• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fork mimicry when

Ok, we're delaying a little (not much as this isn't a revision, but still). Anyway, doen't OP have to write down the current acceptable suggestions?

Stalker Maggot said:
Door Manipulation
Best power ever, you can just sit on a sofa couple meters away from the front door and OPEN it without having to get up.

Why would you be opening a door if you aren't gonna go through it though?

Antoniofer said:
What does Damage Translation do? Also, that would be the third damage related power, so maybe just create Damage Manipulation to save us the quantity.
It's basically Voodoo dolls, or what McQueen uses. Damage manipulation is way to broad. Literally anything from magically stabbing someone to healing to attack reflection would all be damage manipulation

Attack reflection is not really related to Damage Manipulation, maybe healing, but in general it is own thing (or at least not a subpower or technic of a power we have here). If for avoiding the few amount based in powers.

Many versions of it definitely are damage manipulation. Gagamaru's Attack Reflection with Encounter or the life sustaining attack reflection of Giorno's animals would definitely fall under damage manip. Death manipulation would also count as damage manipulation. So would resurrection. Damage manipulation is one of those things that just contains a **** ton of sub powers that it just would not be worth having a page for it in my opinion

Yeah I also feel like just "damage manipulation" is way too broad. Stat amps manipulate damage, eroding resistances manipulates damage, dealing damage manipulates damage, healing manipulates damage, etc.

I do like the damage translation idea though

the output of damage is ony one form of it. Subushi's ability to bring back old damage and reopen old wounds are both damage manipulation. So is nightingale's ability to exploit any wounds that are not properly treated. As is Spartacus's ability to fire back any damage he takes. i can go on

Fair enough, I can definitely find better examples than that.

Valentine's ability to move woundes into places where they would be more fatal, like moving a paper cut on the finger onto the heart, is also a form of damage manipulation

If you want a good example of that, just take a look at Pain Split. Pretty sure that's what you're looking for, no?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Valentine's ability to move woundes into places where they would be more fatal, like moving a paper cut on the finger onto the heart, is also a form of damage manipulation
Still attack reflection, albeit, the results of the attack manifest directly onto the target.

Damage Transfer is not Attack Reflection, its a type of Reflection, but it do not reflect attacks, just damage caused by it (thus, attacks that do not cause damage are unaffected by it).

An hypotetical Damage Manipulation wound do more than simply reduct or amply damage, see characters like Harlequin (no, not the girl) or that Bleach one whose number I do not remember; but I see why people wouldn't wanted, since most uses involve reduction (stat reduction), amp (stat amp), damage inducement (vary from durability negation up to death inducement), damage reflection (type of reflection), invulnerability (by turning immune to a type of damage).

Damage transfer is indeed attack reflection. In fact, it is one of the classic examples of it. Even if you do not toss the attack back in the person's face, you are still reflecting the effects of the attack

So, do you agree that damage manipulation is too broad? at that point, it becomes almost unusable. I would argue that if every use of an ability can be fit into the sub catagory of another, and is too broad, then that ability should be cut not the lesser ones

Is quite different, as DT (the power not the user) just tranfer the wound (either physical or animical) to other (either healing in the process or not), as for AR change the direction of the attack with its whole potency and this one still apply (of any) its esoteric effects (such freezing, paralysis, or death), something that is not possible with DT, as it work independently of AP/Durability and do not tranfer any esoteric effect.

Yes, it can be broad (not as remotely broad as Reality Warping but still), it was a suggestion of mine if people had problems with several powers that alter damage.

So, does an Unholy/Hellish/Infernal/Demonic Manipulation sounds good or aren't interested at all?

Other power of what I was thinking was Subjetive Reality (controlling the line between what is real and unreal), or good, Boundary Manipulation to make it more general.

I'm alright with it, but it might as well make hellfire magic one of its sub-abilities.

@Antoniofer An ability I made, called Immersion could become part of your suggestion. Apparently it is a rare ability by itself and so it might be better if there was a more broad ability to encompass it.

Subjetive Reality is more than travel from Reality to Unreality and viceverse, but rather makes what is real/unreal unreal/real: character could negate a resent event by make it unreal, bring fictional characters into reality, could emulate Low-Godly regen, grants characters NEP by negating their existance, that type of stuff. Examples involve Yukari Yakumo, Danzō Shimura, Jonathan Kappel.

The the applications/uses increase if we generalize with Boundary Manipulation.

No I mean Immersion could become a subpower of subjective reality. You see the mean Saikou was making threats about having Immersion deleted, so maybe if it was a merged with a more prevalent power it could be safer.

It might be a better power to cover imprisoning someone inside drawings and making a painting come to life (like in Night at the museum) than immersion as well.

Art Manipulation perhaps? Since drawings and statues are real by itself could not necessary qualify as SR all the time (although wouldn't be impossible for a user to do so). Imprisoning someone in a drawing is more Sealing than the previous ones, as where someone is sealed is just appearing.

If the target was turned into paint then it wouldn't be SR, I was more thinking about cases where they are actually dropped into the narrative or fictional time-space depicted in the drawing.

I think you should try and find a better picture, the danzo pic doesn't really illustrate the power very well.

Welp, the power by itself is kinda complicated compared with others. Can't think of a pic that show how it works aside from Gremmy's, perhaps one of Kumagawa could work, but I can't find any suitable.

Kumagawa seems best, TBH.

And the transduality immunity part is likely too much, as I think some 1-As with it can affect other 1-As with that as far I remember, at least for the summon part.

My issue with the Gremmy pic is that it's just him speaking about his ability, the ability actually being demonstrated in the pic would be preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back