• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Corruption Type 1..

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Since Corruption Type 1 is more influencing people to join the user with words and being persuasive, shouldn't we remove Type 1 and count this as Social Influencing instead?

Corruption Type 1 is not really a power Type 2 or 3 are.

And a suggestion for the picture

Oryx TakenKing.jpg

Reading the page, yeah that sounds pretty much like Social Influecing.

It even says that it's not a "supernatural" power, just something about swaying someone to the dark side or do bad things or whatever.

Agree on the removal.

I agreed with the removal, as well. I will removed Type 1.

Edit: It is done.

Is that wise? Quite a lot of pages would need to have their types updated from this change.

I didn't change the Type numbers but I asked Promestei on her opinions regarding the Type 2 and 3 changes to Type 1 and 2.

We would have to change them, and update all the profiles that link to the Corruption page. I think that it seems much more convenient to keep type 1 in this case, even though it overlaps with Social Influencing.

The image in the page is some fanart, the gif above should be used instead.

So, should we revert your old edit in the meantime?

I think it is fine to do so. I want to see Promestein's inputs later on it.

@Elizhaa

Okay. I reverted your edit.

@Elizio33

I don't think that what happens in the gif seems intuitively clear to a casual visitor. My apologies. Other suggestions are welcome though.

There are almost 1000 pages that would all have to be updated due to this, and for very limited gain when we are already very busy with several other more important tasks. I honestly do not think that performing this change is remotely worth the required time and effort, which could be much better spent helping out elsewhere.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/index....Here&limit=1000&target=Corruption&namespace=0

Does somebody have a suggestion for a better image or gif to use?

Back