• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread (There is a continuation)

I don't know about amphibian physiology but breathing underwater is definitely a common enough power.

I think it should be it's own thing as ''Oxygen Independence''

Eh, I don't feel like specific species physiology are needed as powers, you can just, give them the powers of that species

I think Extreme Survivability should be renamed as Environmental Survivability.

well, it will always be important to explain it's applications.

Crazylatin77 said:
And Pain Tolerance? That's a common enough power, right?
I'd say so (Though they should point out it's not the same as crazy durabiluty but ignoring brutal injuries)

Also might I suggest Iron Will as a new power?

Pain Tolerance and Iron Will don't really seem like powers and seem kinda unnecessary as pages.

@Everyone I'll start working on an "Enviromental Survivability" draft. @Saikou do you have anything against that?

I guess? If other staff are also okay with it, then sure. Just wanna make sure we know the line between necessary and not.

Carbon manipulation: Ability to construct and manipulate the element of carbon to construct armor, weaponry or control the atoms of carbon to create other things, for example making a branch of wood into diamond

Although, if pain tolerance gets accepted how do we decide who qualifies for the ability and who doesn't?

And Izuku Midoriya for Shockwave Manipulation.

As for pain tolerance, I think it would have to be deliberately lampshaded that the character is experiencing huge quantities of pain and is acting normally, or they are incapable of feeling the sensation of pain.

Carbon manip seems too specific. Just list a limitation under matter manip that it only works on carbon.

Ok so I just found this and need to go to bed so I haven't fully read the whole thread so sorry if I'm just repeating things that have been suggested, but I just had to get these out.

Aether Manipulation - In reference to the classical element. Also spelled Ether sometimes. Gunnerkrigg Court uses it heavily and I've seen it mentioned in other verses form time to time. It's use and definetion can vary depending on the verse.

General Puppetry - It can be used to describe characters who have a limited, sometimes telekinetic, control over small objects and weapons. It can also be used for actual Puppet Masters.

Anyway, hope this helps and sorry if I just repeated some ideas.

Just remembered of another one. What about Egg Creation/Projection? Even if no one ends up making this page, I feel like there should be at least a category for Egg Users.

Hmm sounds okay I guess (For real tho I can ony think of it applying to Yoshi tho.)

While I'm here might I suggest Gas Manipulation?

Stealth Mastery, Martial Arts, and Weapon Mastery are all powers pages.

I don't think its impossible non-supernatural Seduction could be one.

If supernatural then it's empathic manipulation.

If not supernatural seduction is charismatic persuasion (morality manipulation)

Back