• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, there's no standard rule for that, so I think it depends of the staff that often this thread. If any, try to do not create a too specific power (Fork Physiology), or one that isn't directly related to an already existent one.

I believe it fits. A new power which is essentially a mix of two, one that others have thought that should be a power as it does and doesn't fit the bill, etc.

Can be interpreted as a conditional possession, but I guess it could be its own thing, depends of the others.

"Cosmic" could refer to a whole variety of things not necessarily interconnected enough to be the same power. I don't think it should be a page.

I'm guessing those who can control the properties of the cosmos: celestial bodies, nebulas, stardust, black holes, dark matter, spatial weather, it can also include Cosmic Awareness. Although, yes, is pretty broad power, it was a suggestion is case people really wanted Dark Matter since is pretty uncommon.

Controlling the cosmic bodies of galaxies, and super clusters would be Dark matter manipulaiton, and controlling the expansion of the universe would be dark energy manipulation.

also be viewed as a question of the nature of clustering matter. Dark matter must be the basic building block of the largest structures in the universe: galaxies and clusters. Without dark matter, the universe would be a very different place, according to current theories.

And dark matter is not just for explaining the behavior of distant bodies in the cosmos, but is abundant within our galaxy as well. It is estimated that our solar system is passing through a fine sea of dark matter particles with a density as high as roughly 105 per cubic meter. We may hope to detect the flux of dark matter passing though the Earth, and even to detect the seasons of dark matter, corresponding to the times of year when the Earth is moving with, or against, the flow of dark matter orbiting the center of the Milky Way.

Dark energy, on the other hand, originates from our efforts to understand the observed accelerated expansion of the universe. In a nutshell, current theory cannot explain the acceleration. One speculative possibility is that the acceleration is a consequence of another new form of matter, nicknamed dark energy, which has hitherto gone undetected. It is called "dark" because it must necessarily be very weakly interacting with regular matter--much like dark matter--and it is referred to as energy because one of the few things we are certain of is that it contributes nearly 70 percent of the total energy of the universe. If we can figure out what it really is, it is certain we will find a more illuminating name.

One leading hypothesis is that the universe is filled by a uniform sea of quantum zero point energy, which exerts a negative pressure, like a tension, causing spacetime to gravitationally repel itself

How is dark energy affecting the universe today? It is responsible for the cosmic speeding

It is tempting to try to combine the explanations for dark matter and dark energy, but there are great differences between the two. Dark matter pulls and dark energy pushes. That is, dark matter is invoked to explain greater-than-expected gravitational attraction. In contrast, dark energy is invoked to explain weaker-than-expected, and in fact negative, gravitational attraction. Furthermore, the effects of dark matter are manifest on length scales roughly 10 megaparsecs and smaller, whereas dark energy appears only to be relevant on scales of roughly 1,000 megaparsecs or greater. "

- https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-are-dark-matter-and/

Controlling the cosmic bodies of galaxies, and super clusters would be Dark matter manipulaiton, and controlling the expansion of the universe would be dark energy manipulation

"Instead of pulling the galaxies in the universe together, gravity seems to be driving them apart. But how can gravity be repulsive, when our everyday experience shows that it's attractive? Einstein's theory of gravity in fact predicts that gravity can repel as well as attract, but only under very special circumstances.

Repulsive gravity requires a new form of energy, dubbed "dark energy," with very weird properties. Unlike ordinary matter, dark energy has negative pressure, and it's this negative pressure that makes gravity repulsive. (For ordinary matter, gravity is always attractive). "

- https://earthsky.org/space/what-is-dark-energy

A power that I have been thinking and that could be a good idea, would be: Pressure

Where a strong character with it's presence is able to overwhelm to weaker being and leaves it's scared as well as crushing everything around it because of it's presence

I think it is already Aura type already so it might be unnecessary:

• Overwhelming - An aura which cause a variety of negative effects to the enemy. Effects range from weakness to unconsciousness to death (i.e., can kill by aura alone).

Well, Statistics Amplification and Status Effect inducement sound very videogame centric, which clashes with the dialogue centered around fights based in some form of realism.

I would say Statistics Amplification can be turned into "Physicality Enhancement" and all of them can be put under either Physicality Manipulation (for the Statistic decrease) or "biology manipulation" or something we already cover blood manipulation for example with.

Most status effects not counting poisoning or burning seem to be based in that area, and even then, "status effect" is a very bad term realistically. Being "on fire" is a status effect??? That's true in video games, but when you think about it out loud, that's weird. It doesn't have any priority whatsoever, it's just really funny seeming, and should only go on Videogame-ish characters like Kumoko and Rimuru and Ains and not anyone like Roshi who can basically use Thunder Wave from Pokémon to induce paralysis. He doesn't have it to my knowledge, but he could if he could also... I dunno cast poison or something? I don't know what the criteria for getting this power is either tbh.

I think status means any condition or state, so yes, it means a lot of thing such: poisoned, injured, paralysis, death, blindness, muting, deafness, etc. We use to any stat that do not cover an specific power (instead of Death Inducement and redirect it as SEI, we just use Eeath Manipulation, Fire Manipulation for burning instead of SEI, and going on).

So, what name do you suggest?

We link the abilities that cause things like blindness, "being injured" (sounds like everyone has status inducement, which makes this power too broad), muting, deafening, or whatever to the powers that are used to induce these statuses, like you said with fire manipulation. Death inducement goes to One Hit Kill or whatever, and anything that affects the body works for biology manipulation.

The word "status" can work for anything. I can have the "broke" status afflicted on me by someone with conceptual manipulation who can take the concept of wealth from me. I don't think that's a good... Anything.

Same with Statistcs Manipulation. I know there's probability manipulation to cover the other definition of Statistics, but it's a really misleading name that fits a videogame context more than anything when "Physicality Manipulation" can be there instead.

I mean. You don't have to. All i'm Saying is that it's a pretty dumb name for what it is. No one in an actual fight would ever call it that, but if you want it to be one of the harmless things we do, that's cool.

The names are fine as they are imo.

Elizhaa said:
I am proposing Damage Replication. The characters still take damage, has a Regenerationn to negated it effects in the long term, and replicated all the damages taken to the opponent.
It is based on this text: Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken WN: Chapter 180
The special ability to replicate damage that she has taken onto her attacker, such was Espirit's unique skill『Retaliator』.
The incredible amount of damage that had been caused onto a demon's body.
A human's body would never be able to take that much punishment.
Flesh was sundered and bones were crushed.
The moment Espirit activated her special ability, Gardner was turned into a pile of meat without the chance to even speak.
I'd like to bump this again, and ask if a page for this can be created.

What kind of power is it, if someone can cause wounds to another person with a thought without the use of telekensis, elemental control, or manipulation of fate?

that sounds like Status effect inducement (or whatever it is lol) The status being "Injured/Injury" @Injury inducement.

Personally I feel that Wound Transferal or Damage Transferal would be a better name for it.

Ok, I will make the name change and the page; thanks, also, for the inputs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back