• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

Yobobojojo said:
Piercing is when abilities already ignore resistances, like Lightning of God
Or just... Any Piercing skill form SMT (Pierce Phys, Pierce Fire, Pierce Force, etcetera).

Yobobojojo said:
I'll try and explain the difference between resistance piercing and negation better.

Negation is the when a person negates someone's resistance to one or multiple abilities and is free to then use normal abilities on them, like Mewtwo's Miracle Eye

Piercing is when abilities already ignore resistances, like Lightning of God

Or just... Any Piercing skill form SMT (Pierce Phys, Pierce Fire, Pierce Force, etcetera).

Yeah, but it's better to have a more obvious ability listed

@Yobo

Honestly, the whole "resistance piercing" concept feels like making distinctions for the sake of making distinctions. The end result is the same as Resistance Negation.

Body Puppetry would go for things like Bloodbending I guess. I can see that working.

I'll try to expand on Body Control when I have time (exams are coming up woohoo).

@Yobo

There are distinctions for those examples though.

Berserk Mode means you go into a berserker rage in which you're totally uncontrollable.

Rage Power means that you get stronger than angrier you get, which does not necessarily mean becoming a berserker (i.e. Natsu Dragneel and his Flame of Emotion).

Absorption is a broad term referring to the absorption of anything.

Power Absorption is explicitly stealing others' powers and abilities.

The end result isn't exactly the same. A guy with a resistance piercing skill would only be able to bypass resistance with that one specific skill. A guy who can negate resistance can get through with anything and also allow others with no resistance bypassing ability of their own.

What about "Battlefield Control" or something?

It would be the ability to basically shape the environment during a battle to the user's advantage, generally, thanks to some form of Creation limited Reality Warping. Some examples are creating crystals or structures capable of making the user gain energy, areas that the user can use to strike the opponent with natural attacks like lightings, creating barriers in the area, having some effects like "everyone who does this thing gets burned to death" or something like that, without the user controlling the field, but the latter does it automatically.

It varies a lot, but I've seen it a ton of times in fiction.

Law Manipulation mostly applies to already existing areas or places that the user has and controls, but can't just spawn out of nowhere.

No. Law manipulation is exactly that, manipulating or creating laws. Pretty sure its page also says that the user can create laws.

And places? Law manip is not inherently affected by places, and creating them shouldnt affect it unless in-verse restrictions

I'd be ok with Corruption or something analogous, think Destiny's Taken or Metroid's Phazon or Hollow Knight's whatever The Radiance does.

Dust Collector said:
So I just roughed this together in a few minutes. I have no idea if what I've wrote is correct or not since I'm admittedly not too familiar with higher dimensional stuff beyond very basic stuff, but hopefully I haven't completely missed the mark.

Higher Dimensional Physiology refers to the ability to exist as a 4-dimensional to infinite-dimensional being. Those with this ability are not just 3-dimensional beings that have higher dimensional power or abilities, instead every aspect of their existence is inherently higher dimensional. Due to the nature of their existence higher dimensional beings are generally unaffected by anything below their dimensional level, for example a 4-dimensional being would be immune to physical attacks or abilities like Mind or Soul Manipulation on a 3-dimensional level regardless of how potent said abilities may be, but do not inherently resist attacks or abilities that function on a 4-dimensional level or higher without feats of doing so.
What about this?

Would "extreme survivability" include things like being able to store large amounts of extra food or water in your body like a camel, or just not needing any food or water in general (or any fuel/charging in the case of machines).

Another good ability to have would be "hive mind".

It would mean all beings in a group share thoughts, and could apply to species, clones, mind controlled groups, etc. This could lead to: increased cognitive ability, efficient group task management, bodyhopping immortality, and other things. Some downsides can include: shared pain, the existence of "queens" or "kings" that have to live to maintain the group, lowered individual cognitive function, or danger if individuals of the group gain free will.

@Blah yes

Yes, that too

@Dust yes as well, do you want me to make it?

@Everyone I'm first going to finish Body Puppetry (btw does anyone have any example characters?), then to the rest of the abilities

Basically just mind manip without affecting the mind, instead affecting the body.

I'm basically done, but do you guys think a video could be a good representation for the ability rather than an image?

Yes, but I can't think of any gifs of body puppetry, they usually require context (otherwise it just looks weird)

Puppeteering_2011.png

Well that's super literal, thanks tho. I'll be using it when I publish the profile later today.

Back