• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Obito never used genjutsu in combat.
Obito unironically uses genjutsu more than anyone in the series besides Itachi. He started his fight with Minato by genjutsuing the Nine tails, he genjutsu'd Konan twice, Kakashi at the beginning of their fight, and Yagura for literal years. He even put Itachi in genjutsu in the Itachi novels. Also when Naruto and Minato were able to injure him when he was Juubito he instantly tried to start the infinite tsukuyomi.

Anyway I think I'll vote for Obito.

Even though Blast's AP and Reaction Speed are wayyyy higher than Obito's, it doesn't really matter here cause Obito's wincons are through hax that doesn't care for either of them lol

Anyway I think I'll vote for Obito.

Even though Blast's AP and Reaction Speed are wayyyy higher than Obito's, it doesn't really matter here cause Obito's wincons are through hax that doesn't care for either of them lol
Counted.

Obito unironically uses genjutsu more than anyone in the series besides Itachi.
But its still not a part of his fighting style.
He started his fight with Minato by genjutsuing the Nine tails,
He was not in an active battle with Minato when he Genjutsu'd Kurama. You are also forgetting that he did so because he essentially required the latter for his goals. Regardless, Genjutsu'ing Kyuubi says nothing of his Genjutsu prowess as Bijuu control is a part of MS.

aj5wAoW.jpg
he genjutsu'd Konan twice,
Once and after he had basically KO'd her.
Kakashi at the beginning of their fight,
This was not fighting exactly though, he did it to show his views. It is only after the Genjutsu, do they officially initiate the battle.

FFKpwWX.jpg
HicLWW5.jpg

and Yagura for literal years.
Ambiguous details. We are unaware of the exact circumstances.
He even put Itachi in genjutsu in the Itachi novels.
Fanfiction.

Genjutsu.

Itachi immediately dropped down into a defensive posture, while before his eyes, Yuki was frozen in place, standing rigidly straight. Through his skin, Itachi felt the people behind him freezing as well. The daimyo, his close aides, and the two Guardian Ninja had also been caught in the genjutsu.

“Oh ho, that there would be anyone who could dodge my genjutsu, hm?” In a flash, the voice of the buffoon of only moments ago was brimming with intelligence. The hole in the mask seized on Itachi.

“And that there would be two …” Itachi caught his breath at the fact that he was not the only one to avoid being caught up in the genjutsu.

- Itachi Shinden: Book of Daylight; pg.74

Itachi along with Tenma and Kakashi were the only three to avoid his genjutsu, he wasn't caught.
Also when Naruto and Minato were able to injure him when he was Juubito he instantly tried to start the infinite tsukuyomi.
Infinite Tsukuyomi was his entire objective. He did not try to do it because he was in active battle.

How likely and how long it would take for Blast to use his portals to fool Obito intangibility like Minato and Naruto did?

You don't need to be as smart as Naruto and Minato to realize that being Obito needs to not be intangible anymore in able to come in contact with something.

It's called common sense.
In the heat of the battle, i would not say it is something a character without previous knowledge would get it at first, especially if Obito try to hide it

During the Sasuke vs Itachi arc it took a while for +5 shinobis (Including Kakashi) understand his ability, definitely a average intelligence combatant would not get it by "common sense"

In the heat of the battle, i would not say it is something a character without previous knowledge would get it at first, especially if Obito try to hide it

During the Sasuke vs Itachi arc it took a while for +5 shinobis (Including Kakashi) understand his ability, definitely a average intelligence combatant would not get it by "common sense"
That's not a good comparison. Obito at that point was the goofy Tobi and rarely did anything that even remotely qualifies as offense. This does not carry over to when he is Obito and is fighting in all seriousness.

Torune and Fuu was able to figure out this aspect and even came up with a plan to exploit that. Had Obito not learned from his battle with Minato, he would have died then and there.

That's not a good comparison. Obito at that point was the goofy Tobi and rarely did anything that even remotely qualifies as offense. This does not carry over to when he is Obito and is fighting in all seriousness.

Torune and Fuu was able to figure out this aspect and even came up with a plan to exploit that. Had Obito not learned from his battle with Minato, he would have died then and there.
Fair point, but my main objection still stands

Figure out Obito's power is not simple common sense, it would take at least one or two failed hits to understand it and even more to counter it

Torune and Fuu were two and weren't able to do that, how likely is for Blast to use the portals to land a hit before Obito land one of his hax's on him?

Fair point, but my main objection still stands

Figure out Obito's power is not simple common sense, it would take at least one or two failed hits to understand it and even more to counter it

Torune and Fuu were two and weren't able to do that, how likely is for Blast to use the portals to land a hit before Obito land one of his hax's on him?
Not unless we believe Obito would go for Kamui GG right from the beginning and blast would simply stand there not even attempting to launch a counterstrike.

If Obito tries to Kamui him or attack him, Blast will likely try to counter it, which would lead him to find out that Obito can phase, he may even throw some extra attacks to observe this phenomenon and then easily realize that counteroffensive is his only option.

Now I am not really sure how Blast goes about winning this but Torune and Fuu were able to realize it fast enough without getting GG'd, I don't see any reason as to why Blast wouldn't.

Yeah, unfortunately Obito doesn't use Genjustu in battle (And for what i remember never used the human path of the rinnegan, that could also end the fight)

Because of that Blast would have a upper hand and most likely would win the fight, voting on him

The only Uchiha who actively uses Genjutsu in battle is Itachi and Sasuke. Madara has some instances where he does the same but it does not seem to be a part of his MO or something he relies upon frequently. Later iteration of Sasuke also refrains from using it, going for his other abilities more often than not.

Considering he has to touch Blast to hit with Kamui, and can only last 5 minutes, Blast could just BFR him and wait.

I'm going to vote for Obito. While Blast can react to Obito's attacks with ease, it'll be hard to land a solid hit due to Kamui. And while Obito isn't a genjutsu spammer all the time, he'd eventually try it so it would come down to if Obito would land his genjustu before Blast lands a solid hit. I think the former would happen before the later.

If we are talking about forth great ninja war obito, that means its obito with rinnegan and MS, obito’s biggest advantage is the kamui, it teleports you to a pocket dimension which no one else could get in without the user casting kamui on them, we haven’t seen muc he about blast’s powers in the one punch man manga but from we have seem, blast can create hyperspace portals, he can also travel to another dimension with these portals, this could be a great counter against kamui but it’s not conform if blast can travel to that dimension, we just don’t know much about blast and his feats so we can’t scale him very well, I would say obito would win high diff

Obito could win with his hax since y’all decided to equalize speed. Otherwise, blast just stomps dozens of times over before Obito knew what hit him the first time.

Back