• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a REALLY unpopular opinion:

Destiny and Destiny 2 are good games, especially as MMO shooters for console.

And I believe this wholeheartedly lol. I don't think they are the best FPS games out there, but they certainly aren't the absolute worst that many people think they are.

Well, let me get real here for a sec:

• I unironically think inFamous 2 is a better game than Second Son, I just really disliked SS's lack of side missions (especially the Karma Missions) and UGC, which is what made inF2 so replayable.
  • Kasumi Kenshiro is a better character in comparison to Kenshiro
  • Black Clover isn't necessarily bad, it's just criminally unoriginal.
  • Invincible is a good comic book series, but it's definitely overrated.
  • The Zombies storyline and lore is the only good thing to come out of the CoD franchise in a long time
  • Having a bad fan base doesn't make something bad
  • A cold glass of milk > any other beverage, including water, don't @ me

I have too, but they're painfully rare.

And they're ultimately the same people who say Cole shows no emotion other then Anger and Sadness.

Eh, it's just that when I look back at it, I probably could've done better

I'm actually considering doing another one on Evil Cole

The real cal howard said:
To add to that, 90s anime as a whole was astronomically better than 2000s/2010s anime as a whole.
A number of my favorite anime series coming from the 2001-2007 period of anime releases, but for my own reasons, I can agree with this statement.

I could make an absolutely monolithic wall of text out of my own criticisms of the medium and the direction it's headed in, to be perfectly honest.

On Comicvine, maybe. 90% of the other places I've been are full of people who don't even know what Invincible is.
I've seen it praised as a masterpiece on a few sites

My turn:

Sailro Moon:

- Sailor Moon story in both anime & manga are respectable at best.

- Idea of Four Generals romance with Inner Senshi is stupid and cringey

Madoka Magica:

- Show ain't that dark.

- Never found Madoka's crying and angst pathetic or annoying.

- Mami is worst magical girl (fite m3 Kal)

- Homura is overated

Touhou Project:

- 2hu is just as muched wanked as DBZ

- Would be better other than a Danmaku shooter.

When They Cry + Other Ryukishi:

-
Never cared for the mystery of Umineko, thought it was more interesting as a supernatural--meta-fantasy.

- Keichii is more likeable hero than Battler.

Earthbound/Mother:

- Other than Giygas, found the rest of Earthbound/Mother 2 dull and uninspired game.

- Mother 1 had better storyline, characters, and music than Earthbound.

- Prefer the "title" Earthbound Zero over Earthbound Begginings.

Pokemon:

- Charizard and Mewtwo are both overated pieces of ****.
Eri b11 akuwarai1
Simply by Scarlet's rant, this level of reasoning is possible for Erika Furudo. Well, what do you think, everyone~?

I could list at least a hundred different opinions that I have, but I'm too lazy.

So I'll just leave an unpopular opinion of mine that means the most to me:

"Breath of the Wild is an unenjoyable mess of a game, and made me question why I love or ever loved the Zelda franchise in the first place."

Pls dun hate ;-;

• Not generally a fan of visual novels, with some exceptions
  • Only Cthulhu Mythos and Dark Tower have believable or interesting 1-A's
  • Goku vs Beerus being Universal is an outlier
  • Everyone insta-scaling to Universal is also kinda lazy and is only done to appease the hard core fans
  • Dragon Ball's multiverses are only Type I multiverses (Apart from timelines) and should only be High 3-A
  • Zen'o should be At least Low 2-C
  • Star Trek > Star Wars
  • I outgrew Pokemon as a kid
  • When comic books BOLD TEXT a point they're trying to get across, I cringe a little.
  • Demonbane is terribly written
  • Undertale is a ripoff of Earthbound with Touhou/NES elements
  • Modern cartoons are all trite and obnoxious
  • Omnipotence can't exist in fiction
  • Suggs' stuff is lucky if it gets up to High 1-B
  • Almost all modern media is trite and rehashed ideas
  • Dark Souls is uninteresting apart from the gameplay, which admittedly is fantastic. I'm looking at you, lore.
  • English accents as a flourish in games/media in general make me cringe

If you get all upset and stuffs, just remember that this is the F&G board ;-;

Yeah speaking of modern cartoons I don't see why they have to have continuous story lines in order to be good. Shows like Rick & Morty or Phineas and Ferb tell a complete story in one episode, but they also reference past episodes later on to show continuity. That I don't mind. But shows like SU, AT, etc. seem to borrow way too much from anime-- in how they tell the story, how the characters are designed, how the fighting goes, etc.

Nothing against anime, as I said I have enjoyed several myself, and a little borrowing here and there isn't obnoxious but I like when anime does its own thing and Western animation does its own different thing.

Starryknight200 said:
Clearly you've not met me ovo
I adamantly dislike PMMM.

I'm actually well aware of who u r and your detest for PMMM 0v0

Though we haven't spoke to each other directly before, greetings ~ ƒÖç

I got some. The grand priest isnt evil. The original dragon ball had one of the best openings in the whole series

Vs battle wiki isnt as bad as people say it is.

Touhou has good art and visuals

Most animes are really just fanservice and use shit trends to make the show look relevant nowadays.

"Moe" is complete cringe

The touhou verse isnt really that powerful. (Doesnt go past multi universal imo)

Asriel>sans

Dragon ball isnt as overrated as people think it is.

Doki doki literature club was VERY overrated and not that good.

Shin godzilla isnt weak at all.

Aeyu said:
* Only Cthulhu Mythos and Dark Tower have believable or interesting 1-A's
Part of me wants to agree with this one.

However, I personally think DC Comics/Vertigo's high-end cosmics are genuinely intriguing in their own ways. They're not anywhere near as shrouded in mystery as the H.P. Lovecraft/Stephen King deities, but many of them do show some real deviation from the typical "Biblical angel/god" moulds that other works follow.

All the other 1-As I know of are ridiculously "meh" to me, though.

People should stop to compare Undertale,LISA,OFF and DDLC.Its annoying and just a excuse to bash another game.

@King

They're cool, but it's hard to relate to them on that level of power. It's just a narrative problem more than anything else; I'm awfully picky when it comes time to describe realms beyond our imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back