• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delete this verse, please, and thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
The Profiles for Saint Seiya need to be deleted. (Also a quick thing here; Anime and manga information is to be kept separate as their separate cosmologies and canons. All profiles use a mix of those.)

To give some quick examples,

Just from Seiya's profile alone who is critical in lower tier scaling, and some higher tier scaling in the verse

》Straight up fanon (9th Sense key) (Literally doesn't exist. I searched for Eons trying to find a source that says Movie Seiya had the 9th sense, but couldn't find it.)
》Broken Imgur links
》Scaling via non canon sources (using anime stuff on profile when their separate canons and cosmologies)
》General outdated scaling (More on this coming soon)

Gemini Saga's profile is similar to Seiya's. He is critical for Scaling to Gold Saints and higher characters.
》Scaling via non canon sources (using anime stuff on profile when their separate canons and cosmologies)
》General outdated scaling (More on this coming soon)
》some circular scaling starting here too

Then you have Athena and Hades
》overall their missing a lot of scans for some bold claims

and then we have some profiles whom are. entirely neglected, and profiles for characters that make no sense in having a profile for them.
Examples, being

Then we have some issues with calculations

Starting off with the speed calculations since that will take the longest.

Currently this blog is what is being used to support higher tier finite speeds for the verse, but.... there is a lot wrong here

Starting with section 1 https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ummarized#The_Saints_Cross_The_Hyperdimension

3 issues.)

1.) This is actually an infinite speed feat. There is at least 1, and arguably 2 infinite sized realms within Hades Underworld.

2.) The other issue with this feat is that it would only scale to 8th sense users.

3.) Literally how they travel through it happens entirely off screen. We do know teleportation and Portals do exist within the verse, and Guidebooks to say they used portals to actually get to the Underworld. So the ambiguity here should also be taken into account.

Section 2.) Hecate "Crossing" 1000 light years https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...s_Summarized#Hecate_Crossing_1000_Light_Years

this is another off screen feat, and Hecate is a witch who practices occult arts. Which among those abilities are Psychic Abilities which includes teleportation.

Section 3.) Everything wrong with the Ikki feat https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Matthew_Schroeder/Saint_Seiya:_Speed_Feats_Summarized#Ikki_Vs_Shaka:_A_monkey_in_Buddha's_Hand

1.) First off wrong size is being used. Literally stated on panel that Ikki moved a distance of 10^68 Kilometers. Literally the numbers are on the panel. Idk how you could miss that.

2.) This entire feat was an illusion, and he was straight up stated to not move at all

3.) This would literally scale to no one, except at absoulte best Ikki's Soul

4.) This feat would be an outlier because this is Pre-7th sense ikki doing this

Section 4.) The Nebula Chains https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Matthew_Schroeder/Saint_Seiya:_Speed_Feats_Summarized#Shun's_Nebula_Chain_Crossing_Saga's_Another_Dimension

this one is easy.

It used a portal, and every time we saw it it has used portals to move large distances. Arguably though it could be immeasurable speed due to Time Odessy;s most recent chapter by meh

Section 5.) "Universes away" https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...d#Saints_Exchange_Attacks_from_Universes_Away

This one is another easy one, this feat happened before an infinite multiverse was firmly established, but this feat is now Infinite speed and not finite

For this attack to go from 1 universe to another. We have no idea how close they are in proxmity to each other out of all the infinite universes, and this feat is being done in the Underworld which does have infinite sized realms. So no matter how you slice it. this is infinite speed

Section 6.) Context being left out with the Eris feat - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...#Eris_Pulls_Souls_to_the_Edge_of_the_Universe

Eris is pulling souls from the Underworld, which... as i have said has infinite sized realms

Section 7.) Thanatos and Poseidon calc - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...anatos_Attacks_From_Cross-Universal_Distances

again the same as above the underworld has infinite sized realms

Now for the fun one, the famous "Outrunning the big bang" feat

This is being used to scale base speed rating to 7th sense users (primarily gold saints)

how this was not Shura's base speed, but this was an Amp through a power called "Miracles" it was temporary and not at all a permanent upgrade

even if it was permanent it would only scale to Episode G - Assassins and Requiem characters due to special circumstances that make the characters actually stronger. Which would require separate profiles due to those narrative circumstances.

And then we have the Attack potency calculations

We should all know what is wrong with the Seiya Calculation. It has been an issue in the community for a long time. There is context within the story that does explain things, but... Yeah that doesn't look like atomization

not only that but we do see a contradiction here between this calc and another. That one is using Atomization to scale to character where as this other calc being used to scale other character is using VAPORIZATION

If Cosmo atomizes then all cosmo feats should, right?

The other issue is how the 2nd calc actually scales... which in short it doesn't. The character was building up power in the reactor, and its assuming that this is his base AP when he was slowly infusing power into it over time.

So yeah... doesn't scale to anyone.

Final message; (for this CRT lol

This is something supported by a lot of the users that partake frequently in the Saint Seiya threads, and there is a group of people whom have been working in sandboxes for new profiles. They are willing to remake the verse but they want to do it from scratch.

Agrees:

Disagrees:

Last edited:
Wow, but since they are going to renovate everything from scratch and create a beautiful, clutter-free profile, I automatically sign below.

It was a pleasure debating against you and together with you, see you later, brothers.

It depends, if majority of the users working on and wanting to fix the verse prefer to do so from scratch to to issues that can't be solved with it as it is then I can agree with nuking it. However if a number of users do not agree and can fix it without deleting the verse then I'm against the deletion.

I have a bad feeling that nuking the verse outright might be excessive.
I personally don’t want it deleted but, most of the “supporters” don’t actively engage in any threads for the series, and when they do it’s simply to oppose and then leave until they decide to show up again, and rinse and repeat. There’s only a few actually partaking and putting in the work(They know who they are) plus all of the outdated stuff simply adds to the whole thing. So might as well delete and build anew in the image of the people who actually put in the work, instead of whatever this mess is.

Last edited:
I feel this is kind of excessive? If the remake isn't carried out completely stuff will be lost? Maybe just remake it and then delete it?
This is a good idea. Place the revised version of the verse/characters in a sandbox then after those are checked and get the green light that can replace the current ones.

I agree that deleting the verse as it rn for a clean slate is the best course of action, the profiles are too far gone but some of the current ones (probably don't need to archive every single one since most of them share most abilities) should be archived as something to work from for a future remake

I agree that deleting the verse as it rn for a clean slate is the best course of action, the profiles are too far gone but some of the current ones (probably don't need to archive every single one since most of them share most abilities) should be archived as something to work from for a future remake
Seiyas profile should be archived probably

I disagree with some of the Saint Seiya stuff on this wiki, so I think it should be revised completely. I agree with the temporary exclusion.

No, Gold saints literally can’t scale to those possessed by gods. Saori who is comparable to them, is leagues stronger then a gold saint
Is this serious? I'm starting to believe it's going to be deleted because the fans don't know how to read.
I'm neutral but I just wanted to say that basically nothing that the op said was addressed, all that happened was "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT SHAKA IS ON THE LEVEL OF A GOD" when that wasn't even what the op was saying but rather that Hades in Shun's body should scale to Shaka instead of scaling to a Hades with full power.

Is this serious? I'm starting to believe it's going to be deleted because the fans don't know how to read.
Notice that your suggestion is scaling hades shun to shaka, which is exactly what I’m arguing against. At no point did I argue otherwise.

The plan as I understand it is to start from Classic and scale in accordance with the currently accepted canon blog and go from there, the time frame is unknown but a lot of calcs need fixing for the lower tiers so it could take a bit

It's funny anyone opposing the Shaka upgrade thread is told they can't read because the OP mentions Shaka scaling to Shun-Hades only when LW Hades fodderized god cloths. And seeing as the canon crt states that there's only 1 true Hades in the multiverse, we would either have to be arguing Shaka scales above God Cloths, or just that Classic Shunades wasn't at full power, both prevent any real scaling for Shaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back