• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a anything about my question?

Also, Iapitus remind me something, under what current category we rate Hive Mind, Mind Hive, Divided Personality, Shared Senses, that kind of stuff?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I know this is kind of a weird point, but could psychopathic tendencies be considered an ability?
No, like @Andytrenom. It is considered a personality trait like the Joker's case and in some cases it can be weakness depending the characters.

@Elizhaa, that is more a being a living object (Armor in this case) that having a Dermal Armor or natural protection.

I was gonna go for something along the lines of inherent resistance to emotional manip similar to the way that we grant resistance to pain manip for those who have no sense of touch

Antoniofer said:
@Elizhaa, that is more a being a living object (Armor in this case) that having a Dermal Armor or natural protection.
Unlike what I thought initally, it was not applicable. The solution I believe is to have the definition tweaked thus making the ability applicable for Dermal Armor or natural protection, @Antoniofer.

I just realized that Natural Weaponry is a much better title than Natural Weapons.

I...kinda want that to be the title of the power now. It could even consolidate the natural body armor by phrasing it like that.

Starter Pack said:
I just realized that Natural Weaponry is a much better title than Natural Weapons.
I...kinda want that to be the title of the power now. It could even consolidate the natural body armor by phrasing it like that.
It sounds cool; like Andy, I think you should use this title, @Starter Pack.

Natural Weaponry sounds good to me.

Tyranids would be a good listed user for that.

I don't think Greed would apply because his is an active transformation / ability that gives him skin as hard as diamond.

Natural Weaponry is more for creatures/individuals that don't need to activate a special ability in order to have their weapons/armor. Their weapons/armor is just a part of them.

Matter Manipulation can do much more than transmutation, such as destroying/re-arranging and de-compose molecules and atomic particles.

Transmutation is quite literally just turning something into something else.

The last one could a sub-power of the first one. Although, few effects of Transmutation can't be performed with Matter M. or at least would be pretty painful/deadly.

Anything that involve altering the properties of your own body would qualify as Body Control, its an effect type power. That can be performed by few types of powers, such Biokinesis.

Basically this:

• Transmutation is the ability to alter the form and structure of a object/being
  • With Matter Manipulation one can manipulate the molecular/atomic/subatomic structure of an object/being
  • Shapeshifting = Self-Transmutation
So, are we done with Natural Weaponry?

Enchanting gear such as armors and swords with for example Resistance to expolsive/slashing is considered apart of magic?

Refering to the ability to enchant lol

What if the person doesn't use magic by hypothetically a random example they use something such as Ki, or Chakra?

Power bestowal is for granting others abilities isn't it???? What if it was used for the main character to enchant only his own gear???? lol i tried to send this several times

has anyone thought of the idea of an ability for cuteness? It'd be a side ability to Social Influencing but instead of convincing the opponent it instead makes the opponent not want to fight due to not wanting to harm the character it it'd also have limited empathic manipulation

a weakness to this would be that characters that are blood thirsty or characters that don't feel any emotions wont be effected by this

an obvious example of cute manipulation would be various animals in real life and Puss in Boots from Shrek

I was going to say it was a variation of Supernatural Beauty, but apparently that isn't a power (I was sure it was). Maybe an ability called Supernatural Appearance (beauty, ugliness, cuteness), but if people consider it necessary.

By the way, what do we use for the mind equivalent of Body Control? Something that allows the change the state of mind, concentrate, clear it, that stuff.

Supernatural appearance may actually be legit. Characters like Toepick from Ben 10 can defeat people by simply being ugly and Helen of Troy from Legends of Tomorrow can cause wars to be fought because of her beauty

It'd also apply to characters like the Emperor who (iirc) takes on whatever appearance you find most appealing, or the Supreme Intelligence in Captain Marvel who automatically takes on the appearance of the person who you admire the most/someone important to you to make you inherently trust it.

Edit: Helen of Troy in pretty much anything has that ability, since that's one of the most important abilities of any human in Greek mythology, seeing as it caused the Trojan War.

I don't think saying "considered the most general variation of biological manipulation" is correct, Biological manipulation is obviously a variation of Organic Manipulation instead

Welp, I tried to leave that last clear, but it seems it has the revert effect. Any better wording?

Maybe just call it "Superset of Biological Manipulation"? I dunno if there's a better word than superset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back