• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universal Energy Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think the existence of Final Attacks vs casual attacks is a different story exempt from universal power sources where it exists regardless of supernatural shenanigans.

I was going to bring up it's not really any "Energy System/Power Source" if it's just Fire Manipulation just being a stand alone superpower unconnected to everything else. Limited is just elemental manipulation for example that's separate from Ki blast lasers as well as physical strikes. Or some of the more limited examples of what I had.

Non-Physical was I layed as as the most advanced version of what I described as "Semi-Universal" aka everything save physical characteristics.

I don't really need to repeat definition for the last one. I'm fine with "Semi-Universal" being broken up into the two aforementioned systems. And after reading thoroughly, it looks good.

DontTalk's draft seems good to me as well. Thank you very much for helping out.

Can it be applied now then, or are there any objections?

Also, in which other official explanation pages should we link to the new page after it has been created?

Should it be linked to in our attack potency page perhaps?

I am very open for sensible community suggestions here. It is not good if this page is forgotten by turning obscure after it has been created.

Should it be linked to in our attack potency page perhaps?

I am very open for sensible community suggestions here. It is not good if this page is forgotten by turning obscure after it has been created.
I don't know, I don't think UES would do such a good job at explaining it.

Okay. Can you write a list of the staff members who have helped out here previously please?

@ByAsura @Colonel_Krukov @DarkDragonMedeus @KingTempest @ElixirBlue @Theglassman12 @SamanPatou @Mr._Bambu, @LordGriffin1000 @ElixirBlue @Duedate8898 @DarkGrath @Elizhaa @Planck69 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Celestial_Pegasus @UchihaSlayer96 @Shadowbokunohero @Maverick_Zero_X

Would you all be kind enough to see DontTalk's new draft on a page for Universal Energy Sources?

Alright, so this would be my finished draft for now.
I unified some stuff and reduced some redundancies. E.g. no point having one section for the rules of weapons regarding energy systems and another explaining the same in reverse. (i.e. when weapons do not apply for energy systems)

Last edited:
The draft looks excellent to me, so you get my agreement for the most updated proposal DT made.

As for where this page should be linked in the official explanation pages, I'm honestly not sure. The Attack Potency page seems like the most appropriate one to me, since UES are rather important in determining the AP of many characters. It's not perfect, but I think it gets the job done.
Plus, the Attack Potency page is probably the most popular and well-known explanation page, so you'll also get maximum visibility for the UES page.

Looks good, although perhaps having examples ordered for Limited, Non-physical and Universal energy systems would be a good idea?
The current draft examples are about full-blown Universal Energy Systems where both physicals and supernaturals scale to each other and increase at the same rate as each other as more power is dumped into them.

So aye, some examples about Limited and Non-Physical energy systems would be great.

Is there any space left in the Wiki Navigation bar?
If so, it could go in Guidelines -> Policies -> Part IV or so
Yes, that will obviously be done as well, and we have much more room in the wiki navigation bar nowadays, due to system updates, yes. I just though that our members and visitors will easily iverlook it unless we mention it where it is relevant.

Anyway, thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Hmmmmm, what about energy sources that aren't available to everyone, has to be taught but effectively amplifies both physicals and supernaturals to the same power level? Like the Odinforce and Dr. Strange's magic. Where does that fall?

The Odinforce can amplify Odin's physical power, whereas Doctor Strange's magic to invoke other entities can usually not. That is correct, yes.

The Odinforce can amplify Odin's physical power, whereas Doctor Strange's magic to invoke other entities can usually not. That is correct, yes.
Ah, didn't know that Strange's magic is only supernatural-attacks related. Thanks for clarifying.

That being said, we definitely do need to determine where powers like the Odinforce will fall under. It has all the properties of a Universal Energy System but isn't exactly spread out for "universal" usage if you know what I mean.

Yes, Marvel magic is very inconsistent, but it seems like sorcerers that merely tap into the power of mystical entities (gods, demons, or otherwise composed of magical energy) cannot enhance their physical power under normal circumstances, whereas such entities themselves can.

Sorry to bother guys, but I guess now I can present the UES of a verse I've been working on, since the tiers of some Characters (that Antvasima asked me) depend on it.

Sorry to bother guys, but I guess now I can present the UES of a verse I've been working on, since the tiers of some Characters (that Antvasima asked me) depend on it.
Best to keep this for another thread.

We don't plan to add every single UES as an example to the page, that'd clutter the page.

Last edited:
And instead of listing "Magic" from Marvel; there's different forms of magic. Odinforce is more so universal where as Strange seems more Non-Physical. And yeah, we just need to list some well known and/or some definitive examples for each and not every single example.

So what do we still have to do here, and what can currently be applied?

So what do we still have to do here, and what can currently be applied?
I think we're pretty much done with the essentials for page-making I suppose. We can look for examples for the other types to add to the page later for better clarification, also I think it's better to put the examples below the types in bullet points like "Example" and so on and so forth.

Now, not all systems will make it to the page solely because it will get cluttered with so many examples. So I think an explanation page for each UES works which can be handled by their own threads.

And prolly take into account DDM's words, that there can be more than one type of UES or even more than one type of magic.

I think we can also finally delve into the name of the page itself.

Universal Energy System, Universal Power System/Source, Connective Energy System, etc. Pick your poison.

Last edited:
So we do not need any further input here from DontTalk for example?
Universal Energy Systems, with redirect links from Universal Power Systems and Universal Power Sources, seems fine to me.
If so, what I mentioned above can probably be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back