• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Would Gaster even have this, btw?

It is confirmed though.
Lil bro this ain't the Pokedex 😭

Plus, "shattered across space and time" doesn't exactly mean omnipresence in itself. There's that followers who LITERALLY HOLDS A PIECE OF GASTER IN HIS HAND.

That doesn't sound like "being everywhere and everywhen at once" tbh.

Yes but it's silly to think he'd set-up the Gaster storyline like this for a joke. I haven't seen a mysterious character get built up like this since...ever really. Only character who comes close in my mind is Bill Cipher.
I agree with your logic except for the comparison at the end.
"Close"? Perhaps I'm arguing from incredulity, as I'm 1 of those shameful sorts who watched Gravity Falls but never even tried to solve the cipher puzzles, preferring to listen to theorists but by sheer quantity of Easter Eggs in backgrounds, the myriads of complex riddles, the many obscure methods & complex solutions....

In methodology of hiding in secret/plain sight, but quantitatively (Am I using that term right?), I doubt Gaster is close in build-up to Bill.
Plus, "shattered across space and time" doesn't exactly mean omnipresence in itself. There's that followers who LITERALLY HOLDS A PIECE OF GASTER IN HIS HAND.

That doesn't sound like "being everywhere and everywhen at once" tbh.
So they claim.
How do we know it isn't Gaster-induced lunacy or some kind of spooky prank?
Heck, the followers are grayscaled versions of other NPCs, right? So we compare the sprites to check, no?
What is he holding that's the Gaster part, then? Because we can't see it, & he doesn't specify it. & all that's assuming he's being literal, rather than metaphorical. After all, another said Gaster was shattered across time & space. What if it's something like "We are holding a piece of him in our hearts, because we're loyal" or something? What if it's metaphorical?

What is he holding that's the Gaster part, then? Because we can't see it, & he doesn't specify it. & all that's assuming he's being literal, rather than metaphorical. After all, another said Gaster was shattered across time & space. What if it's something like "We are holding a piece of him in our hearts, because we're loyal" or something? What if it's metaphorical?
I mean the thing is literally being held in his hand and is talking, so I think it's pretty literal, or maybe not.

Thing in his hand is also there in his original sprite iirc, so its like his head is just on his hands. He isn't holding Gasters head or whatever you are implying
I mean that by "shattered across space and time" you can argue that his body was literally teared apart and spread across different areas of the space-time.

Thing in his hand is also there in his original sprite iirc, so its like his head is just on his hands. He isn't holding Gasters head or whatever you are implying
I mean that by "shattered across space and time" you can argue that his body was literally teared apart and spread across different areas of the space-time.
So then it indeed isn't a part of Gaster, it's something inherent to the NPC, based on the non-Goner version? (In theory, Gaster COULD have had a piece of him launched to 1 of his followers, but....)

So then it indeed isn't a part of Gaster, it's something inherent to the NPC, based on the non-Goner version? (In theory, Gaster COULD have had a piece of him launched to 1 of his followers, but....)
Nah, it's pretty literal imo, he wouldn't just say such a lie in that seriousness.

How does Deltarune cosmology work here? King for example is put at 9-A, but he is in reality an object brought to life with determination, more specifically a king of spades card. Darkners in general are less real than lightners (i mean yeah they're objects brought to life) and are treated as such, dark worlds are fiction within fiction, so are characters like Jevil actually 9-A or not?

My interpretation of Deltarune cosmology, by the way:

Deltarunecosmology.png

People also forget that Gaster, for what we know, literally cannot fight because he cannot interact with anything in reality after being reduced to a nonexistent mess shattered across space-time.
I mean he seems to be able to, somehow. The prophecy (which Gaster knows based on the 2016-2017 version of deltarune.com page) was literally foretold by "time and space", he directly speaks to the player on Twitter at the beginning of Deltarune and in some other instances, there's also whatever is going on with Mysteryman (and the man behind the tree) etc.

I mean he seems to be able to, somehow.
What.
The prophecy (which Gaster knows based on the 2016-2017 version of deltarune.com page) was literally foretold by "time and space", he directly speaks to the player on Twitter at the beginning of Deltarune and in some other instances, there's also whatever is going on with Mysteryman (and the man behind the tree) etc.
How is this meaning that he can punch things?

Back