• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Addition of "Multiple Arms" for Powers and Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aight so despite jumping the gun on making this page, heres why we should include this power

Relevant Supernatural ability that provides several definining character advantages such as added strength, extra physical prowess and high body co-ordination
Many characters iconic to their extra arms, would be a relevant category for grouping these characters together
Simplicity, wouldn't be that hard to label on characters as other powers
Further shorten the idea of "Body Control" on this wiki, which is a broader term as is.

Note this wouldnt be included under Bodily weaponry as Multiple arms only bear fists, which we dont count as bodily weaponry since its the standard thing every character with hands can do.
There are also characters who naturally have multiple arms rather than being able to grow them under a Body Control ability.

Possibilities:
- Though i dont personally think its necessarily, we could label this power with Types, for characters who naturally have this ability (Four Arms from Ben 10, Various Hindu God based characters) compared to characters who are reliant on an external force (Nico Robin from OP, Ermes Costello from JJBA)

Thank you and please consider.

Last edited:
Sure.

However, there are two things I disagree with;
the ability to grow and retract arms at a whim
This sounds too much like body control, so should probably be reworded or removed.
This is usually shown to give characters increased overall strength, more potent melee advantage and enhanced co-ordination of their body
This isn't necessarily true. For some characters, yes, however, not for all. I can think of a few cases when an extra limb didn't enhance them in any way at all, most notably, Fakir from from Valiant. So the part about increasing strength and more potent melee should be removed. As it's not the same for everyone with this ability.

This sounds too much like body control, so should probably be reworded or removed.

Body Control is still immensely broad, and if the characters can retract arms exclusively or within a thin category, like Nico Robin or Asura and isnt part of random bodily shapeshifting abilities, it should still count. If the character is shown to be able to process handling multiple arms and uses this in the form of combat, then i dont see how they wouldnt still apply.
Multiple Arms nonetheless would be an application, and should be fine.
This isn't necessarily true. For some characters, yes, however, not for all. I can think of a few cases when an extra limb didn't enhance them in any way at all, most notably, Fakir from from Valiant. So the part about increasing strength and more potent melee should be removed. As it's not the same for everyone with this ability.
This is why i included 'usually'. Because characters with 6 arms are usually depicted as physically strong, and technically would be extra limbs to project force into nonetheless. Its just a common trope of the power, it doesnt apply to all of them, as others use it for more technical reasons.
Its just an example for how Multiple Arms can be useful as a power in a matchup

Last edited:
It makes sense, but I feel it could be renamed to Multiple Limbs or something similar to include characters who have multiple legs, tentacles or any appendice that could be considered a limb.

Also, I think the point where it separates from Body Control is whether or not the character has them naturally. Stitch has four arms, of which two are concealed, but they are always there in his body. Instead, Nico Robin uses the power or her Devil Fruit to grow them. This is where I'd mark the border.

Multiple Limbs was what i was orignally going for, but people brought up the point that it would be confusing on what we consider as 'Multiple Limbs' depending on species of creature, while arms was generally more separative to anthropomorphic characters. Such as whether we give a spider 'Multiple Limbs' as if it naturally didnt have multiple limbs. It felt like too much of a conundrum so Multiple Arms seemed to fit less controversially.

I feel growing them, since Robin does use them as her own Limbs for physical combat too, and operating them as if they were naturally stuck to her should consitute the power and category, since she can make them work in the exact same way a naturally multiple-armed being would use them, though also still possessing the elements of body control

Last edited:
It should be. Multiple arms gives the advantages shown, and still qualifies as a superpower or physical body alteration abnormal to the general human. Why wouldn't it be worthy of mentioning? Or lead to anything negative when being noted down in Powers and Abilities?

Bodily Weapons, Large Size, Elasticity also can relate to a character's body structure yet are still accepted powers and features.

Okay then. I still think that such a page seems rather redundant, but I suppose that it wouldn't cause any harm.

Multiple Limbs was what i was orignally going for, but people brought up the point that it would be confusing on what we consider as 'Multiple Limbs' depending on species of creature, while arms was generally more separative to anthropomorphic characters. Such as whether we give a spider 'Multiple Limbs' as if it naturally didnt have its own 8 set that would count as multiple to a human. It felt like too much of a conundrum so Multiple Arms seemed to fit less controversially.
^^^
What do people who want Multiple Limbs suggest we do about this point
Also this begs the question on whether tails are included as those are technically limbs. Multiple Legs feels less combat applicable compared to arms, and Tentacles could be their own category since they're specifically restricted to certain types of species, and work somewhat differently to arms

Multiple Appendages is also a naming option

Last edited:
I know it's already been said, but isn't this just Body Control? I mean, I can agree on it being like a subset of the power, yet it kinda seems a bit unnecessary.

I know it's already been said, but isn't this just Body Control? I mean, I can agree on it being like a subset of the power, yet it kinda seems a bit unnecessary.
No, as stated on the OP, because not every character with Multiple Arms can control how these arms are made.
Some are naturally born with it. You wouldnt call it Body Control to move your regular arms, so if you were born with an extra part, it wouldnt count.

No, as stated on the OP, because not every character with Multiple Arms can control how these arms are made.
Some are naturally born with it. You wouldnt call it Body Control to move your regular arms, so if you were born with an extra part, it wouldnt count.
What about Biological Manipulation? Or Shapeshifting?

What about Biological Manipulation? Or Shapeshifting?
Biological Manipulation wouldnt be either, as these characters can actively choose to have their extra arms. They control them about as normally as we can with our arms.

Not every shapeshifter can have multiple arms, but characters that naturally have multiple arms dont always shapeshift them on. It has to be a complete blanket term, hence Body Control is way too broad.

Last edited:
Multiple Legs feels less combat applicable compared to arms,
A power or one if it's possible applications don't necessarily have to be combat applicable in order to have a page or be listed on a file.
And having multiple legs can be useful for mobility, but also combat if thr character uses them to fight.

Multiple Appendages is also a naming option
Yes

Multiple Limbs is more easily understood and sounds better than Multiple Appendages.

Multiple Limbs was what i was orignally going for, but people brought up the point that it would be confusing on what we consider as 'Multiple Limbs' depending on species of creature, while arms was generally more separative to anthropomorphic characters. Such as whether we give a spider 'Multiple Limbs' as if it naturally didnt have multiple limbs. It felt like too much of a conundrum so Multiple Arms seemed to fit less controversially.
Can i also bump this again?
How would we handle non anthro beings that naturally have what we would consider 'multiple arms' without a basic anthro structure of 2 arms 2 legs

I think multiple limbs sounds better I agree, since it doesn't just apply to Shokans having 4 arms but also Centaurs having 4 legs or Octopus/Squid like characters having 8 or more tentacles. Insects and arachnids also have many legs too.

Eh, I'm not sure if this is usable to remark what a character can do with this ability, which is the whole point of a P&A page on the site.

Namely, while having more extremities can enable for more complicated moves, they also require exponentially more synchronization with surroundings, and needless to say, not everyone has the multitasking capabilities to use them on a denotable manner.

At that point that sort of stuff would be better defined in the Intelligence and/or the Notable Attacks/Techniques section, especially with how this stuff is generally blatant with an image of the character and the Classification section of the page (say, someone being a spider would make one default to them having 8 extremities, in fact we do often add "Anthropomorphic X" as is for characters that have a human-like anatomy).

Bodily Weaponry includes tails, tentacles, raptorial legs, teeth, beaks. All appendages that have other uses than killing. It can even include feathers, tongues, fur, hair, petals, and vines if they're used for killing.

Bodily Weaponry includes tails, tentacles, raptorial legs, teeth, beaks. All appendages that have other uses than killing. It can even include feathers, tongues, fur, hair, petals, and vines if they're used for killing.
Thats for tentacles, but again like the OP stated, you wouldnt count bare fists as Bodily Weaponry, otherwise everyone with a pair of hands gets that ability

Eh, I'm not sure if this is usable to remark what a character can do with this ability, which is the whole point of a P&A page on the site.

Namely, while having more extremities can enable for more complicated moves, they also require exponentially more synchronization with surroundings, and needless to say, not everyone has the multitasking capabilities to use them on a denotable manner.
Can you name one character with four arms that explicity have trouble controlling 4 arms at a time that they were naturally born with?

It's just body control for me
A lot of the Multiple Arms/Limbs listed are natural, as in the character was born with the extra arms. In that case, they wouldnt be able to control their arms through some superhuman power as if they were controlling the body.
also some characters have cybernetic/mechanical arms, which arent originally part of their body but function as limbs.

Honestly though, Im unsure about the Tentacle addition. That does feel a bit like it can be counted bodily weaponry when its used for combat, and is more niche that it can probably warrant its own category like 'Tentacle Users' since those are quite different from the main idea of limbs (Arms and legs)

Tails, like tentacles, are also technically limbs, but i dont think we really want to count tails either for this. The multiple in multiple limbs would stand different for different species. This also, again, provides more non-anthro representation of this category making it a lot more broader and unclear what multiple limbs would actually mean to different beings

Even though it's different from body control, i don't think this new powers Abilities Will be really important for exist on this wiki

Even though it's different from body control, i don't think this new powers Abilities Will be really important for exist on this wiki
I mean having Multiple Arms, more ways of attacking the opponent or moving is a pretty significant advantage melee wise. Imagine someone with 2 arms vs 4 arms, They would have more angles and capabilities to attack from, and the other person wouldnt be able to block conventionally.
More posable thumbs are also quite useful. I did mean for this power to just be a simple one that appears often and shortens the broad term of 'Body Control'
Its a pretty common power too, that surprisingly wasnt mentioned on most profiles for multiple armed characters even if it didnt warrant a page

Thats for tentacles, but again like the OP stated, you wouldnt count bare fists as Bodily Weaponry, otherwise everyone with a pair of hands gets that ability
No, because abilities are given for characters who can do those things to a greater extent than ordinary RL humans. People with two hands don't have more hands than 98% of humans.

No, because abilities are given for characters who can do those things to a greater extent than ordinary RL humans. People with two hands don't have more hands than 98% of humans.
Not every character in this profile is a human though, they dont come naturally from their body and could be mechanical parts, and characters who get 4 arms naturally would just use them as extra limbs in general, not exclusively for the intent on fighting or attacking prey like fangs, poison etc would be. Fists aren't counted as natural weaponry, so im unsure why an extra pair of fists would suddenly make it so.

Last edited:
Not every character in this profile is a human though

I don't see that as an issue. Animals qualify for Bodily Weaponry.

they dont come naturally from their body and could be mechanical parts

Artificial weapons are allowed for Bodily Weaponry.

and characters who get 4 arms naturally would just use them as extra limbs in general, not exclusively for the intent on fighting or attacking prey like fangs, poison etc would be.

I already responded to that point here.

Fists aren't counted as natural weaponry, so im unsure why an extra pair of fists would suddenly make it so

I already responded to that in the post you're applying to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back