• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

@Andytrenom I think the name is cool enough for now.

@Jordan I guess that could work, but that may also sound similar to Earth Manipulation in terms of the ability. We could just say platforms techically count as glyph creation.

Negation is something like Miracle Eye which negates them and could have some other person use their abilities on them freely, while piercing inherently ignores them

What about something like Enhanced Lung Capacity,for people like Goku who can't breath in space but they can clearly somewhat survive somewhere like the exosphere (Goku vs Beerus).

I think that could be an extreme survivability subset ability @Sigurd

There's also voodoo and the ability to control a weapon(s) without touching it. The latter currently tends to be deemed "Limited Telekinesis" but it's extremely common, to the point where I think coming up with a separate ability is justifiable.

Or maybe making up an ability just because a lot of characters have it when there's already something pretty similar is a silly idea.

btw, speaking of subsets. Doesn't fear manipulation count as a subset of mind or emphatic manipulation since it's affecting one of your emotions?

So Enhanced Survivability? Also would Parkour be usable? I also suggest assimilation, basically when you transform someone into the species of the user or the species thaqt serves the user (So like what Daleks, Borg and Steppenwolf use)

I think this is as good a thread as any to say that I personally think we should merge stat amp and stat reduction on one page and make it statistics manipulation...we can also add additional stuff for that...

I tried coming up with a summary for Adhesivity, how does it sound?

"The ability to adhere oneself to walls and other surfaces without falling off from the pull of gravity is called Adhesivity. Users of this ability often create strong attractive forces between parts of themselves and highly steep surfaces such that their entire body weight is supported for an extended period of time. Some users of this ability however employ other techniques than the one mentioned above (for example using a special form of spiked footwear) but ultimately achieve the same effect for a comparable period of time. On top of its utility in combat situations, this skill is also extremely useful for infiltration, rescue or exploration as the ability to cling to any surface gives a wide variety of avenues to navigate such challenges through."

You should preferably inform Reppuza about this thread, and also only create new powers and abilities pages that are not unnecessary, due to already being included as versions of the preexisting options.

@Arrog I mean, voodoo is basically magic and limited telekensis is well, limited telekensis.

@hellbeast Assimilation, I know multiple verses that have that but fall under absorption, it may be hard seperating the two. Parkour is a skill not ability

@Glass yes

@Yung that seems highly wankable and NLFly, I think stats amp and reduct should stay the same

@Andytrenom, noice. Sounds pretty good

@Antvasima will do.

@SomebodyData

Wankable and NLFish?....literallly all I said is that we should merge the two pages like every other ability..time...mind...and others, because there's no need to have two seperate pages for abilities that are so similar.

As Far as Wank and NLF....the higher tier of Stat Manipulation ...I can't even think of a character who would have it.

I don't see how it's wank or NLF.

@Yung The thing is, the other abilities have multiple subsets, stats amp and red are just 2, which kinda just makes it really redundant. As for the wankable and nlfish part, basically its because the name / nature of the ability youre proposing, generally "manipulation" allows a more complete control while generally these are only sizable debuffs and amps.

How about:

A power capable of controlling other people/their action remotely, with or without their consent?

Crystal manipulation (the usages are various, but since it's very common, I say we need it).

Or, well... Thunder McQuee's power.

What about something like Senses Manipulation where you can control stuff like touch, smell, etc...

Saint Seiya characters for example can shut down the 5 senses with their Cosmos.

Oh shit right, forgot Perception Manipulation was a thing. Now I feel stupid.

That's what I get for commenting something when I've only just woken up.

Our page says it's for turning an opponent's abilities against them, but I don't think that's what Damage Reflection is. Just think about Hoffnung or an application of The Balance from Bleach.

@DMB

Body Puppetry?

Well that could be considered a subset of Earth Manipulation (basically we could just expand upon Earth Manipulation instead of making a new page)

@Yobo I'm not sure.

@Glassman I think Burning is talking about something similar to what the Ruins Test does

Do we already have something along the lines of Higher Dimensional physiology/existence? I originally thought that Abstract Existence already covered that, but the page for it only covers embodying concepts and being able to regenerate as long as said concept exists.

Infinite Zamasu for example is a higher dimensional being but doesn't embody any concepts like the Marvel abstracts do.

Well abstract existance is a bit more than just concepts, but a higher dimensional physiology is a pretty good idea, we could also use it to help seperate 3d beings with 4d power from 4d beings.

I'll try and explain the difference between resistance piercing and negation better.

Negation is the when a person negates someone's resistance to one or multiple abilities and is free to then use normal abilities on them, like Mewtwo's Miracle Eye

Piercing is when abilities already ignore resistances, like Lightning of God

So I just roughed this together in a few minutes. I have no idea if what I've wrote is correct or not since I'm admittedly not too familiar with higher dimensional stuff beyond very basic stuff, but hopefully I haven't completely missed the mark.

Higher Dimensional Physiology refers to the ability to exist as a 4-dimensional to infinite-dimensional being. Those with this ability are not just 3-dimensional beings that have higher dimensional power or abilities, instead every aspect of their existence is inherently higher dimensional. Due to the nature of their existence higher dimensional beings are generally unaffected by anything below their dimensional level, for example a 4-dimensional being would be immune to physical attacks or abilities like Mind or Soul Manipulation on a 3-dimensional level regardless of how potent said abilities may be, but do not inherently resist attacks or abilities that function on a 4-dimensional level or higher without feats of doing so.

Back