• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They are generally. If not for Gems what are they?

I'm pretty sure we've only seen one cluster in the show though and they're only used to destroy planets overtime rather than combat.

Gems only have partial resistence to soul manipulation on Gem Physiology and they are alive. It's listed it can still work.

Light, just like all other Gem tech

The Cluster doesnt destroy planets over time, it destroys them all at once, hell its strong enough to destroy the Earth just by waking up and will dwarf the Earth at full size

Resistance to conventional soul manipulation, you'd need to prove that Tyranids have soul has that works on things without souls in order to argue that it would work on Gems

Light is essentially a electromagnetic radiation which is energy. I think Gems are made out of light too so they'd get absorbed.

The Cluster was in earth for millenia and didn't do anything. It was in Earth's mantle. Apparently there's an incubation period and the Gems had to stop it before it actually came out.

Resistence not immunity so it will still work just because they're made out of light doesn't mean they don't have souls. Tyranid soul destruction is essentially destroying someones shadow in the Warp which is much more than a soul.

Homeworld has an active Cluster

Im sorry but no, the discussion that had the current description for their resistance agreed that you would need to show that you can soul hax things that do not conventionally have souls in order to be able to soul has the Gems as they do not have souls in the traditional sense due to being inanimate objects.

Eating them implies that theyre able to catch them which isnt happening as theyre Hypersonic+ to the Gems' Relativistic

I read the wiki and it said this -

"Gem reproduction is apparently reliant on what is termed as "life energy". Injectors function by extracting life energy from their surroundings and infusing it into gemstones, creating Gems. This suggests that magic is reliant on ambient energy and that it is a substance present in all beings, organic or otherwise."

I think it's fair to say they're made out of energy. Or life energy of some sort. Therefore Gems will get absorbed. They will likely be manipulated by the psykers too as a form of energy.

Also, I see people are still bringing up the Hive Mind as being able to help the Tyranids, I'm gonna need some confirmation on that cause I was looking through an older Thread of the Tyranids vs the SCP Foundation, and Azathoth seemed to suggest the Hive Mind doesn't interfere with what the Tyranids are doing, so I don't think it would help tem here.

As far as I am aware Tyranids are all extensions of the hive mind, it thinks for them and directs them.

I simply do not agree that a White Light will be able to kill a million Tyranids, and a million is a generous number since Gems aren't all focused on combat and there likely aren't nearly as many White Lights as there are Gems, meaning it will likely be far more than a million Tyranids per White Light.

In any case, the Tyranids still have creatures such as Bio-Titans which should be comparable to White Lights as they are in the same tier. Given Tyranids are so numerous they may even have more of them than Gems have White Lights (but once again I am simply looking things up as I go, so if Bio-Titans are so rare that there are only a few of them feel free to correct me).

Homeworld has a Cluster? When was this established?

White Light is High 6-A. The vast, vast majrity of Tryanids dont go beyond High 6-C. Its really, really not that hard to understand how a single White Light would decimate the Tyranid forces.

Ive asked for it before and i'll ask it again, how far into High 6-A are the High 6-A tyranids?

WeeklyBattles said:
Homeworld has an active Cluster
I'm on break at work which is going to end soon so I'm not going to be able to respond and honestly I have stopped caring about his match, as it always makes me way too anxious when Weekly is in threads (sorry about that, I don't want that to be taken as an insult), however 1: why has speed not been Equalized the strongest Tyranids (5-A and 5-B) have FTL combat speeds while all gems have Rel combat speeds which makes this a mismatch on both sides for many reasons. 2: and the reason I quoted Weekly at the beginning of this comment: which Cluster are you referring to, because the Cluster on Earth is not apart of the Homeworld empire. It's both trapped bubbled in Earth, and attacked Homeworld the only time they shared screen time.

I'm more asking about the Cluster for reason other than thread (future threads and personal curiosity).

The speed equalized part because right now this thread is a mess because of the speed differences and any other thread would have had the speed equalized almost immediately, but this thread is still going for no reason. If the gems win due to blitzing than its a stomp and should be closed.

@Weekly simply being more powerful than something doesn't mean you can beat a bunch of them. A million ants could kill a human just fine.

All I know is that according to their entry in the Tyranids profile Bio-Titans are possibly high 6-A. There's also the Bio-Ships, which are marked as High 6-A, and as far as I'm aware they have a lot of those as those are their method for traveling from planet to planet.

@Weekly

This was answered before, the Gems are a way higher part of High 6-A (35 petatons vs 14-18 petatons).

Neat, unfortunately that a) goes directly against the tiering system and b) implies that a White Light is only capable of punching and kicking when it has numerous large AoE attacks that canonically fodderize other High 6-As

I would appreciate a number if you dont mind.

@Holy Okay then yeah a White Light would make short work out of anything other than the tier 5 Nids, and stuff like the Diamond Warships would be overkill.

@Weekly how large? Because it's going to have to be pretty large to kill millions with each shot, and once again there should be far more than a million Tyranids for every White Light. What did the White Light fodderize?

Weekly Okay, then how is it that these White Lights didn't wipe out all of the Crystal Gems?

What about the Bio-Ships, which Tyranids should have significantly more of than there are Gems, let alone White Lights?

Edit: Okay, now that it's several hundred meters and not planetary it makes more sense, but that still means that it shouldn't be able to stand up to significant numbers, and the Tyranids will eventually pick up on the range of the White Lights and respond accordingly.

Because Rose fought them off. White Lights canonically shattered hundreds of thousands of Gems every time they were used, they devastated Rose's forces. The White Light you fight in-game also is entirely capable of oneshotting Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, and the only thing capable of blocking its attacks is Steven's shield.

Gems have ships that are thousands of times more powerful.

A million high 6-Cs will be nothing but a minor nuisance to a High 6-A as strong as a Light, youre severely overestimating the Tyranids here my guy.

@Weekly you're referring to the Diamond ships, correct? They only have 4 of those. It seems you and me have completely different opinions of how much numbers matter, and I'm not sure either of us will be convincing the other otherwise. I still have other reasons for thinking Tyranids will win, namely intelligence and adaptability. Gems both don't seem to make the most effective use of their technology (as shown by them not utilizing strategies suggested throughout here, such as duplicating Diamond ships or the White Lights), and are very slow to change.

In any case it seems the thread might be locked due to the speed difference. It was very interesting talking about this, as it was more or less my first debate, and you do bring up very interesting points.

@Weekly light is a form of energy. I don't know how Tyranids energy manipulation works, but if it does work on types of energy other than life it should work on Gems (unless it specifically does not work on light).

@Cinnabar they can use biomass from dead Tyranids.

EmperorRorepme said:
Gems are literally made from absorbing Life Energy.
Absorbing life energy from an outside source =/= having life energy

Gems are inanimate objects, they are rocks, they dont have life energy and they are not alive

Also

Reactive Evolution (Many Tyranids can adapt to become more and more resistant to whatever they are faced with over time, and as Tyranids are birthed by the Hive Mind, they develop new abilities and evolve to become more resistant to whatever opponent they are facing)

Regular Nids come back stronger and more resistant each time.

WeeklyBattles said:
Absorbing life energy from an outside source =/= having life energy

Gems are inanimate objects, they are rocks, they dont have life energy and they are not alive
The life energy is what lets them be able to move around, think and generally be something that isn't a rock. They most definitely contain life energy

Back