• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

We already have Spin Dash as an ability (for some reason), but it's restricted to people who can curve themselves into a ball, like Sonic.

If we could make it even for people able to do Tornado-Like moves (Spinjitzu Masters, and Crash Bandicoot for example, it would be a bit better.

DMB 1 said:
We already have Spin Dash as an ability (for some reason), but it's restricted to people who can curve themselves into a ball, like Sonic.

If we could make it even for people able to do Tornado-Like moves (Spinjitzu Masters, and Crash Bandicoot for example, it would be a bit better.
Actually not a bad plan

Can someone make that Extreme Survivability or whatever we're calling being able to survive underwater, in space, at high altitudes, etc page in the near future?

I've an idea about a new abilities called Higher Dimensional Power:

Higher Dimensional Power

Higher dimensional power 2

Higher Dimensional power designate a characters who has higher dimensional power or ability like Transcend Space Time, have 5D (or higher) Abilites but the character still exist in a lower Dimension like 3D characters. This abilitiy can grant the user to use the power of a being much powerful in a dimensional scale and have a serious advantage against a characters who have the same Dimensional scale than him. not to be confused with Higher dimensional characters who have already Higher dimensional power due to their existence and Conceptual Manipulation

Possible Use

• Negate every abilities the opponent have due to don't have the power to interact to higher dimensional powers
  • Ignoring Resistance in a lower scale than the Higher dimensional power you use
User

Well, i need a better picture and help for explanation and Users

Sorry for the delay, but here is a currently very rough draft for environmental survivability. Any examples for the latter type?

Summary
Environmental Survivability is the ability to survive environments that generally lack the necessary components to live. For humans in particular, these necessary components could include oxygen or a stable temperature.

Types
1: Breathing without air: The capability to live in places without conventional access to oxygen, such as the sea or in space. A limited version of this would be being able to live off of short amounts of oxygen. It should be noted that breathing without air entirely, such as in space, is superior to breathing without conventional access to air in the ocean.

2: Temperature Resistance: The ability to endure extreme heat or cold without necessary having a resistance to Fire Manipulation and Ice Manipulation as well. They generally are not extensively affected by the temperatures, but lower incarnations of this ability can have limits to how much they can resist in a given time period.

Type 3: Resource Deprivation: Beings with this kind of ability can go without resources such as food or water for longer periods of time than most, if not lack the necessity entirely. Some limited forms of this type rely on other substances instead.

Shinigami (Death Note) don't have to eat or drink (though they can for pleasure).

Superman can sustain himself off of the Yellow Sun I believe which would fit.

Android 17 and 18 are powered by infinite energy reserves allowing them to go on without food, water or sleep.

Now that I think about it...aren't the featured abilities a bit too distinct from one another to be grouped together as the same power?

Is there also any other types that might seem useful here?

@Damage Thanks

@Andy possibly, it is basically a miscellous abilities page, with the theme regarding survival traits. Most of the traits alone wouldn't get a page, but this way we can still note them (As the can actually be useful in combat at times) Then again, we have the immortalities page which is... well nearly completely different from type to type.

@SD Breathing without air and Lacking the need for nutrition both seem notable and common enough for a page to me.

Temperature resistance just seems like a variant of Heat Manipulation resistance.

@Dargoo I think there has been talk of deleting those kind of profiles, but sure, I'll check over it too

@Andy Okay, I'll split what I've gathered and make two pages.

But regarding temperature resistance: Its also Cold Manipulation resistance which we don't have a page for, but I guess synthesizing the resistances isn't needed.

WHy not something like Re-Composition or Re-Assemblation?

It would differ from Regenerationn because for regen, if you lose an arm, you'd be able to grow another one, but for recompostion, you'd be simply able to re-attach the lost arm to your body.

Andytrenom said:
@DMB It's still regen, just of a lower degree.
I agree with Andytrenom. In the Regenerationn page, it is rated as High-Low.

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage, and even potentially reattach lost limbs. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some interior damage, along with some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.

Not sure what this would be called, but you know how in some anime somebody would slam the ground and then pillars would come out of the ground like this
Pancham
?
It's kind of bad but it was the best I could find.

Should we have a page for effects that increase oncoming damage? I know of a ''lot'' of verses that have something like this.

No, not that. Like stuff that a target under its effects suffers more damage from stuff, damage boost would be amping the user.

@DM which ability?

@Nedge it doesn't have to be stones, that was just one example. It could be flames, ice, water, metal, anything.

Ice users do stuff like that all the time, for instance, I've seen it done through AP with no further explanation (lol), then you get weird verses like Destiny where high level law manip and reality warping is used to erect walls and pillars. It's not really a power itself, just something people do with their own.

There are a few upsides, such as not being reflectable back at the opponent, and hitting them from below rather than from the sides.

Infinitesimal Reduction: The ability to infinitely reduce a character or thing

Cross-Spatial Multi-Targeting: an attack that hits multiple targets simultatenously in different spaces

Back