• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some more for ya:

• I think Devilman Crybaby was an okay anime. It was good, but certainly not a "masterpiece"
  • DIO/Dio Brando isn't even that bad of a character, he actually has some depth if you look close enough. He's just the least bizarre villain in a world of insanely bizarre characters.
  • RWBY Volume 5 was arguably the worst volume produced in the series (okay, maybe not as bad as the first two, but it's still pretty bad)
  • One Punch Man was not "the savior of anime"
  • Samurai Jack Season 5 started off really good, but then face planted towards the end due to episode number restraints. (It was still a decent ending considering Genndy only had so many episodes to work with)
  • Fanboy and Chum-Chum was actually a good show. There. I said it. Fite me.

Prototype and Infamous

I find it a great game but not superior to Infamous, mainly due to more memorable characters. I feel like it has a lot of wasted potential yet fandom fixes a lot of it so... However I really like the Second Son sequel. But I feel like Infamous is getting revised so many times too many times.

Undertale

This fandom is mistreated but at the same time it was the most overhyped game I've seen and one of the most toxic and large numbered lower denominator. Also I don't believe it should be that strong. I also don't think it's the greatest game of all time or even game of the year worthy. If anything it comes up preachy and you're forced to act a certain way to get what you want. Killing people is also forced with how you're forced to kill and kill. Hell Infamous and Prototype probably had killing desire down to pat.

Touhou

It doesn't deserve to be Tier 3 or 4. It's both wanked and downplayed at the same time ,hated and too loved at the same time. I don't mind male ships if you can make it work. Some fanworks are better than official works (Osana Reimu, MinusT's works, Jz Animation's, and more). Though I still think a majority of them takes out a lot of lower level tier characters

JJBA

I love it. But it's ******* overhyped. But I forgive it for memes.

AOT

I find this top manga material. Yes, it has flaws. But hey, opinions amirite? Also Eren's CD is one of the most well done things.

SAO

It's shit. But gets too much flak.

SAO Progressive

SAO's defining feature is that it's shit.

This isn't SAO anymore. They gave Kirito character, and focus to Asuna. This is... SAO done right.

Naruto

It's okay.

One Piece

I find it more enjoyable than Bleach.

Bleach

I actually like how it went close to the finale. Personally wished it was clearer but budget cuts.

Call of Duty

It's not bad.... but like Touhou it's disliked and liked too much in a way. Zombies mode is fun.

RWBY

It's just not the same without Monty. I think I'm one of the few who disliked it past few seasons after Vol 3, but I reached an equilibrium of hate and like. I also do not believe heavily on how aura works around here. It's still enjoyable, but it would not be right to claim it's a good series.

Code Geass and Death Note

Both are good and can exist side by side

DC

I like Batman more than Superman. I also liked Man of Steel. I don't think Justice League was that great, maybe a rewatch will help, and I prefer Goku over Superman. Though I barely like both anyway.

DBZ

Jiren should've whooped everyone's ass. Why is everyone getting power up- wait that's a popualr opinion.

League of Legends

I love the game. But don't play it.

Other cause I got lazy bolding

Mob Psycho is better than One Punch Man

Kengan Asura has better fights than One Punch Man

OPM is the savior of HERO anime, with MHA being its sidekick and rekindled many love for anime. And I frankly believe it at least did one thing that no other Anime did. Make people go out and actually work out, as a mainstream anime at least.

Kobayashi anime is better as an obscure series.

Dmc reboot has horrible characters but it's not shit tier and is a fun game. It's actually enjoyable.

Your Name truly is a good contender for Top Anime movie or Anime

Some classic big hits in the past are just not so big or great imo.

Senran Kagura isn't just fanservice

Rick and Morty is a smart series, but toxic casuals ruined it and does not deserve the extreme hate it does.

i don't like Pokemon

Uncharted is more charming to me than Tomb Raider and more interesting

Fairy Tail is both over hated and over hyped in a way.... Or mostly the former.

I think Black Clover being mocked is funny but false.

Akame ga Kill is not as edgy as people make it out to be and is really good

Seven Deadly Sins is actually getting to the level of HST

3D CGI in anime is actually pretty cool and I don't mind it too much. Ajinn, Inuyashiki, etc.

Ajinn is also > RWBY in fight animation rn

Kengan Asura > most fights right now

Might update, who knows.

• infinite multiverse is the laziest shit in fiction. The mere fact that, several verses get to be 2-A due to random lines of "infinite timelines/universe" is bs. Especially when if you remove those lines, they cap at like Low 2-C at best
  • Pokemon shouldn't be composite. There should be separate keys for anime, main games, side games, movies, manga
  • while I love Sailor Moon, every character who isn't Sailor Moon, is underused and under developed
  • sakura (naruto) haters are wack
  • kishimoto is great at concepts but can't execute them
  • dragon ball super has no business being at universe+ level. A galaxy to multi-galaxy range would have done wonders for the series

Unpopular Opinion Time.

Dragon Ball Edition:

• I would have rather had Frieza, Cell and Buu in the Tournament of Power than the humans
  • While annoying and not as cool as him, Kale and Caulifla are better written characters than Jiren.
  • Goku's not as bad of a father as people make him out to be.
  • Goku's a far better martial artist than most give him credit for.
  • I like both Heroic Funimation Goku and Semi-Antihero Japanese Goku.
  • Beerus and Zeno are evil.
Other Series:

• I loved Ashi but Season 5 would've been better without her. Too much time that should've been used tying ends that have been loose for over a decade was spent on her arc.
  • Batman is obnoxiously perfect and good at everything for a character whose whole schtick is supposed to be being human and more relatable than other superheroes.
  • Luigi's no longer an underdog. Waluigi is.
  • The only purpose Uzu had in Kill la Kill was to job to Nui.
  • Tatsumaki's the worst hero in One Punch Man.
  • People take kid's cartoons way too seriously.
  • One Piece girls aren't that pretty.
  • Rick Sanchez is incredibly obnoxious and not in an endearing or entertaining way.
  • Matt Damon's The Martian is a ******* garbage movie.
I await the hate :)

@Assalt I've seen many people say he's childish and naive and/or neutral. And for some reason a lot get especially defensive if you say Beerus is evil.

@Ryukama

Not an excuse for it. Also Beerus is absolutely evil. He wipes out a planet and acts like it isn't that bad because he only destroyed half the planet, even though he knows full well he just committed genocide over some grease.

@Assalt Totally agreed. Also Zeno could arguably be too childish, naive and stupid to know the gravity of his acts (arguably, I still think Zeno's evil). Beerus certainly is aware of what he's doing though.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Ryukama
Not an excuse for it. Also Beerus is absolutely evil. He wipes out a planet and acts like it isn't that bad because he only destroyed half the planet, even though he knows full well he just committed genocide over some grease.
Take it down a notch, or else the real flamers could come out. Different people have relatively different opinions, it is nothing new, and it's not changing anytime soon. Let's try not to derail this, it's a FnG thread for a reason

That's pretty much the case for Zeno, his responce/reaction to universe 9 getting deleted kinda sums it up nicely. While the supreme kai's screaming Zeno's name for mercy, Zeno just replies to him with a simple "yes?", not to be spiteful or snarky, but because he didn't know why he'd be shouting out for him if not just to get his attention. So yes, he's naive to an unholy degree, but naive none the less.

• Ryuko is likely Moon Level
  • Frieza and Cell aren't any more complex than Majin Buu as a Villain
  • Majin Buu and Cell have far better reasons to be Villains than both Goku black and Frieza
  • Raditz is a better character than Jiren
  • SOAP is still the best character in COD
  • Lightfang is probably light speed but will never be accepted due to the databooks bad reputation despite most of "flaws and hyperboles" being bad translations
  • Until I'm super rich and i can create whatever gadget I want and i happen to have a sad backstory that will drive me to seek justice, i will never ever in any circumstance find Batman relatable, in fact, i find most shounen cliche heroes to be far more relatable

@Shadow

i'd still say Freeza is slightly more complex then Majin Boo because they became evil out of free will and choice rather then merely being the embodiment of pure evil

Shadowbokunohero said:
  • Until I'm super rich and i can create whatever gadget I want and i happen to have a sad backstory that will drive me to seek justice, i will never ever in any circumstance find Batman relatable
Don't forget being simultaneously one of the strongest, fastest, most endurant and most intelligent (in countless unrelated fields at that) men to even walk on the planet.

Frieza is evil for the sake of being Evil XD, Majin Buu was designed to be evil and became more evil thanks to absorbing the bad qualities of Mankind

• Batman being relatble is something fanboys made up to justify ╠ÂB╠Âa╠Ât╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âa╠Âk╠ ╠Âa╠Âf╠ not having superpowers OvO

Here's an another unpopular opinon.

"Fate always making sure Archie Sonic wins" was a metaphorical statement that shouldn't be taken so seriously.

• How is Zeno evil and not Beerus? Beerus has commited mass genocide over even more trivial things than Zeno has, and Beerus doesn't have the excuse of being a naive child who may not fully be aware of his actions. Reminder that someone doesn't have to be a complete monster to be evil. Beerus may have some good traits but that doesn't make him a good person overall.
  • Luigi's been in most classic Mario titles, had several games for himself, had an entire year dedicated to him and the majority of the community agrees he's better than Mario himself. Waluigi hasn't even appeared in a non-spinoff Mario game.

BOKU NO PICO IS SEVERELY UNDERRATED AND IS THE BEST ANIME OF 2018, ALL WHO DARE SAYS ANYTHING BAD ABOUT IT ARE HARDCORE HATERS. GREAT STORY, GREAT ACTION, GREAT PLOT. ITS A 10/10 AND YOU KNOW IT

Okay I'm done joking.

1. Ultra Instinct is OP in speed equalized fights. No response lag, auto-dodge (advanced precognition Basically), 100% mental focus on other things, seriously there's no downside for UI in speed equalized fights.

2. Zamasu had a point. If all mortals are like us humans, then most of the universe are full of dicks. Like, the salty internet troll one.

3. Hawaiian Pizza is DISGUSTING!

that is all.

• Beerus is only subjectively evil because of his occupation and the situations he finds himself in.
  • I meant to agree with you on Waluigi being an underdog, but that doesn't change that Luigi is still an underdog. I'm not sure if he can ever redeem getting defeated by Mario in the manga while Mario was asleep.

Akreious said:
BOKU NO PICO IS SEVERELY UNDERRATED AND IS THE BEST ANIME OF 2018, ALL WHO DARE SAYS ANYTHING BAD ABOUT IT ARE HARDCORE HATERS. GREAT STORY, GREAT ACTION, GREAT PLOT. ITS A 10/10 AND YOU KNOW IT
Whoa dude. Best anime of 2018? How can you say that in the same year that we're getting the Elliot Rodger anime?

Some people just have no tatse.

• What like Beerus being butthurt that he didn't eat a pudding cup or that his plate was too greasy so he kills billions of innocent children as a result? Those kinds of situations? Beerus doesn't even care about his occupation given how much he sleeps, how lazy Whis called him and how he contributed to U7 being rated so low. Most of his killing are for the pettiest of reasons. Nearly anyone who no one would deny being evil has better motivations for their acts than him.
  • Luigi is way too popular and has gotten way too good treatment, especially recently, to really be an underdog. Of course he's in the shadow of the most iconic video game character of all time. Everyone is. That doesn't make Luigi underappreciated. Especially when the majority of the fanbase now likes him more than Mario.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
* Beerus is only subjectively evil because of his occupation and the situations he finds himself in.
The dude nuked a planet because their food wasn't up to his standards, there isn't much subjectivity in that act.

Assaltwaffle said:
I'll add to the Dragon Ball opinions.
  • Goku is not a hero

An unpopular opinion of a series that the creator of said series holds lol

Explain why he isn't, i will not try debunk them (unless the reasoning is totally false, like the opposite of what's happened), just wanna know.

Back on topic~

• Bondrewd did nothing wrong, it was all for the sake of scientific progress! Besides, no one's gonna miss those kids :^)
  • The original FMA anime had a far better ending
  • Rave Master was just as bad, if not worse than Fairy Tail

Fhfhghghg said:
Explain why he isn't, i will not try debunk them, just wanna know.
He puts himself above all others. His desire to fight comes first, above all his friends and family's lives. He refused to kill Kid Buu even when he could, he threw Cell a Sensu Bean, and disrespects a being that he has been told numerous times could destroy everything, all to sate his lust for battle.

He is completely neutral to the annihilation of trillions via the Tournament of Power. Neigh, not just neutral, but happy about. He is joyful that he gets to fight strong people, rather than dismayed that every living being in all those universes won't just be killed, but will be ERASED. He had the opportunity to feed Bergamo enough energy for Bergamo to one-shot him or throw the match convincingly, but instead he went as hard as possible to win his fight, despite this action condemning the lives of trillions. Him getting somewhat serious in the middle of the tournament (temporarily, I may add) does not excuse this.

Goku's lust for power is everything to him. Everything else is secondary, and that makes him neutral AT BEST.

Edit: @Ryukama

Maybe, but a lot of his fans disagree with him.

Fhfhghghg said:
Ok, just the first part, he notes that not killing Buu was bad, then tries to take out Kid Buu as quick as possible, and this wasn't due to selfishness, he actually wanted the younger generation to have a chance.
Still not something you should ever do. When the entire planet is on the line, you don't wait around and let others have some glory. You take out the threat. Immediately.

@Ryu

• Good point.
  • And eh, I don't really like Luigi. XD I mentioned earlier in the thread that I like Mario more. Let's also not forget that Luigi is like the cosmic evil, the manifestation of hatred at his highest state on the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back