• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andytrenom said:
What happened to your face Antoniofer?
Get tired of 60s Spiderman memes

@Gary, I think we use Matter Manipulation to cover that, but not truely sure.

What about a power like "Additional Limbs" for those who possesses or could actually grow multiple limbs, including arms, legs, or heads

Should there be a category for "Dead Characters"?

We had a category for dead characters before, but the spoilerish nature of it, alongside "undead"/later resurrected/reincarnated characters being around make the category turn without any actually useful purpose, hence its removal

Well, we don't care about spoilers and there are many dead characters who are not fortunate enough to be revived.

I´m sure it was discussed before, and it was concluded that it was best just removed, as far I remember.

Okay then. Link me if you can find the thread where it was discussed tho.

Problem with that is that people with lower intelligence can have it while people with high dont have one. It's just remembering how something looks picture perfect. Doesn't really mean they understand it or are very smart. It seems like it can vary on person enough for it to have a page. Where a genius in one verse may not have one, a Above average person in another verse does have it.

Idea for an ability that may be useful for a lot of pages: Conversio.

When one type of creature / character can convert other creatures / characters into more of itself. Some examples:

• Zombies can convert living creatures into zombies.
  • Vampires can convert living creatures into vampires.
  • Agent Smith can convert other programs into Agent Smiths.
  • Cyberme can convert humans into more Cybermen with prep.

Mm, yes, I though in that ability time ago. What power do we use currently to cover that effect?

Right now there are things like Transmutation, Corruption, Possession, etc. but I don't think they are that accurate for the ability.

Corruption can technically convert another individual over to your side, but it doesn't necessarily change the corrupted persons species / identity.

Mmm, I though Corruption was more morality oriented, but reading its more about turning someone into something else.

I wanted it to be more clear on what qualifies as "supernatural" in terms of appearance

Nop, not yet, waiting for more input that I believe the first one wasn't that possitive.

Also, we already decide to turn Power Modification into Power/Superpower Manipulation, so it can have Pwer Hijacking as another possible use.

Damage3245 said:
Idea for an ability that may be useful for a lot of pages: Conversio.
After reading the corruption page, that already comes under corruption.

I guess, though personally I prefer the title of Conversion to Corruption. Vampires can convert people into vampires, but it doesn't sound right to say that they corrupt people into vampires.

Andytrenom said:
I wanted it to be more clear on what qualifies as "supernatural" in terms of appearance
How about just having it as "Potent Appearance" or something else along those lines?

Why should there be a power page for just looking really good? I only agreed with Supernatural appearance as a power because there are character whose ability to affect others with their looks straight up enter the realm of impossibility and thus functions as a full blown superpower

Really didn't seem like it considering you were responding to my comment about wanting its requirements laid down

I thought you meant it in terms of what is considered supernatural so it wouldn't be a misnomer. Was that not what you meant?

Okay, my bad.

Should be something along the lines of "causes a unnatural reaction when seen", with examples being given.

Never got an answer if I could make an Oil Manipulation page to cover things like Oil types (skin Oil, regular Oil, Ink, Ect). Can I get a thumbs up on that? Or any issue?

Wouldn't it be a subset of water manipulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back