• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Additionally, Gaster's possible Deltarune counterpart is capable of manipulating and destroying SAVE files and seems to be both in control of the game itself and possibly the creator of it, though it's unclear whether Deltarune Gaster and Undertale Gaster are the same or possess the same abilities
By the way, that's not confirmed to be Gaster, rn we accept those being the Player's doing.

Cherrypicking at its finest, "it's literal only in the parts that are convenient to me!" moment.
You think the Gaster follower is holding a piece of Gaster, which may be Gaster's still-moving head, when Gaster is probably nowhere near Hotland, hasn't been for years, he's a reverent follower & a creepy weirdo who talks in rhyme to strangers then disappears, & despite that if Gaster has any agency, he'd probably prefer having his part with him instead of a follower nowhere near?

When it could just be that the creep speaking in rhymes about the spatiotemporally shattered being he adores is probably just being metaphorical/non-literal for the sake of a surprise creepy twist at the end of some dialogue.

Also, what do you mean convenient?
What stake do you assume I have in making a case that the follower isn't literally holding a piece?

I mean, an obvious conclusion is that if he IS literally holding a piece of Gaster, that indicates Gaster is still physical in some sense.
Maybe also that Gaster is still in the UT universe, since maybe if he left the universe, his disconnected pieces would disappear? IDK?

But I would say I'm arguing over what I believe is factually correct. IIRC, it's because earlier this was said:
He is not exactly nonexistent if he could still be interacted and seen.
Nah, it's pretty literal imo, he wouldn't just say such a lie in that seriousness.
& also that stuff.

Though I do think it undercuts the seriousness if they're speaking in rhyme, even if it may be for the factor of being eerie.

But also, I'd find it odd that a Monster, a being made of magic to begin with, being shattered across space & time, could have a disembodied piece of him held.
& assuming Gaster looks like Mystery Man, which doesn't look like what the follower is holding, then it's not even a piece we can see.
Listen... I do not even disagree with that, Gaster should be a "Unknown, possibly Omnipresent" or something, because yes, it's vague as ****, but it's still possible to get something from it.
Agreed. There is some, albeit, not info about Gaster we can gleam.
Like being erased from space and time does not mean that you become omnipresent, neither should be "scattered across space time" without more context.

Maybe he can just time travel while being nonexistent, who knows.
Unrelatedly, I'm suddenly reminded of Kingdom Hearts, which has a weird system of time travel where you can but also can't change the past (You have to have a version of yourself already there & there might be some cause-loop stuff, I don't remember, it's a pain to understand, IMHO.) but also the means of time travelling involve separating your "heart" (Akin to a soul in KH.) from your body.

As for Gaster time-travelling.... Well, I think it'd be hard to prove the negative for Gaster's spatiotemporally shattered self flittering about the timeline of Undertale. Or Deltarune probably.
But IDK if there's much proof that he is time travelling either, lol.

So yeah, "Who knows"?

I also like the one wandydoodles made
Screenshot_20240709-000516-359.png
Ah I like this one I thought of it too.

By the way, that's not confirmed to be Gaster, rn we accept those being the Player's doing.
But since it's 99% definitely Gaster doing it in Deltarune it should be separated. Since he's the one saying things like "CHOOSE THE ONE TO COPY.", "IT IS BARREN AND CANNOT BE COPIED", "THE DIVISION IS COMPLETE", etc.. Wouldn't make sense for him to be saying this unless Gaster is literally just narrating what we're doing with the SAVE files, like why would he say "CHOOSE" if we're in control of it. That makes absolutely 0 sense. Besides again we already know he probably canonically made Deltarune and whatnot.

But it still isn't confirmed to be Gaster just very very likely is, so I wouldn't say anything as fact here.

Wouldn't make sense for him to be saying this unless Gaster is literally just narrating what we're doing with the SAVE files, like why would he say "CHOOSE" if we're in control of it. That makes absolutely 0 sense.
That's literally what is accepted on the profile, as I said.

Back