• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

What tier would W.D. Gaster scale to if DEVICE theory is right? Just wondering
I forget, what are the pretenses of that theory?

In theory, there's at least 1 timeline, or 3 variations of it (SAVE files.) at the least.

There may also be some concerns about Reality-Fiction Transcendence.

"Reality Equalization as a concept equalizes the 'baseline reality' to be the reality that is most prominent within the story, being treated as a normal 3-D reality. For verses that mostly take place in an in-universe video game or story, this would logically allow the characters who exist beyond that world to be Tier 2 or above, even if they are mostly normal humans otherwise.

However, this is not the case for every setting. In certain situations, we would not grant a R>F Transcendence to those who exist in the 'real world' compared to the game. Whether we do or not, it has to do with the perspective of the story.

For the R>F transcendence to be indexed, the portrayal of the transcendence must be taken into account. If the transcendence is treated as sufficiently portrayed and is important to the story (i.e. being the literal author of the world with complete control over it), then it's valid. If it is not sufficiently portrayed as transcendence compared to the fictional world, then we would not index it as such and would simply tier it as if no R>F transcendence was involved."

I forget, what are the pretenses of that theory?
the relevant part is that Deltarune is a metafiction story with multiple layers.

The first layer is obviously reality, then there's the DEVICE/PROGRAM layer that connects what's real to what's fake, the light world layer, the dark world and the hypothetical darker than dark layer.

the relevant part is that Deltarune is a metafiction story with multiple layers.

The first layer is obviously reality, then there's the DEVICE/PROGRAM layer that connects what's real to what's fake, the light world layer, the dark world and the hypothetical darker than dark layer.
and (I think) if R>F transcendence applies, then Gaster should scale to 1-A, the Angel is then also 1-A due to being of similar power and the player is high 1-A

I don't really agree that Gaster is on a higher plane of existence than the others or whatever but it is true in DEVICE theory

Last edited:
image.png

Back