• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, a power would be a simply mixture, but kinda indifferent about a category, in all fairness we got a category for manipulation life and death.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I got a cool idea that I think would apply to a lot of game characters. It would be a subset of combat Mastery, and more of a specific type. For now let's call it... Environmental Exploitation.
It's like combat mastery, but specifically in regards to being able to use the environment to their advantage. This could be things from Berserker Lancelot's ability to pick up almost anything from a pipe to a jet to a stick and use it as his NP, to video game characters who can combine shit they find in the area on the fly like in dead rising, to that one guy from Baki who we could honestly use as the picture for this who can so masterfully use the environment to his advantage that he can use debris in the sand of the arena like a shot gun blast, or coat himself in sand and become invisible
By the way, I remembered the name of the character from Baki. His name is Gaia

XXJellyXx said:
Possibly to destroy an entire group, or species by removing its source of food.

I'm sure quite a few have it...
It would fall under organic or biological manipulation. No need for a separate ability page for it.

Which kind of Purification? Making someone no longer evil? Such as:

A. Changing their mindset to something less evil, but still evil?

B. Changing their mindset to something less evil, but neutral, not good or evil?

C. Changing their mindset to be inclined towards good?

Removing the effects an evil source imparted on something? Like if there's black thorny vines, crumbled ground & disease & horrible insects everywhere?

Or even the metallic sort of Purification? XD I'd assume we don't mean removing impurities in a bar of iron, for example.

Concealment, depending on its mechanism, would be any one of or a combination of Stealth Mastery, Invisibility and Camouflage, possibly even Perception Manipulation.

SSBXeno573 said:
Removing the effects of an evil source
I'd be skeptical if it is Purification in such case.

For example, what if the effect of the evil source is Petrification, and what we're calling "purification" cures that? Or if there's a power increase or effect on the mind from the evil source, but that's removed by the "purification"?

There are a lot of potential effects something evil could have on something or someone.

I disagree with that power being a thing. It's just Goku studying his opponent and predicting where Hit will strike based on his movements.

At most, it's just Minor Precognition.

Welp, it emulate Precog, but it do not directly see the future, it analyse and predict combat patterns. I think what they're looking for its Combat Perception (I also like more that Combat Perception/Intuition as a name rather than simply Movement Prediction), but right now the ability its a combination of Instinctive Reaction and ESP (that shouldn't be the case).

Pain Tolerance. Not resistance to Pain Manipulation, not feeling less pain, but the ability to fight through despite the pain. So many characters have this and it isn't it's own power yet.

Generally one tolerate pain cuz its used to it or possesses an indominable emotion (first one generally associated to stamina), other methods involve physical/mental deficiencies.

Depends of what other says, I'm quite indifferent (although, that would be more abilities to tabletop game characters... That means more work for me).

What about Envoriment Manipulation???

For example, spontaneously creating a forest in the middle of a that was previously only flat land concrete???

Turning a forest into a wasteland? This is probably better suited for characters that get amps through being in certain envoriments.

Sounds pretty common to warrant a profile, although people will generally associate it with Spatial Manipulation or Reality Warping (although the last one is simoly too broad).

How can it be spatial manipulation???

yeah it should be considered a sub-power to reality warping. its probably an ability more commonly seen in characters that are typically less than country level.

It could also be a sub-power to creation couldn't it?

It could be associated to it, but it not always be the case. For example, characters with a Personal Dimension would have EM (assuming it can control their personal dominion).

More of a variation, but only if it create the environment, otherwise not.

That sounds like BFR into their own world

I was thinking of something along the lines of terraforming the terrain already present around a character like an areana made from brick then character spontaneously creates a forest that give him bio location omnipresents, an amp, or make him invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back