• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 2: 17.5 Edition.

One thing.
Well actually two, just tried the Aqua Style Mystery dungeon based rouge like game. Not bad so far, (still a fan game so no scaling)

I just realized
So the master spark is High 3-A here right?
And Maria sometimes uses it to launch herself forward.
Infinite force, and Marisa’s finite mass=Infinite Speed.
Boom.

Huh... I’m not sure if that makes sense but I’m not a psychics person to dispute it. So I’ll just wait and see for someone to think this over. But if it goes through, I’ll back it.

Just dropping by to ask about Alice, particularly Time Manipulation, for causing the Eternal Night Incident??
Well, it’s more like Yukari causing it. It can only happen because of the funky nature of Gensokyo itself though, so definitely not combat-applicable

Touhou 18 - Unconnected Marketeers demo out now~!
__unnamed_cat_girl_touhou_drawn_by_step_arts__sample-75fe7b0549cf0f34a05863f6fef03445.jpg

Ye. The game so far is pretty good, and the card system have some neat potential in term of replayability and varied possibilities. The fight get harder than in Touhou 17 though, even at Normal

That’s just like, your opinion man. Personally 18 is the best in the series so far, spin-offs not included
Yes, it is my opinion, thanks for knowing that but how is 18 the best?
This franchise is basically repeating the same thing, shooting and fighting so it is hard to tell which one is the best in my opinion

Yep! And it also introduced a new top tier. Sigh here we go having to reorder the tiering again. It’s almost as if ZUN doesn’t like power scaling lol

Yep! And it also introduced a new top tier. Sigh here we go having to reorder the tiering again. It’s almost as if ZUN doesn’t like power scaling lol
Which one?

The Stage 4 Boss who was the God who made a bunch of magical items out of Dragon Gems, such as Reimu's Yin-Yang Orb, The Stage 5 Boss who made a deal with the weakened God of Marketeer, just for 'profit' and entertainment until she realized the said God of Markets started to pose a threat against Tengu's, The Stage 6 Boss who was using this incident to gain the power she lost, with the ability to put 'set rules' on the produced cards so they couldn't get stolen by people, the Stage 5-6-EX Midboss who was the mastermind that gave this idea, or the Stage EX Boss which is a walking Minecraft reference who is actually an Ōmukade, the Giant Centipede Youkai's that eats Dragons, which is stated in Touhou lore, she is being feared by even 'Dragons', the 'Highest God' class in Gensokyo. Casually eating Dragon Gems that were strong, strong enough that these cards were only forged with so little amount of it used, the rest was filled with magic. Ah, also, due to the spreading rumors from the ones that have encountered with her, not only dragons; but consider her as "The Strongest, Dragon-Eating Youkai" in rumors, therefore she is being feared of by a wide variety of Youkai's as well, besides Dragons themselves?

Which one?

The Stage 4 Boss who was the God who made a bunch of magical items out of Dragon Gems, such as Reimu's Yin-Yang Orb, The Stage 5 Boss who made a deal with the weakened God of Marketeer, just for 'profit' and entertainment until she realized the said God of Markets started to pose a threat against Tengu's, The Stage 6 Boss who was using this incident to gain the power she lost, with the ability to put 'set rules' on the produced cards so they couldn't get stolen by people, the Stage 5-6-EX Midboss who was the mastermind that gave this idea, or the Stage EX Boss which is a walking Minecraft reference who is actually an Ōmukade, the Giant Centipede Youkai's that eats Dragons, which is stated in Touhou lore, she is being feared by even 'Dragons', the 'Highest God' class in Gensokyo. Casually eating Dragon Gems that were strong, strong enough that these cards were only forged with so little amount of it used, the rest was filled with magic. Ah, also, due to the spreading rumors from the ones that have encountered with her, not only dragons; but consider her as "The Strongest, Dragon-Eating Youkai" in rumors, therefore she is being feared of by a wide variety of Youkai's as well, besides Dragons themselves?
Yeah I meant the EX boss.

Yep, a lot of top tier there. Though chitama power is pretty limited to what’s essentially merchandise and TCG, a correct usage of it gain her a lot of power on her hand.

Himemushi meanwhile is definitely the new top tier, on the level of Suika and Yukari at that. Though I does wonder if the reason she turn into a girl is to be more approachable...

Yeah I meant the EX boss.
Poor Momoyo, she was a cave digger before the incident, she still is a cave digger after the incident.

Yep, a lot of top tier there. Though chitama power is pretty limited to what’s essentially merchandise and TCG, a correct usage of it gain her a lot of power on her hand.

Himemushi meanwhile is definitely the new top tier, on the level of Suika and Yukari at that. Though I does wonder if the reason she turn into a girl is to be more approachable...
I believe this is one of the few characters that are strong without excessive hax in Touhou, lol. Though, we all may know as soon as we may get more lore, we will know more about her for sure.

She is yeah, one of the few "pure power" type we have in Touhou (well, that and the conceptual advantage against Dragon as well, so eh)

I dunno, that cards mechanic is fun to the point you can cheese some of the bosses

The music is kind of debatable tbh, however to me Sannyo theme is the best out of all the bosses

I dunno, that cards mechanic is fun to the point you can cheese some of the bosses

The music is kind of debatable tbh, however to me Sannyo theme is the best out of all the bosses
The music is always debatable everytime they’re release, it’s kinda like ZUN’s specialty to always have his music be a little bit hard to get used to before it’s good

How much is ZUN affiliated with it, if at all? Isn't that what kinda determines whether it's part of the true canon?

Share my recent revelations here, since kinda can’t find no where else.

I think Fantasy Heaven is probably an application of the Hakurei’s barrier technique. More specifically the Great Hakurei Barrier one that seperate reality and fantasy. I think Fantasy Heaven is like the Hakurei create a miniature version of such barrier around themselves, or that they use related barrier techniques to essentially seperate themselves from reality in any place, as known before.

It really isn’t anything big, but it’s noteworthy at least

Hey Should we made another thread for 17.5 ? ( for making people noticed there new one )
Cuz me and My friends found a lot of stuff in 17.5 including New Boss's info and ability !!!

Hey Should we made another thread for 17.5 ? ( for making people noticed there new one )
Cuz me and My friends found a lot of stuff in 17.5 including New Boss's info and ability !!!
You mean like how we essentially get a 2hu Kirby in that game?

Back