• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trafalgar Law vs Obito Uchiha

Both anime characters with tragic pasts, lost there loved ones and temporarily followed the foot steps of ambitious evil master minds (Really hope the thread remains civil)

F297B78A-3D5E-4A2D-BC58-A456A0CF9223
Speed equalized

7-A versions

Obito with Tobi's ablites is used.

Damn that's a shame.

I guess I could restrict genjutsu to have something happen but then it won't be added

Guess I'll think about it.

Shambles and Tact would play a bigger role than usual. As well as AOE. Sharingan would predict Law's moves normally, but Law lives in a verse where Observation Haki is a thing so it isn't too out of the ordinary for him. And unlike observation haki, Sharingan can't predict teleportation since it relies on watching muscle movements. Assuming they're both fighting in character, the fight doesn't start with Genjutsu for Obito. Law would defintiely start with a huge AOE room. He would most likely go for Amputate slashes from where he's standing. Obito predicts them and either A.) Dodges their trajectory just for caution or B.) Doesn't dodge as he doesn't percive it as an actual attack but showing off. Lets go with A. Law notices him dodging and figures he has observation or something similar. Obito will probably be ready to use Kamui on reaction after seeing Law's slashes cut apart things at the edge of the room (if they do cut anything). Law can win at this phase if he uses Shambles into basically any of his moves before Obito uses Kamui. But if its after, Law would be trying to figure out what his ability is and move back to try more various DF based moves. He wouldn't figure out 5 minutes right away, but it would be harder for Obito to hit him than him to hit Obito in the end. If Obito slips up once he loses, but Law can take Obito's hits without getting one shotted. If Obito uses gen though, then rip. But the thing is Obito rarely uses Genjutsu in fights in character so its hard to say if it'll end like that.

Obito has intangibility. Why would he jsut let law hit him? As well as the fact that he uses the phasing more than anything and it works damn near instantaneous I think.

Also if Obito realizes that it's hard to hit law he would resort to genjutsu tbh. If it's not restricted yet but he would leave room with Kamui, attack from a distance or use genjutsu him if his barrack aren't working.

Let's not forget Obito can reflect attacks with the Fan.

Not postive if Obito can reflect something thats dura negating or spatial based. I'm not sure if Obito has the proper feats of being able to detect a spatial slash thats intangible and has no travel time. Obviously Obito can get around this via Kamui however it cant last forever and the same could be said for Laws room. Not sure who id vote for in this case, but if Genjutsu is allowed then I'd vote for Obito. If not I'd say incon since both have abilities that'll allow for them to one shot each other.

I meant obit could reflect tact if it's energy and he for sure can reflect gamma knife.

But yeah this is a good fight

Tact's not energy. It's just levitation.

Gamma Knife and Counter Shock are reflectable tho.

ngl I didn't except the come around arguments and I'm super happy since I find this ah interesting match.

AstralKing7 said:
Obito has intangibility. Why would he jsut let law hit him? As well as the fact that he uses the phasing more than anything and it works damn near instantaneous I think.
Also if Obito realizes that it's hard to hit law he would resort to genjutsu tbh. If it's not restricted yet but he would leave room with Kamui, attack from a distance or use genjutsu him if his barrack aren't working.

Let's not forget Obito can reflect attacks with the Fan.
There's a good chance that Obito wouldn't know what a good deal of Law's moves do. Since Sharingan is more prediction than pre cog (based on muscle movements), he would look at Law seemingly attacking nothing with moves like Amputate or Injection Shot. That being said there's also a chance Obito can figure something is up and try dodging the path of the slashes or using Kamui to cover himself from any attack. As for the Intangability, yea there's a chance he can use it, but he can't use it for as long as Law can use ROOM as Obito has a hard cap of 5 min. And while he's like that he can't attack either, unless Law is right in range for close quarters. The thing about Law is that he isn't afraid to spam his ability and fight at a distance, but he's also not afraid to fight up close either. Obito (If I remember correctly) doesn't have any way to one shot Law for the definitive win. Kamui BFR gives Law enough time to shambles away, or even counterattack with counter shock or potenitally even Gamma Knife while he's at least partially tangible. Or even easier an amputate slash. It's like the case of, Obito can run for a while but he can't hide forever ever. Taking one hit from Law can almost mean GG while Law taking hits from him doesn't seem to be as bad.

Unless its a Genjutsu GG......

Obito isn't the type to sit there and just wait in character. While he does spam Kamui to be intangible, he also actively fights rather than stays back and runs. When he attacks, he's gonna have to be solid at some point. Even if he decides to stay at mid to long range to attack, he can potentially be hit from any range inside the ROOM. The winner is basically decided by if Law can tag Obito once with his DF ability active before Obito can do enough damage to or incap him

He very much does just let shit pass through him while he just looksnat enemies, taunts them and laughs in their face, and you are using his Tobi personality here.

That, and the simply fact that Obito would just step away the moment he sees a fireball or kunai thrown from a few hundred meters (because he will use a ranged attack against an enemy that far away) get warped away. He isn't a melee fighter ever except with Kakshi, which was when he wanted a hand through his chest.

Obito is literally a melee fighter. Obito bd Fuu and Terume. Obito vs Minato, Obito vs mist ninja, Obito vs Naruto and might Guy. I think people are confusing obitos shownings ƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å.

I don't want to be one of those people who go "LOL gg hax" Without thinking about the battle any further. But is there any real way this character could feasibly counter Kamui? Or a Mangekyou Genjutsu? Obito has a Genjutsu that can control a Perfect Jinjurichi, and Killer B was convinced that was impossible.

Obito win w / Mid Diff

Obito put Yagura, a Perfect Jinchuuriki, into a genjutsu for years.
Can become intangible. Can copy the 2 most common Hakis with Sharingan.
Can reflect energetic attacks with the Fan or absorb them.
Can use Rinnegan's powers.
Can increase your speed with Shushin.

oof this is intresting, ima go with obito because the kamui timer resets even if he drops it for 1 second, mix that in with the fact that obito has mind hax, izanagi if he happens to die and the rinnegan summonings if we allow that he should take it

although if law can pull a minato and teleport at the last second and hit obito that would be dope

I think he meant do something similar, like how sharigan and rinnegan precog is something like OH, and how putting chakra into your attacks can buff them (tsunade sakura etc)

Sharingan and Observation doesn't work the same. One it's Analytical Prediction, the other is outright Precognition. The former page was added to state the difference between both abilities.

Is there any way Law can actually hit him? If there's not concieveable, possible way he could win, then doesn't that make it a mismatch?

Haki are literally techniques that any living being inherently possess and can awaken, only by training them. And I have never seen a rule that says Haki is impossible to copy and does not enter the Equalization of Verses.

There are 0 reasons why the Haki's, especially the Armaments, can't be copied. One is a power and the other is the mimicry of powers. That is, this is the first time I see everyone within OPVerse having resistance to Power Mimicry.

If there is this rule in Wikia, I'm fine with that, I would just like to read it. If not, Obito can copy.

Read the verse page, dude.

"For cross-verse matchup battles, logia Devil Fruit users are susceptible to attacks that are capable of catching them off guard, bypassing their Regenerationn, countering their elemental intangibility (ex: fire melting ice) or directly attacking the soul. Verse equalization does not grant an opponent from another verse the ability to utilize haki against a logia user. It was discussed here."

What is saying there is that having the same energy does not guarantee you a skill used by that energy. How to say that Bleach x Naruto, Madara / Naruto and etc could exercise Reiatsu.

Here we are talking about Power Mimicry and a technique being copied by skill. Where has a rule saying that Haki cannot be copied by Power Mimicry?

I have read and are saying something about "not everyone who can use Chakra and etc (supernatural aspects of each verse) can hurt the Logias and etc, because Verse Equalization". And I agree with that! But this is a different topic.

I think this would need more discussion tbh and staff input tbh. I see where calc is coming from because haki is not energy. I also understand that the sharingan lets u copy physical skills as well

Tbh something VERY similar to haki was done in dbz, remember when goku hardened his finger to block trunks attacks (armament), and when he knee trunks wasnt gonna attack cuz he felt no evil intent within him (observation) Not saying its 100% similar but we probably will find out haki is just another form of energy

FloweryAlex said:
He very much does just let shit pass through him while he just looksnat enemies, taunts them and laughs in their face, and you are using his Tobi personality here.
That, and the simply fact that Obito would just step away the moment he sees a fireball or kunai thrown from a few hundred meters (because he will use a ranged attack against an enemy that far away) get warped away. He isn't a melee fighter ever except with Kakshi, which was when he wanted a hand through his chest.
Mist Ninja, Minato, Foo and Torune, Konan, Kakashi/Guy/Killer B/Naruto, Kakashi alone which is the time you mentioned. The only time he didn't try to fight was when he had no intentions of actually fighting and simply talked, taunted or provided backup. Against people he actually were actively fighting he never just stayed on defense and tried attacking at close range too. Obito literally can't win if he's not up close and in all of those fights he never used Genjutsu. It's not in character for him to use so I assume it'll only be something he uses when pressured.

Also as for Haki, Haki is based on willpower and spirit. Chakra is utilized by physical and spiritual energy. Sharingan works by analyzing the chakra flow internally as well as hand signs which aid in the flow of chakra. The sharingan user gets to see exactly how it works an mimics it skipping the testing process of the training phase. As far as we know, OP characters don't have an internal haki system to copy as its completely willpower based. I'm not sure how Obito would be able to use the sharingan to copy using a willpower/spirit based energy to utilize armament hardening or precog/sensing intent/predicting the future when the Sharingan's copying of jutsu work by reading the flow of the internal chakra systems.

Also people seem to forget that if Obito stays intangible he literally won't be able to harm Law so he kinda has to become tangible in order to attack. Law really only has to land 1 hit to incapacitate and secure the win, while Obito can't one shot Law with anything. He can win with Genjutsu but looking back on all of his fights, Obito basically never uses genjutsu in battle in character which leads me to assume it'll only be a last resort. But since Law really only needs one hit he might not even get a chance. Law can use shambles and tact on Obito to displace him and set him up to land a blow or pull a Minato provided he figures out how Obito's ability works. Added on to the fact that he has Observation haki could potentially make this swing in his favor, though to be fair we don't know how his works specifically. Its safe to assume its the standard combat applicable way. A safe assumption but still an assumption. And intangible people aren't exactly anything out of the ordinary, though the fact that haki doesn't work would be. So again it boils down to can Obito take out Law before Law hits him once, knowing what we know about both of them in character.

Back