reality for everybody doesn't mean that I do not try my best to act accordingly.

Or you can just say "I support trans ppl and I accept them for who they are" and be done with it.
sure, even that is better than sending a freaking list. Like imagine someone accuses a guy of being a capitalist and he just hands over the communist manifesto and says "these are my beliefs, you are wrong about me" like... bruh?
Well, my sense of judgement regarding social drama situations is not good due to the autism, so I mostly have to rely on other staff members to help sort it out.
I understand but still, you are the biggest face of the wiki. If you can talk and negotiate well with the bigwigs of Fandom I believe you can handle a few nerds on the internet, am I wrong?
Those are my genuine belief systems though. Just because I am not in a position to apply all of them to reality for everybody doesn't mean that I do not try my best to act accordingly.
Well, going off of my example before, you could've just pointed out that you rely on and support staff members who are trans and have some of the highest positions on the wiki to prove that you aren't transphobic in the eyes of everyone else. It is a simple statement that carries some weight. Better than sending out a list that the person is, let's be fair here, unlikely to read.

sure, even that is better than sending a freaking list. Like imagine someone accuses a guy of being a capitalist and he just hands over the communist manifesto and says "these are my beliefs, you are wrong about me" like... bruh?
As you should have noticed by now, I am a stream-of-consciousness automatic truthsayer, so lying is not remotely my thing unless I really really have to force myself to do so as it might put innocent people in danger otherwise.
I understand but still, you are the biggest face of the wiki. If you can talk and negotiate well with the bigwigs of Fandom I believe you can handle a few nerds on the internet, am I wrong?
Yes, and I am continuously being heavily criticised by yourself and others without any negative repercussions for any of you, but that does not mean that I have a good sense of judgement regarding proper solutions to complicated social drama.
Well, going off of my example before, you could've just pointed out that you rely on and support staff members who are trans and have some of the highest positions on the wiki to prove that you aren't transphobic in the eyes of everyone else. It is a simple statement that carries some weight. Better than sending out a list that the person is, let's be fair here, unlikely to read.
Well, to me it is an attempt to avoid misunderstandings and save time from repeating myself, since I have already explained my viewpoints there. Mind you, given the country that you live in, I sympathise with that you are tired of empty plattitudes from politicians (although it is obviously widespread all over this world), but I do not think like the vast majority of politicians, as should also be quite obvious by now. 🙏

As you should have noticed by now, I am a stream-of-consciousness automatic truthsayer, so lying is not remotely my thing unless I really really have to force myself to do so as it might put innocent people in danger otherwise.
Don't see how this has anything to do with what I said
Yes, and I am continuously being heavily criticised by yourself and others without any negative repercussions for any of you, but that does not mean that I have a good sense of judgement regarding proper solutions to complicated social drama.
reprecussions? Ok, you have permission to criticize me as much as you want to. You say you don't have a good sense of judgement but you're still the bigwig of the wiki. People also rely on you, it's not exactly an excuse when you're the one giving input in 90% of the RVR reports.
Well, to me it is an attempt to avoid misunderstandings and save time from repeating myself, since I have already explained my viewpoints there. Mind you, given the country that you live in, I sympathise with that you are tired of empty plattitudes from politicians (although it is obviously widespread all over this world), but I do not think like the vast majority of politicians, as should also be quite obvious by now. 🙏
You still try your best not to get my point...I'll just give up on trying to explain my point here.

Don't see how this has anything to do with what I said
I am saying that it should be obvious that I am telling the truth, and that yes, I am trying to act according to my beliefs, but I am also not remotely in a position to apply them all to reality.
reprecussions? Ok, you have permission to criticize me as much as you want to. You say you don't have a good sense of judgement but you're still the bigwig of the wiki. People also rely on you, it's not exactly an excuse when you're the one giving input in 90% of the RVR reports.
I am trying to help out there as a part of my tasks, since most of our other staff members regrettably do not, and it continuously takes considerable unpaid work time for me to do so, yes.

What is your point? That I have spent around ten years with tens of thousands of hours of unpaid work time to help thousands of our members, and freely let some of those members heavily criticise me for it if they wish to, and that this makes me a bad guy?
You still try your best not to get my point...I'll just give up on trying to explain my point here.
Your point seems to be that since the politicians you are familiar with are mostly very corrupt, you assume that almost everybody is corrupt, regardless if they are being sincere and altrustic, which is not true.

The vast majority of people can be good if they are not indoctrinated otherwise. The problem is that the on a personal level completely hollow psychopaths and sociopaths are the ones most ruthless in gaining wealth and power, which is why they are very heavily overrepresented among the international oligarchy, and then they oppress and deliberately divide and indoctrinate everybody else in order to maintain their own wealth and power, which they think are the only points of life, since, again, they are completely hollow and undeveloped people without any trace of empathy or consciences.

Last edited:
I am saying that it should be obvious that I am telling the truth, and that yes, I am trying to act according to my beliefs, but I am also not remotely in a position to apply them all to reality.
But I'm not asking you to apply them all to reality, I just want think giving people a guidebook on your beliefs instead of stating something simple is weird.
I am trying to help out there as a part of my tasks, since most of our other staff members regrettably do not, and it continuously takes considerable unpaid work time for me to do so, yes.
Sure, but if you are so worried about your judgement why not let the remaining staff figure it out? Or you know, tell other staff that aren't helping out to get their act together if they want to remain staff? You act like it is some impossible problem but you are the one that can make the bigger decisions here with many of your own staff that would support them.
What is your point? That I have spent around ten years with tens of thousands of hours of unpaid work time to help thousands of our members, and freely let some of those members heavily criticise me for it if they wish to, and that this makes me a bad guy?
Anyone can criticize anyone. Just because you spend time moderating this place doesn't exclude you from criticism, something you very much understand already. I never said you're the bad guy, I criticized a small part of your decision making and replies, please do not put words in my mouth.
Your point seems to be that since the politicians you are familiar with are mostly very corrupt, you assume that almost everybody is corrupt, regardless if they are being sincere and altrustic, which is not true.
No, that isn't my point at all. My point is that you should be more direct with people you're talking to instead of hyperlinking them to your ideology guidebook. It is as simple as that and I just used politics as an example because politics are the easiest thing to make an example of when we're talking about the relationship between staff and members.
The vast majority of people can be good if they are not indoctrinated otherwise. The problem is that the on a personal level completely hollow psychopaths and sociopaths are the ones most ruthless in gaining wealth and power, which is why they are very heavily overrepresented among the international oligarchy, and then they oppress and deliberately divide and indoctrinate everybody else in order to maintain their wealth and power, which they think are the only points of life, since, again, they are completely hollow and undeveloped people without any trace of empathy or consciences.
I have nothing to say here since this is far from the dumb simple thing I was just trying to point out.

But I'm not asking you to apply them all to reality, I just want think giving people a guidebook on your beliefs instead of stating something simple is weird.
Well, that is your right, but I think that it is straightforward open communication.
Sure, but if you are so worried about your judgement why not let the remaining staff figure it out? Or you know, tell other staff that aren't helping out to get their act together if they want to remain staff? You act like it is some impossible problem but you are the one that can make the bigger decisions here with many of your own staff that would support them.
Just because they are not helping out as much as I would prefer, this does not mean that they are not helping out at all, and some help is better than no help.
Anyone can criticize anyone. Just because you spend time moderating this place doesn't exclude you from criticism, something you very much understand already. I never said you're the bad guy, I criticized a small part of your decision making and replies, please do not put words in my mouth.
Okay. My apologies then. However, even though we both think that people should be able to criticise others without punishment, we also both know that genuinely bad tyrants, such as Xi Jinping, Kim Jong Un, and many others, punish others to absolutely ridiculous extremes for the slightest criticism.
No, that isn't my point at all. My point is that you should be more direct with people you're talking to instead of hyperlinking them to your ideology guidebook. It is as simple as that and I just used politics as an example because politics are the easiest thing to make an example of when we're talking about the relationship between staff and members.
Well, it would take far too much time to indepth explain myself directly to several thousand individual people, so I wrote down what I actually think in my user page order to attempt to help set the record straight.
I have nothing to say here since this is far from the dumb simple thing I was just trying to point out.
Okay. my apologies for misreading a pattern then. 🙏

Well, that is your right, but I think that it is straightforward open communication.
Yes, that is the point. Nobody really sees you as some political face or anything of the sort, when they talk to you they see two things, a mod, who they are forced to be official with, or a guy on the internet who they can talk to and feel they could relate to, which is more common for people who are older here.
Just because they are not helping out as much as I would prefer this does not mean that they are not helping out at all, and some help is better than no help.
I just don't see why you bring it up then? I mean if it is an issue then you've the power to fix it. If it isn't then don't bring it up.
Okay. My apologies then. And just because we both think that people should be able to criticise others without punishment, we also both know that genuinely bad tyrants, such as Xi Jinping, Kim Jong Un, and many others, punish others to absolutely ridiculous extremes for the slightest criticism.
And I never compared them to you because you're just a guy on the internet
Well, it would take far too much time to indepth explain myself directly to several thousand individual people, so I wrote down what I actually think in my user page order to attempt to help set the record straight.
But I am not asking you to explain it to a thousand people. I just think it is better to write a single sentence about your beliefs that is solid and understandable rather than linking the page. Please understand that this isn't something people will take seriously, they'll feel that it is disingenuous, even if you did intend for it to be different.
Okay. my apologies for misreading a pattern then. 🙏
No problem mate, just please consider in what I'm saying. People need a more direct approach as then they'll actually trust you as a person.

Yes, that is the point. Nobody really sees you as some political face or anything of the sort, when they talk to you they see two things, a mod, who they are forced to be official with, or a guy on the internet who they can talk to and feel they could relate to, which is more common for people who are older here.
Okay. Noted.
I just don't see why you bring it up then? I mean if it is an issue then you've the power to fix it. If it isn't then don't bring it up.
Because I am trying my best to help out when nobody else seems to be available. That's it. I am trying to help. All the time. For free. As best as I am able. That's all.
And I never compared them to you because you're just a guy on the internet
Yes, but lots of guys on the Internet go on personal power-trips, whereas I try to be nice and responsible to the best of my ability, but again, I am definitely far from perfect.
But I am not asking you to explain it to a thousand people. I just think it is better to write a single sentence about your beliefs that is solid and understandable rather than linking the page. Please understand that this isn't something people will take seriously, they'll feel that it is disingenuous, even if you did intend for it to be different.
Well, you may feel so, whereas I consider it practical, as there seemed to be lots more negative misunderstandings and projected false traits regarding me before I tried to explain myself there.
No problem mate, just please consider in what I'm saying. People need a more direct approach as then they'll actually trust you as a person.
I do not mind that in itself, but I am already too heavily overworked here and IRL combined to spend massive amounts of time regularly extensively talking with people online. My apologies. 🙏

Hello.

As some members frequenting the Fun & Games subforum might be aware, the Unpopular Opinions and "Friendly" Rants thread has quickly turned into a hotspot for toxicity and poking fun at other users of the site, much like the Pet Peeves and Slander threads before it. It was unanimously agreed upon between the staff team that threads like these go against the site's rules as well as culture, and as such will be locked down from here on.

If you believe this was an unnecessary decision, do not contact us, we do not care.

Hello.

As some members frequenting the Fun & Games subforum might be aware, the Unpopular Opinions and "Friendly" Rants thread has quickly turned into a hotspot for toxicity and poking fun at other users of the site, much like the Pet Peeves and Slander threads before it. It was unanimously agreed upon between the staff team that threads like these go against the site's rules as well as culture, and as such will be locked down from here on.

If you believe this was an unnecessary decision, do not contact us, we do not care.
More oil on fire lets go 🔥

Back