• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Underworld Interaction is required in order to fight Zagred.

Let's look at what I mean, starting with this inner dialogue from Patri.

Chapter 208: SwordsChapter 208: Swords
During this panel, Patri questions why he can't destroy Zagred's Magic despite having the same magic type and 4-leaf grimoire as Lumiere, the first Wizard King who can ruin the Magic. (More on Lumiere later) Patri concludes, "The Dimension was Different," which most people would brush off as "Oh, Lumiere is just stronger than Patri," myself included. Still, there's a specific reason why Lumiere can do this, and as crazy as it sounds, dimensionality might play a role in it. So let's examine why Lumiere can interact with Zagred's Magic.

Chapter 206: A Reunion Across Space And Time Chapter 206: A Reunion Across Space And Time
As evident by Zagred's inner dialogue, he's surprised that Lumiere and Litch can "blow apart" his Magic, but he gives us a brief explanation. Lumiere uses a forbidden spell of the highest order, and Litch absorbs Lumiere's Magic. This combination allows both Lumiere and Litch to combat Zagred. So, what is this "forbidden spell?"

No Caption ProvidedChapter 202: From Another WorldChapter 202: From Another World
As Zagred is awaking and the battle is starting, Nero has Finral take a set of magic stones and implant them into Lumiere, bringing Lumiere back as he was frozen in place as a statue for 500 years. This is the "forbidden spell" in question. As to why it's a forbidden spell and why it allows Lumiere to combat the Devil, the stones are linked to another world and amplify the magic power. The World that the rocks are connected is the Underworld. From this, we can safely assume that when Patri said, "The Dimension was different," he was being literal, not hyperbolic. But what about the others? Lumiere wasn't the only person who combated Zagred; we saw Yuno, Patri, Asta, Litch, and Yami all have success. Litch has already been explained his sword absorbs the Magic of others, so he absorbed Lumiere's Magic and used it. Asta is self-explanatory; he uses Antimagic, the kryptonite of all Magic. The Antimagic comes from Liebe, a Devil, so it's safe to assume it can affect the Underworld regardless, considering it was born in it. Let's look at the others, starting with Patri.

Patri can use "Demon Magic." due to being turned into a Dark Elf, this Magic is born out of negative mana, which again comes from the underworld. This allows Patri to match the "Dimension" of Zagred's Magic. Next up, Yuno.

Like Litch, Yuno uses other people's Magic to combat the Devil. He uses his wind magic to gather and condense the "dregs," of Lumiere's forbidden Magic and Patri's demon magic, allowing him to combat Zagred. Lastly Yami.

No Caption Provided
Dark Magic can interact with the Underworld allowing Yami to combat Zagred.

Conclusion:​

I know this may seem far-fetched to some people. Still, once you sit down and read through these chapters, you'll notice the pattern people who have no connection to the underworld can't combat the Devil people like Mereoloena, Patri before he learned to use Demon Magic and Yuno before he started pulling in other peoples magic. All of these people had been utterly useless in the face of Zagred's magic. On the other hand, anyone connected to the Underworld worked just fine. This all leads me to believe Patri was being literal when he said, "The dimension is different."

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221215_013242_Discord.jpg

The raw also says dimension, if anyone was wondering.

If you’re suggesting Invulnerability, this is already in the Devil Physiology page

Given the emphasis on dimensionality, I fear this is some sort of “4-D Zagred” proposal or something like that. That’ll be an automatic no btw (due to being an outlier, flowery language, etc.)

I disagree. We've seen that non-arcane magic can affect devils that are far more powerful than Zagred, like when Nozel was damaging Megicula. We've also seen other High-Rank Devils be affected as well. Like Yuno in his base form Post-15 months casually destroying them. Despite there being no evidence of him having Saint Stage power in his base.

In essentially every case you showed of the Underworld power being needed was in relation to Zagred's life/magic-eating spell. This is because it's stated this particular spell absorbs the magic of the human world. This would mean that anyone who didn't have magic from the human world could bypass this spell. So it isn't that Zagred can't be effected, but this particular spell.

So, while I agree that people with forbidden magic/negative mana could affect Zagred's spell. Its also possible that Saint Stage would work as well. Since it doesn't seem to be magic of that world. Also, Sacred power should work too because its just purified devil power. The powers might be the same or related anyways since they both purify devils. But anyone who has regular magic should be able to harm/damage Zagred. They wouldn't be able to destroy his heart because they don't meet the Arcane/Saint/Ultimate requirements.

Doesn't Saint Stage itself technically only refers to having 100%synchronicity with your spirit? So it makes sense that he can make use of some of it in base.
If that were the case then he would've been able to kill Devil Zenon with a Full Spirit Dive, which would be many times more saint power if he held saint stage in base. Though it's stated several times he couldn't have killed Zenon until he reached Saint Stage.

Edit:
If you're referring to the idea that AFTER he attains resonance with Bell that he THEN always has at least some Saint Stage. This isn't supported either. As Saint Stage is moreso referred to as a form within the Noelle vs Megicula fight. I guess its possible that Yuno has Saint power in base form. I would say there isn't enough evidence for it though. Besides, even if he did, it doesn't change that anybody would be able to damage Zagred if they were strong enough regardless of otherworldly power or not.

If that were the case then he would've been able to kill Devil Zenon with a Full Spirit Dive, which would be many times more saint power if he held saint stage in base. Though it's stated several times he couldn't have killed Zenon until he reached Saint Stage.
When a spirit and its host achieve near 100% resonance with each other,[14] the spirit host is able to achieve a level known as Saint Stage, which allows them to generate magic that can purify malice and destroy devils. Chapter 310 chapter 10-11

So as far as I understand , your magic gains the property of permanently annihilating a devil after damaging them in contrast to damaging them and them healing it. This makes their Spirit Dive state even more powerful.

Also Yuno can infuse his sword with the dregs of forbidden/devil magic to fight devils. What even is the argument?

When a spirit and its host achieve near 100% resonance with each other,[14] the spirit host is able to achieve a level known as Saint Stage, which allows them to generate magic that can purify malice and destroy devils. Chapter 310 chapter 10-11

So as far as I understand , your magic gains the property of permanently annihilating a devil after damaging them in contrast to damaging them and them healing it. This makes their Spirit Dive state even more powerful.
Read the edit in my previous comment. I'll add that Noelle needed to transform in order to attain Saint Stage. And when the majority of her form was unraveled, she only had saint stage power left for one attack with the sword. Meaning that none of her other attacks would be Saint Stage.

Back