• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unbanning DB vs. Marvel/DC (and possibly Saint Seiya too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
I guess Digimon vs Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon vs Dragon Ball, Pokemon vs Dragon Ball [insert other haxed verse here] vs Dragon Ball needs to be banned. Just because something haxstomps Dragon Ball doesn't mean the match-up needs to be banned.
Thing is those were never spammed.

Wright puts it best I find.

No need to outright ban specific matchups if hax stomps are banned to begin with. This isn't thermonuclear astrophysics. It's very simple.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Dragon Ball vs Saint Seiya was never officially banned, it is just restricted cause it is a hax stomp.
Goku vs Superman is super controversial, but put Buu Saga Goku vs Post-Crisis Superman, or Super Goku vs Pre-Crisis Superman and the result will be much the same for similar reasons.
I myself would love to put SSJ4 Goku to around Superman 1 Million Level, or somewhere around that rank.

Cosmic Armor Superman to me, would likely be around M.U.I Goku level, or maybe even WAY above that. Though, that's a fusion of Supermans...so...

tfw everytime you reload the page to read new replies, you have to reload once again right away because there are like 3 new comments already.

The problem is that if Goku vs Superman is banned, people will just make Wonder Woman / Green Lantern / Shazam / Martian Manhunter / Supergirl vs Goku

Basically don't ban any of the matchups [ Unless it was a clear hax stomp ] , but keep a very close eye on the matches to see if they escalate. If they don't, we can do it tll the end. Otherwise, close it. It's a simple premise.

Aeyu said:
Agree with this. If "Goku vs Superman" matches get too out of hand, just close them with no warning. It's easy.
Goku vs. Superman matches shouldn't be made to begin with. It's not worth the trouble. Everything else should be good as long as it's not a hax stomp.

Goku vs Superman is more about the principle than anything else. I don't care if anyone with similar powers like Diana or Kara get put up against him.

Kepekley23 said:
When I see a harmless DC vs. DBZ thread, and I see people spamming "it's not allowed" without even taking a look at the thread itself, it's...you know. Annoying. Makes me facepalm.
Well its not just DC vs DBZ but DB vs any character thats from a comic, eve extending to their respective live action counterparts. Like how far do the dots connect?

Goku and Superman shouldn't have matches against DC and DB respectively.

Why Marvel vs DB is banned to begin with? I get Goku vs Superman and Goku vs Seiya, but what's the controversial Marvel vs DB match?

From my understanding they decided to ban it cause Anime and Comic fanbases are like Matter and Antimatter.

I still remember Goku Vs Seiya and Sailor Moon. but that was before, now the mindset has changed, let a chance to DB Vs Marvel / DC should not be a problem

They should at least be unbanned for a while to see how things work, and then banned again if everything hits the fan THAT hard

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
I think it was " Thor vs Vegeta " or " Hulk vs Goku "
Thor vs. Vegeta should be closed on principle because Thor haxstomps from what I can tell. And Goku vs. Hulk hardly seems like he biggest flamewar Hulk match that's been made. Heck, just look at my Sans vs. Hulk thread. That was a borderline flamewar the whole way through and it still got concluded. Added to the profiles even.

The Wright Way said:
The 2nd Existential Seed said:
I think it was " Thor vs Vegeta " or " Hulk vs Goku "
Thor vs. Vegeta should be closed on principle because Thor haxstomps from what I can tell. And Goku vs. Hulk hardly seems like he biggest flamewar Hulk match that's been made. Heck, just look at my Sans vs. Hulk thread. That was a borderline flamewar the whole way through and it still got concluded. Added to the profiles even.
It's because Hulk's power are EXTREMLY exaggerated by many people.

>Anime and Manga fandoms are like matter and antimatter.

Not a good reason.

One Piece vs. Fairy Tail is allowed and those are even worse. People's personal feelings about a character should not have any weight on a vs. thread.

Well, either Thor haxstomps or Vegeta Ap stomps. Take your pick.

I do not have a strong opinion about this topic, but what we really don't want is to get any hostility between the anime/manga and comicbook fan communities, and that seems to be most easily triggered by Dragon ball for some reason.

Okay, so Ant is neutral while leaning towards against it (if I'm interpretting his comment correctly that is) and everyone else seems to be supporting this. We can remove the ban for a short time and if things go horribly wrong then we'll reinstate it.

Goku Black vs. Superboy Prime anyone?

@Ant

People's personal feelings about a character/fandom should not have any weight on a vs. thread. For example. I like Sonic a bit more than Mario but Mario stomps base Sonic. Doesn't mean I should start a fan war over it.

The Wright Way said:
Okay, so Ant is neutral while leaning towards against it (if I'm interpretting his comment correctly that is) and everyone else seems to be supporting this. We can remove the ban for a short time and if things go horribly wrong then we'll reinstate it.
Goku Black vs. Superboy Prime anyone?
Inb4 "THIS IS A STOMP" spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back