• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universal Energy Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the page and protected it. We do have plenty of Universal examples, but our Limited and Non-Physical examples are rather short. I wasn't sure if Magic from Harry Potter classified as which one, so I put it as limited for now but it could be moved if there's an agreement. I also don't fully remember how diverse Inheritence Cycle's magic system works, but I recall it qualifying for non-physical. But DontTalkDT might know more.

We could otherwise find more examples to fill up those sections to not make them bare bones.

I made the page and protected it. We do have plenty of Universal examples, but our Limited and Non-Physical examples are rather short. I wasn't sure if Magic from Harry Potter classified as which one, so I put it as limited for now but it could be moved if there's an agreement. I also don't fully remember how diverse Inheritence Cycle's magic system works, but I recall it qualifying for non-physical. But DontTalkDT might know more.

We could otherwise find more examples to fill up those sections to not make them bare bones.
Thanks a lot for helping out DDM. Your help is deeply appreciated.

Yes, thank you very much for helping out so much. It is extremely appreciated.

@DontTalkDT

Does everything in the following page seem acceptable to you?

@DontTalkDT

Bump

@DontTalkDT

@DontTalkDT

@DontTalkDT

Bumpino

@DontTalkDT

Wait a little please.

Where exactly should we link to the following page in our front page, our wiki navigation bar, and possibly elsewhere, so our members get informed about it?

I am distracted by lots of different issues right now, so I am feeling quite disoriented in general, and would appreciate some suggestions.

Wait a little please.

Where exactly should we link to the following page in our front page, our wiki navigation bar, and possibly elsewhere, so our members get informed about it?

I am distracted by lots of different issues right now, so I am feeling quite disoriented in general, and would appreciate some suggestions.

@GilverTheProtoAngelo @DarkDragonMedeus You guys know where this would be most important so help would be appreciated.

'Kay, we can close this thread again then, our work seems to be done.

Wait a little again. Should I place a wiki navigation bar link to it under Guidelines -> Policies or Information -> Important?

I placed a link to it here as well:

The wiki navigation bar is pretty full already. I think the links we have placed already should be enough.

The wiki navigation bar has lots more room after Fandom's system update a while ago. It now has three steps of folders instead or two, so we are fine in that regard.

I handled that as well:

We can probably close this thread now, unless somebody knows of something else that needs to be done here.

Last edited:
The wording on the page could be improved on TBH, from a glance currently there's this:

In order to qualify for a Universal Energy System and do scaling according to it, a character or the system they are using needs to fulfill all criteria for a Non-physical Energy System. Additionally, they have to demonstrate that they can channel their power through their own bodies in a way that quantifiably enhances them or otherwise allows scaling of their supernatural powers through their physicals. Hence there should be evidence that an increase in power / energy should correspond to a proportional increase in the potency of their physical statistics. In the rare case that it is relevant for scaling the reverse should also be demonstrated: That a feat of non-empowered physical strength applies to the amount of supernatural power.

Visual evidence of amplification is not considered necessary.

A single sentense in the middle of two paragraphs sticks out too much and isn't necessary, just add a comma at the end of the previous one and slap it there, like

In order to qualify for a Universal Energy System and do scaling according to it, a character or the system they are using needs to fulfill all criteria for a Non-physical Energy System. Additionally, they have to demonstrate that they can channel their power through their own bodies in a way that quantifiably enhances them or otherwise allows scaling of their supernatural powers through their physicals. Hence there should be evidence that an increase in power / energy should correspond to a proportional increase in the potency of their physical statistics. In the rare case that it is relevant for scaling the reverse should also be demonstrated: That a feat of non-empowered physical strength applies to the amount of supernatural power, visual evidence of amplification is not considered necessary.

Well, using a comma instead of a period does not seem grammatically correct to me.

I handled it:

Oh, I think I found some typos
A fairly common element in fictional stories are the incredible feats and powers certain characters possess, often being borne out of fantastical or otherwise otherworldly elements such as Magic
Should be "born"

Non-physical Energy System: A Non-physical Energy System is one where supernatural or other feats that aren't based on the bodies strength do not scale to physical stats
Limited Energy System: A Limited Energy System is a system in which supernatural or other feats that aren't based on the bodies strength neither scale to physical stats nor to all other non-physical powers the characters possesses.
Perhaps it's meant to be "body's"? If so I'd also suggest to clarify a bit saying "user's body strength" or so, as it sounds rather weird and vague otherwise.

Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back