• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Upgrades and Scaling Revisions (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Causality said:
It has taken almost 700 replies to something like that?
Confusion: 1000%
Just check Read This Post's comments and you'll arrive at the reason why this has stretched so long.

Not to mention that this thread has become an honest to god, annoyingly tiresome shit show of memes and highly irrelevant comments for a bit too long. At the very least it seems to have calmed down.

Read This Post seems to be the only vaguely rational poster in this whole thread. Everyone else are letting their biases severely cloud their judgment.

And even I don't agree with some of his ideas, like the notion that there are any tier 2 Touhou characters. Misinterpreting hyperbole and flowery language doesn't amount to proof.

Good point ngl. I wish we could come to an agreement soon so we can put this super long Upgrading and scaling revision to rest, or at least reserve somethings for later while we do the upgrades everyone made their yes on.

Tier 2 Touhou seems to be mostly unlikely, excluding possible Low 2-C with Yukari's boundary hax, though I'd argue this is more 3-A, High 3-A at best. If any Touhou character goes into Tier 2, it's probably Hecatia, since she's stated to be far beyond anyone in Gensokyo and the Lunar Capital, and is implied to be a good deal stronger than Eiki, who herself is implied to scale above Reimu, Yuyuko, and Yukari combined.

Malomtek said:
Read This Post seems to be the only vaguely rational poster in this whole thread. Everyone else are letting their biases severely cloud their judgment.
And even I don't agree with some of his ideas, like the notion that there are any tier 2 Touhou characters. Misinterpreting hyperbole and flowery language doesn't amount to proof.
There is only two people in the whole treat that argue, all the other post aren't related on the subject itself so dunno what "biase" you detected

Malomtek said:

First, you need to say what it's an hyperbole/flowery language.

Then, you need to explain why it's that flowery language, no arguments like "it's never showed", "metaphor" or the classic, "it's a NLF" are permitted.

Because it's very easy to say "flowery language" or "hyperbole", but explain why needs to have more structure and base ;(

Malomtek said:
Did you go over the thread that is previous to this one? it has details on why Touhou goes into Tier 2. If you want me to summarize I can go ahead and do so.

I don't think it will ever conclude.

And frankly, good. It should stay that way. At least the profiles won't be filled with nonsense.

I'll probably go and message Promestein so something can be done about this.

Edit: I'll go right away actually.

Ok. Since this got derailed to high heavens due to the problem about scaling arising. I propose we close this CRT until said issue has been solved.

We should make a thread specifically to discuss scaling. But it's better to wait a few weeks until everyone has rested enough from this mess.

I agree, but except the "few weeks" part. Perhaps we should wait until a certain time that is more than a week. Such as between 9/12 to 9/18.

Of course not, and that's not at all what I am saying. I'm literally referring to a date between 9-12-2019 to 9-18-2019. Look at your calendar bruh.

I suppose that sounds fine for now. I can get some other stuff out the way in the meantime in addition. As long as it doesnt take nearly a year to make the new one since i likely wont be here by that point.

If were making the upgrades, there are a few characters me and saikou did agree can be downgraded anyway. So they can be island level.

Read this post said:
I suppose that sounds fine for now. I can get some other stuff out the way in the meantime in addition. As long as it doesnt take nearly a year to make the new one since i likely wont be here by that point.
If were making the upgrades, there are a few characters me and saikou did agree can be downgraded anyway. So they can be island level.
We should just go ahead with the upgrades people agreed on as well. The Touhou 17 discussion might touch on that.

ÆONS said:
Read this post said:
We should just go ahead with the upgrades people agreed on as well. The Touhou 17 discussion might touch on that.
If Saikou is here he would say we can't upgrade the agreed characters only because the high 4C feat was by Suika

So if we are going to upgrade the agreed characters, we should make the non-agreed characters in unknown tier and let's agree that having so many characters at an unknown tier would be uncomfortable.

Lord JJJ said:
If Saikou is here he would say we can't upgrade the agreed characters only because the high 4C feat was by Suika

So if we are going to upgrade the agreed characters, we should make the non-agreed characters in unknown tier and let's agree that having so many characters at an unknown tier would be uncomfortable.
I my opininion it's better left the scaling as was originally proposed in the wiki, then make the scaling revisions to see who scales.

Creeplord said:
I my opininion it's better left the scaling as was originally proposed in the wiki, then make the scaling revisions to see who scales.
Yes, I also think that's the best thing to do

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Can we upgrade the ones everyone has agreed to scale?
We should honestly. It all would have been an even bigger waste of time if we did not.

Saikou said a couple days ago that he doesnt have time to update everything with his timeframe. Just wait for his response.

And all together

Kirai

Kirai

Loooviing~

(a a-a a a-a a)

Dare ga?

Dare ga?

Can't be alive without you?

Doushite

Naze kaaashiiraa

(a a-a a)

Why (why why why) don't I miss you a lot, foreveeer?

Tururururu~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back