• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a page for being supernaturally lucky, but not one for the manipulation of the quantity of luck. Like increasing one's own luck, or decreasing the luck of others. The new verse I have planned has plenty of this.

I had to use Probability Manipulation to denote this in the one profile I made (Momiji (Binbougami Ga!)).

Ah... we probably shouldn't have switched adhesivity to surface crawling...

@Xtasy That was already being worked on.

@SD We switched it for exactly this reason. Because "adhesivity" as a power was never meant to cover a character that can create adhesives, it was only for characters that could adhere to surfaces, through any means.

I am pretty sure no one except Gomez (Fez) would have this ability. He can lower the dimensionality of any object or being he interacts with by 1, as long as the object or being is originally 3 Dimensional or higher. When the Tetrahedron, a 4-D 2-B/2-A being came to grant Gomez his space bending powers, a game crash occurred (which by the verse's cosmology would be a Low 2-C event) and Tetrahedron was totally oneshotted, due to getting its dimensionality lowered to 3-D which infinitely dropped his dura.

This ability is broken af against 3-D characters, but unfortunately, Gomez is personally 2-D with 11-A attacks, so he's not doing much to anything 4-D or above. Since Gomez also lacks potent fighting options other than throwing bombs and stuff, it can't hang with the strong characters of its own tier, since his dimensional lowering doesn't affect them.

That sounds like Dimensional Shifting, just that applied to others rather than the own user. Note that gaining an additional axis to move throw wouldn't the user stronger (there's was a revision about that but I don't known what happened with it).

Antoniofer said:
That sounds like Dimensional Shifting, just that applied to others rather than the user. Note that gaining an additional axis to move throw wouldn't make the user stronger (there's was a revision about that but I don't known what happened with it).
I didn't have to, but I did.

So, what's the next step to create the Subjective Reality page? I mean, if no one has any issue with it.

I think the next step for making a new power/ability page is just to make it.

Antoniofer said:
So, what's the next step to create the Subjective Reality page? I mean, if no one has any issue with it.
Just copy the blog´s source code and then paste it as when making an actual page, then add the needed categories and then it´s finally done.

That's it? No Admin approval or CRT? Just create the page and start adding the category/power to profiles?

Admins have been around here regarding the topic and they don´t appear to mind, so you can go ahead.

You should probably make some sort of thread, considering this is called the "Unofficial" powers addition area

Isn't subjective reality sorta textbook reality warping though?

I don't think threads have been made for adding many of the powers in the past, but if you want to you could do that.

Most advanced applications is a type of Reality Warping (although, you can say that about several powers), in short you can control what is a fact and truth and what is fantasy and fiction. This do not necessary involve textbook, I would say most examples don't involve that.

Controlling what is fact or truth could be a ton of things, though it does seem more distinct from standard reality warping, I guess. Oryx, the Taken King is a good example of it, being able to make something a lie by just denying it and also kill truths, though this manifests for him as conceptual/law destruction.

Anyway, reality warping covering something isn't really a reason, considering reality warping covers every other power in the wiki.

Ok, I guess I'll create the CRT so this addition do not pass unnoticed; people can also show their doubts there, and that discussion here.

EDIT: Here we go.

Do we have an ability for modifying the properties of objects? (a bit like enchanting, but more general)

It came up when I added something to Brunhild Schild's page. She has a sword where you can write something on it and strike an object with it to make that object behave like what you have written. E.g. write "ocean" and strike the ground, to make the earth start to behave like water. Didn't really know what to list that as.

If we don't have a fitting ability, would it be frequent and specific enough to be worthwhile?

Welp, we commented above about Status Manipulation, that I think it also cover manipulating properties, although that power seems kinda weird.

Making the ground flow like water is definitely not power bestowal.

@DT

Some characters that immediately come to mind with somewhat similar abilities to me are Maxwell with adjectives and Hiiro Okamura with some uses of word magic. For them it's considered concept manipulation and reality warping respectively. I feel like I've seen others but can't place them right now.

With the specific example you gave it sounds like it could fall under law manipulation, since it's causing the the ground to follow the laws of the Ocean.

Bubble Manipulation is just Liquid (generally water) + Gas (generaly air) Manipulations, so is kinda useless.

It would be, if it wasn´t actually a quite common power that isn´t actual water manip on the full scale.

By the way I don't think adding adjectives to objects should be conceptual manipulation. Sounds more like information manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back