• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
A thread where we just talk about what powers should be added and the like.

It originally was a pet project of mine but now its more of a community thing, so here is the sequel.

I actually think "Demonic powers" are a bit more common than Holy powers, tho what exactly would you include and leave out when defining this ability?

Well, Darkness in this context would usually refer to a power or element called darkness rather than the "absence of light" kind of darkness. Tho I'm still unsure about the ability.

If would be the opposite, could include corruption, pain inducement, destruction (not via AP), physical/animic damage, the opposite of Holy Manipulation, not simply limited to damage made by demons. Wouldn't include Darkness Manipulation, is common between demons, but it could be also fire (hellfire), ice and even light.

Unholy Manipulation sounds like it would cover an extremely wide amount of abilities, so Demonic Manipulation would look better. Hellish Manipulation doesn't look good for me...

As I mentioned in the last thread just before it ended, I'll be making a draft for the Bodily Projectiles power soon, so I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to what picture/gif I should use to represent this ability.

I got the suggestion of Kars, but he doesn't really use this as much as some characters, even in the JoJo verse, to my knowledge. However, I was thinking of using Jolteo since it is fairly well known for this.

Bodily Projectile sounds like simply Natural Weapon + range attack. We so not have the first one and its pretty common, although we just added it as category.

What about "Deconstruction"? A power to reverse objects or things to their original state, like turning a gun into raw iron ore

@Anto I think he means something else. The description he gave sounds more like Regressio, tho here it's classified as time manipulation.

The example of regression I know falls under Biological Manipulation but I'm not sure how his does..

"What about "Deconstruction"? A power to reverse objects or things to their original state, like turning a gun into raw iron ore"~Lightin

Ah, you mean the example, is Biological Manipulation when, lets say, turn a bird into a dinosaur, a human into an ape (variable), when it works as Devolution. Another possible interpretation is Status Manipulation by reverting (or progressing) someone or something to a previous (or next) state.

LightinAnt said:
Iron is not biological though, it should work on any object that is made out of matter.
Biological beings are made out of matter. But, you want like a Regression that only works on inorganic matter?

You know, Status Manipulation reminds me of an ability we were trying to classify a while back, which it would have fit perfectly had it existed on the wiki.

For reference, Thread:2808177

I wish that I could give the name Past History Application to this ability because the ability you, LightinAnt, have described is the application of the object's previous state to it aka you're changing the object's state to the one it possessed in its past history.

Status Manipulation seems fine as well.

Antoniofer said:
Biological beings are made out of matter. But, you want like a Regression that only works on inorganic matter?
I was thinking about the more general use of the power i.e it being applicable to any kind of matter, organic/inorganic/gaseous/liquid/other elements etc.

Yes, that is the Regression what Andy and I were talking about. But seems like people is more interested to cover said ability with Status Manipulation.

Can we add Skillful Persuasion to the wiki? It's basically mind manipulation without any actual hax. Quite a few characters have it apparently. It's basically the ability to mind control people do your bidding via speech or logical thinking.

Characters like Eurus Holmes and Johan Liebert should get it, as they can talk people into killing themselves.

We had a discussion about this on the previous thread. My opinion remains the same, this should just be treated as intelligence rather than a power.

What does Damage Translation do? Also, that would be the third damage related power, so maybe just create Damage Manipulation to save us the quantity.

At least there's no Salt Manipulation :D

Will Damage Manipulation be divided into several types?

Isn't holiness just a matter of perspective though? Oryx's shit would be pretty holy from a hive perspective, since he calls upon gods even greater than himself, but clearly isn't from a human one. Due to that, some sort of antithesis would be really broad, if not even broader than holy manipulation even is. Demonic powers aren't really a constant thing either.

Salt Manipulation falls under Earth Manipulation (Crystal) or Metal Manipulation (Sodium). EDIT: forget Organic, confused it by sugar for a moment.

As usual, there's several applications of powers, we already have damage reduction and amplification, others for example could be negation or inducement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back