• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delete this verse, please, and thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a total deletion is found to be an exaggeration, I heavily support deleting all but the 7 key profiles mentioned In an earlier comment.
Most verse supporters agree with some type of deletion too its not a minority

@Agnaa @Antvasima I know I can't tag but this is something that I need to bring to your attention as I've just found this.

In one of the verse blogs, there's a link my VPN and internet security service has flagged as potential malware.

the nartuoforums link

The same link is present on Capricorn Shura's profile under the speed section

I'm not sure if it's actually dangerous, however, the link should probably be removed or investigated either way.

@Agnaa @Antvasima I know I can't tag but this is something that I need to bring to your attention as I've just found this.

In one of the verse blogs, there's a link my VPN and internet security service has flagged as potential malware.

the nartuoforums link

I'm not sure if it's actually dangerous, however, the link should probably be removed or investigated either way.
We typically don't accept calcs from NarutoForums anyway iirc. Moreover, the scans are broken + calc itself was made almost 8 years ago and is clearly very outdated. At the very least it would need to be remade into a User_Blog, so I have removed it from the blog and the page.

the nartuoforums link

Okay. It seems fine to remove it then, or to update it to "fanverse" instead.

We typically don't accept calcs from NarutoForums anyway iirc. Moreover, the scans are broken + calc itself was made almost 8 years ago and is clearly very outdated. At the very least it would need to be remade into a User_Blog, so I have removed it from the blog and the page.
Yes, that is much preferable. Thank you. 🙏

if it would help, I could list these pages that I'm referring to and if anyone has time they can give them a glance. No cosmology information are on any of the profiles.

These are the Lost Canvas (spin-off not in the main continuity), the top page is a god and one of the primary antagonists and he doesn't even have an AP justification. There's no value to keeping these pages, they even scale off character in a different continuity.

I personally do not mind that solution, combined with temporary unknown statistics for other pages, and gradual revisions.
If you don't mind removing spinoffs with no bearing on the classic profiles, does this also include the anime-only profiles? I think those should be deleted first if anything to be honest

I do not know.

Can you explain further, Hasty?
This goes back to what I was saying about deleting some of the profiles not in the main continuity.

Not only do they not have any bearing on scaling whatsoever, the profiles I linked above have like 5 scans between them and they’re not even from the manga the characters are from.

At this stage I’d be very content if mods weighed in on changing all the verse statistics to unknown, including AP and speed etc and if we could get some opinions on removing the calculation blogs from the verse page.

I don't want to spam, however, I have prepared a CRT that will follow this one that will start the long process of healing the verse.

Right now I'm in full support of changing all the verse ratings to unknown (in accordance to Ants suggestion) to stop the spread of misinformation, with the purpose of gradually fixing the ratings, scaling and overall quality of our pages. I'm willing to drop any arguments regarding deleting pages, as I recognise there will eventually be spin-off profiles and anime profiles anyway, however keeping them as is doesn't help with the spread of misinformation and it will be a while before those pages are fixed.

For the time being, I propose every rating on the pages be replaced with:

"Unknown (The verse is currently undergoing site-wide revisions, this page will be updated soon)" or something like that

If @Agnaa and other mods could comment on their opinion for this option as opposed to the 3 suggestions pertaining to deleting the profiles entirely that would be amazing.

I personally do not mind that solution, combined with temporary unknown statistics for other pages, and gradual revisions.

I would prefer not removing those profiles, but use of unknown statistics seems fine.
For the time being, I propose every rating on the pages be replaced with:

"Unknown (The verse is currently undergoing site-wide revisions, this page will be updated soon)" or something like that

If @Agnaa and other mods could comment on their opinion for this option as opposed to the 3 suggestions pertaining to deleting the profiles entirely that would be amazing.
"Every" rating seems a bit too extreme. I doubt that every single statistic on every character is flawed. And even if they are, you'd need to substantiate that first.

From a quick read, it seems like the OP argued against 8 of the 9 calcs in one of the speed blogs, and one of the AP blogs. Why would 3-C, Low 2-C, 2-C, Transonic, High Hypersonic, Infinite, Class 100, and Multi-Stellar need to be removed?

All of those stats are just from one page I opened at random btw.

3-C, Low 2-C
cross continuity scaling
Multi-Stellar
only valid for continuities/timelines that currently don't have profiles
Transonic, High Hypersonic, Infinite
these are invalid for other reasons regarding scaling and invalid calcs

This one is alright as far as I know

And I'll be honest, not sure where class 100 comes from.

Of all the major profiles, the only valid feat as far as the accepted canon is concerned is Hades' 2-C rating (which is where Seiya gets it from).

Well yeah, then just, go through all the statistics you want to change to Unknown, give explanations sufficient to convince knowledgeable members of the verse and staff members that they're unreliable, and then the ones that are accepted can be changed.

But if someone suggests an alternate rating for them to be swapped out to, I'd prefer moving to that over Unknown.

Really, is there no baseline we can have? To make the profiles like Unknown, at least {tier}?

Really, is there no baseline we can have? To make the profiles like Unknown, at least {tier}?
Ok, AP ratings would require some calcs, but we could do something like this:

Pegasus Bronze Cloth | Silver Saint Arc | 7th Sense | 8th Sense | Pegasus God Cloth | 9th Sense (Overture)

AP: unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, 2-C, 2-C
Speed: mach 1, unknown at least mach 1, light speed, light speed, unknown at least light speed

Seems mostly good, but didn't you say that the 9th sense key doesn't/shouldn't exist? Why not just delete it then?

Seems mostly good, but didn't you say that the 9th sense key doesn't/shouldn't exist? Why not just delete it then?
I have a CRT that I was gonna release after this one ended that fixed some of those issues.

I understand this is both an unusual and big ask to allow the profiles to be in such a state for a period of time whilst we heal the verse. However I have convinced myself to start fixing the verse regardless of the outcome of this CRT.

If anything is to happen as a result of this CRT it would be for staff to input on future Saint Seiya CRTs and to not allow them to die, so we can fix the profiles.

This goes back to what I was saying about deleting some of the profiles not in the main continuity.

Not only do they not have any bearing on scaling whatsoever, the profiles I linked above have like 5 scans between them and they’re not even from the manga the characters are from.
Okay. That seems fine to me then.

Okay. That seems fine to me then.
Could you tag a couple staff members to finish this thread off?

I believe the current suggestions are:

1) leave profiles as is

2) don’t delete any profiles but replace some of the ratings with some unknowns/more accurate temporary ratings.

3) delete some of the not so relevant profiles to reduce workload and leave the rest as is.

Correct me if I’m wrong on any of these.

Personally, since yesterday, and I speak for myself here, am now indifferent to the suggestions above and will work on fixing the profiles by myself if I have to. I won’t push for a thread closure as the OP has expressed their opinion to comment, however I do have a minor revision planned a fair amount more in the pipeline to start fixing these profiles and would like to get that moving once this revision is over.

Could you tag a couple staff members to finish this thread off?

I believe the current suggestions are:

1) leave profiles as is

2) don’t delete any profiles but replace some of the ratings with some unknowns/more accurate temporary ratings.

3) delete some of the not so relevant profiles to reduce workload and leave the rest as is.

Correct me if I’m wrong on any of these.

Personally, since yesterday, and I speak for myself here, am now indifferent to the suggestions above and will work on fixing the profiles by myself if I have to. I won’t push for a thread closure as the OP has expressed their opinion to comment, however I do have a minor revision planned a fair amount more in the pipeline to start fixing these profiles and would like to get that moving once this revision is over.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Ultima_Reality @LordGriffin1000 @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkGrath

Are any of you willing to help out here please?

Personally I support deleting the blatantly inaccurately sourced non-canon profiles, and mostly giving the rest unknown statistics until they have been properly revised.

I already gave my thoughts on the first page and that was to just construct the revised paged in a sandbox and then make a thread that implements said changes on to the current poor quality profiles but I guess deleting the more terrible ones is fine..

I don't know how I can help beyond my thoughts on how to handle. I do not know the verse enough to know a full decision. I just think deleting the verse and the main characters would be going far. But don't mind deleting a bunch of minor characters yeah.

Since staff are leaning towards not doing anything/deleting minor profiles and I'm the second most impatient person in the world after my mother, I will release my first CRT fixing the verse later today.

I have spoken with the OP offsite and they have indicated they will comment here tomorrow, however, neither likely outcome will effect my CRT so I'll release that when it's ready.

Since staff are leaning towards not doing anything/deleting minor profiles and I'm the second most impatient person in the world after my mother, I will release my first CRT fixing the verse later today.

I have spoken with the OP offsite and they have indicated they will comment here tomorrow, however, neither likely outcome will effect my CRT so I'll release that when it's ready.
Mmkay
I'm waiting for that

Could you clarify what profiles you think are minor?

I assume its the mentioned ones like all the anime profiles, and very few of the manga ones?

@Hasty12345

Do you have any updates regarding your progress here, or links to pages that should be deleted according to what was decided here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back