• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

While I'm not against the idea of this thread, it might be good to not just make a profile for all of these abilities. We aren't Superpower Wiki after all, a bunch of the "ideas" ones aren't really needed:

-"Fake Bodies" could easily be under limited Duplication

-Body Control is already Self-Body Control, and these sub-abilities aren't worthy of being abilities on their own.

-Camouflage can be a number of things depending on how it's done. But more often than not, it's not an ability.

-Extreme Survability is vague by itself and the two others sub-abilities aren't worth individual profiles.

-Time Slow/Acceleration are just applications of time manip. Time Stop just gets its own profile since its so common on its own.

-Exorcism is way too vague for a single ability and doesn't actually tell us what happens

Honestly I would have been against Gylph Creation (Specific ability for a much wider thing) and Weapon Creation (Really just a sub-ability of Creation)

It's just my two cents on this however,

While Extreme Survivability could be worded better, I do think it is the most worthy one out of the list to get a page. It would be useful for noting characters that can survive the vacuum of space.

Power Wiki has a page specifically for Physiology based on specifically having the physiology of four animals from a certain religion. I don't really think that's comparable.

We still don't need to cover every sub-abilities listed here or things that are just skills or too specific.

My issue is that making a thread specifically requesting for abilities "encourages" the mass-production of abilities profile without much debate put into whether or not it's needed.

Robotic Physiology. This is one I've wanted for a while. There would be a few types.

Type 1 (True Robot): This a is a robot who, at least phyiscally, is a pure robot. This means their immune to all forms of Mind, Death and Soul Maniupulation and have Type 1 and (at least minor) 2 immortality by default. Hacking prevention and rust protection may vary.

Examples: Mega Man (Classic), Astro Boy, Jenny Wakema

Type 2 (Hive Mind): This is a type of robot who can control a vast number of other robots and technology, be it having a direct link to it or via a virus. Stronger versions of this will even allow the user to jump into other robots under their control.

Examples: Ultron (Marvel Comics), Sigma (Mega Man), Skynet (Terminator)

Type 3 (Soulful Machine): These are Robots that, despite not being living things, have souls and/or minds. They may still have the other quirks of a regular robot like immortality or immunity to Death Manipulation, but are vunerable to attacks on the Mind and/or Soul.

Examples: Mega Man X, The Destroyer (Marvel Comics)

Probably could be more types, but this is a start.

Yeah but the fact that abilities are actually being made from this means that whether or not it's official doesn't really matter.

It's just that adding a new ability is a relatively big change, so I think that discussions about including one should go beyond just this one, as you say, "unofficial" thread.

That coul be applied to any non-living/biological being, really, like "living" statues and objects.

I think I agree with Saikou. Creating so many power profiles would only increase the amount of work people would have to do, and it's not really necessary when we can just explain a certain subset on the general ability's page.

I think adding more power profiles can be beneficial and convenient to have, but we need to be careful not to exaggerate and create unnecessary ones that don't get used.

While I agree that subsets of powers are generally unnecessary, there are still some useful abilities that could do with having pages created.

@Newindigo

I can't name a whole lot...but a big example is Bleach...I think...(I'm not very knowledgeable on bleach...but I'm almost certain that someone in Bleach can steal bankai and Shikai)

Lesser known examples include:

Satou (Death March) who can store physical projectiles inside of his storage..so..it's spacial manipulation but it also grants him access to his opponent's projectile.

Satou Kazuma (Kono Suba), who can remotely steal opponent's items.

And Medea (Rising of the sheild hero), who steals weapons and owns them conceptually.

Edit: Maybe item steal...instead?

Perphaps, it could be just a sub-category for Power Mimicry or Power Absorption, but with weapons...?

AFAIK, we even consider the abilitie to copy/steal your opponent fighting style as Power Mimicry/Absorption, so maybe...

Regardless, the ability is not enough wider to be created.

I don't think all showings of item steal need to be a special ability (Even though that's what's in my examples)...as long as it's something they've been abe to do consistently I don't see a problem with it...same with how a lot of power mimicry isn't actually a "Super Power" and is more a natural skill.

This is a nice thread.

Funny, I was coming over here to ask for something I kinda need for a..... specific sister site verse, but, Body Puppeteering was kinda what I was looking for.

Consider this an overdramatic push of the "follow" button

I think we should have a page for Shockwave Manipulation.

Like, not for every character that has ever produced a shockwave, but characters who specifically weaponize the shockwaves they produce.

I can already think of five different characters who do this.

Hmm I see. That might require a conversational big thread since that would be a massive change / could be considered redundant.

Yeah, Shockwaves feel like they probably should get their own page instead of getting looped into Air Manipulation.

Speaking of Sub Powers that should be powers, Time Dilation should be in there. Raiden (Metal Gear), Lone Wanderer and Cole MacGrath have this power, but it's treated like Time Manipulation when... It isn't actually manipulating time, just how you see it. Here'll be what I think it should look like.

Summary
Time Dilation is the ability to slow the user's perception of time. Unlike Time Manipulation, it does not actually maniplate time, rather, merely how fast the user perceives it.

Applications

• Enhancing Reaction time in order to be able to respond to threats that would otherwise blitz the user
  • (I'm sure y'all can come up with more, because I can't)
Limitations

• Does not enhance the speed a user can move at, so if they cannot move fast enough to react to something, this ability will be rendered useless.
  • (Come on gang)
Users

Sounds like that and excorcism can go hand and hand, maybe in holy manip? @Phoenix

@dmua isn't that essentially stat amp for perception speed?

SomebodyData said:
@dmua isn't that essentially stat amp for perception speed?
It kinda is, but it's a popular enough power across I feel it should have it's own specific page.

Isn't the Batter more taking orders then having control of his body forcibly taken from him?

I'm...not actually sure to be honest, I am have only seen earlier parts of the game. Though the batter was described as a puppet.

What about Amphibian Physiology (being able to breathe underwater and outside the water) and Self Sustenance (doesn't need oxygen, food nor rest)?

Back