• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok scratch that.

Where did you check? I checked the wiki and it said that life force was infused into the Gems.

Ok let me just condense my reasons.

Their life energy gets passively absorbed passively by billions of huge 5-B Nids. Literally the only thing Gems have to take that out if a Cluster which take millenia to work for one and two I only know the existence on one cluster in the verse. Also the Cluster is made out of Gem shards which are made out of light so they get either absorbed or manipulated for the Genestealers.

Even if they don't have life energy they're still absorbed because they're light. So nothing changes.

Nids just respawn stronger and resistant everytime they're taken out which overtime means they'll overtake the Gems.

The Harmony Core is useless while the Tyranids have at least millions of Hive Tyrants and they control the rest of the fleets which are quadrillions. So I don't see how Gems don't get mindhaxed.

Swarmlords land on the planet blitz everyone and destroy everything.

I think I've had to say literally a few times to change the profiles because of stuff that seems to contradict what is said on profiles, or the profiles are just worded very badly at least for Gem stuff.

If Gems have resistance, they don't have immunity to soul resistance is that simple. If the description mentions "life" energy directly then life energy doesn't stop being a thing because "rocks", that's absurd. Either get that profile changed or don't use excuses of " rocks", if the show has living rocks they are living rocks, if they are made with living energy there's zero reason at all to assume they suddenly lack that energy.

@Sir Gems do not have souls and do not have life force, they are inanimate objects. You need to be able to soul hax inanimate objects that do not have souls in order to be able to soul hax them.

Gems are not living rocks. They are just rocks.

If you think they should have a life force then make a CRT about it because it was already extensively discussed that they do not.

If you think they should have a life force then make a CRT about it because it was already extensively discussed that they do not.

Drop the thread. Also if we have overwhelming evidence for our case since when do we need to make a CRT that will last for days with the same argument "Gems do not have souls and do not have life force, they are inanimate objects" without actually refuting whats said.

In the meantime, Swarmlords get their asses handed to them by the Cluster busting the planet, and Gems have a TON of MFTL+ tech so i dont exactly see how the Swarmlords are going to be blitzing everything the Gems have to offer

EmperorRorepme said:
Drop the thread. Also if we have overwhelming evidence for our case since when do we need to make a CRT that will last for days with the same argument "Gems do not have souls and do not have life force, they are inanimate objects" without actually refuting whats said.
Since this wiki was created. Every revision needs a CRT. And you taking a single out of context line that is contradicted dozens of times in the show and repeating it over and over again is not overwhelming evidence, it is a strawman.

Why would they not be able to use it?

Also Gems have FTL feats so no theyre not being blitzed any time soon

Explain how the line is out of context. And how it's contradicted. It is overwhelming becausre you haven't refuted it. You keep stating the same thing over and over. "Gems are rocks".

Where did millions of Swarmlords come from? I said they can probably have more than one active, but that was in the context of one being BFR'd and another being generated to replace it, not in the context of millions of Swarmlords at once, which is PURE wank.

The Doom of Malan'tai is also a mutant Zoanthrope; normal Zoanthropes are not like that and do not have that sort of potential.

If you have issues with feats and ratings, make a CRT rather than derail a thread.

"Millions of Swarmlords blitzing, having a feast."

You literally did. They're unlikely to deploy more than one to the same battlefield, only to different fronts, and would only redeploy if one was BFR'd or killed. However, the loss of such a major Synapse creature would cause much of the rest of the swarm to collapse and revert to animalistic behavior, or at least less ideal strategies.

The gems can likely stave off a Hive Fleet; I have no doubt that they could win multiple victories, but they would slowly be worn down by the vastly more numerous Tyranids.

Just "rocks" with emotions, a mind that can think, are directly said to be made by infusing a rock with life energy and reconfigure their flexible rock bodies.

You stating it doesn't change what the show shows, Weekly. You'd havw to ask me to act blind to have me believe thats"just rocks".

Ok my bad it was an exaggeration. With it being the entire species they will defintiely have more than one deployed. Even then what stops it from destroying the vast majority of Gems if not all?

Prom the voice of reason

Though i do have to ask, how exactly would they be worn down? Once they see that theyr ground troops are gradually becoming physically outmatched in the AP department by the Tyranids creating more and more high 6-Cs to replace the weaker members that get fodderized, the Gems would opt to pull back and let the Lights take over, which are strong enough to fodderize basically everything other than a mutant Zoanthrope or a Sawrmlord, and if they get pushed back enough there's a very good chance they would just call the planet a loss and use a Geoweapon to destroy it as a whole

Having the planet destroyed would constitute being worn down. They'd lose gems and Lights there, and while the Tyranids would lose quite a bit too, there's billions of Tyranid ships with much, much more Tyranids to deliver.

They get respawned with more strength and resistence and come back. Swamlord is too fast to be tagged by anything they have and continues to cut down. Lights and other weaponry isn't taking them all out and they will continue to swarm.

@Prom The lights can just fly into space, and Gems have multiple means of getting off-planet at a moment's notice if they need to

As for the ships, Gem ships are immensely stronger, especially stuff like the Diamond warships

That doesn't matter all that much when they're outmatched in the billions, by ships that have ways to circumvent durability and can carry invasion fleets of similarly haxed creatures into a ship.

Tyranids are prepared to play the very, very long game.

Promestein said:
That doesn't matter all that much when they're outmatched in the billions, by ships that have ways to circumvent durability and can carry invasion fleets of similarly haxed creatures into a ship.
White Lights oneshot all of their ships

Infinite stamina =/= infinite population

They also definitely get tired in fights and stuff

Actually it does seeing as Replicator Wands and the Glass of Time exist

No actually they dont, they have numerous staetments of being able to keep fighting forever if they want, they dont require food, oxygen, or sleep to function, and are stated to have an infinite energy source within their gemstones.

Back