• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Why Doremy scaling or why 2-C Chain characters scale to 100+ universes? (Actually)
Via Doremy being able to manipulate dream souls, with each dream containing exact replicas of the otherworlds and other structures. Also the fact she's stated to be a pretty weak youkai.

Once I get a thread to 90%~ completion, I'll make a sandbox to see how it translates to VSBW's format, mainly to see how good spoiler tabs look. Think I'll keep the trend of having art at the top of every thread, maybe even some music to help set the vibe. Can't claim these revisions are as big as I say they are if they don't have the presentation to match, after all.
Oh yeah, I'm liking how this looks so far. The bullet point format also looks pretty nice for these simple ability addition thread, so I'll stick with that. Also, this will be the only thread with two header images because I felt like merging PoFV and MoF lol
image.png

Oh yeah, I'm liking how this looks so far. The bullet point format also looks pretty nice for these simple ability addition thread, so I'll stick with that. Also, this will be the only thread with two header images because I felt like merging PoFV and MoF lol
image.png
God damn, where did you get that ART from!? Never knew the Sanzu and Suwkao/Kanako duking it out could be so stunning!

God damn, where did you get that ART from!? Never knew the Sanzu and Suwkao/Kanako duking it out could be so stunning!
KanaSuwa source, Sanzu River source. I'll be sourcing every header image when the revisions come around (or linking to the original artist if the source is dead). It's been a lot of fun looking for fitting images for a lot of these threads, will probably be doing the same for music as well (was gonna include this Higan Retour cover since it's one of my favorites).

KanaSuwa source, Sanzu River source. I'll be sourcing every header image when the revisions come around (or linking to the original artist if the source is dead). It's been a lot of fun looking for fitting images for a lot of these threads, will probably be doing the same for music as well (was gonna include this Higan Retour cover since it's one of my favorites).
Now im asking why the Curse Gods are fighting Suwako.....i thought she like had them under her control before Kanako took over the Moriya Shrine?
Unless Kanako can also manifest them as well-

Now im asking why the Curse Gods are fighting Suwako.....i thought she like had them under her control before Kanako took over the Moriya Shrine?
Unless Kanako can also manifest them as well-
I'm sure there's a reason but it's probably too deeply ingrained in Japanese myth for me to know what it is.

I think I know where you're getting at. Could that also imply the possibility of divine spirits being omniscient?
As of one of the more recent LE chapters, maybe? I'd need to look a bit more closely into how magic power ties into intelligence, although I'm curious if we're even thinking of the same arguments.

As of one of the more recent LE chapters, maybe? I'd need to look a bit more closely into how magic power ties into intelligence, although I'm curious if we're even thinking of the same arguments.
It's difficult to describe but IIRC you mentioned a detail about all names, which probably includes all information there is about Touhou so to speak, coming from the nameless gods themselves when they gave names to form existence. This also leads to them having pretty much all of Touhou's abilities. They also exist as literally everything and might be conscious entities as shown by Junko, but I'm unsure what you make of that part.

It's difficult to describe but IIRC you mentioned a detail about all names, which probably includes all information there is about Touhou so to speak, coming from the nameless gods themselves when they gave names to form existence. This also leads to them having pretty much all of Touhou's abilities. They also exist as literally everything and might be conscious entities as shown by Junko, but I'm unsure what you make of that part.
Ah, you're thinking of this statement. Basically, anything that has a name is given that name based on the powers of the original (in this case, nameless) spirit. Since such powers are explicitly their powers, this would give nameless gods access to any abilities used by named individuals. However, I don't think this correlates with intelligence, as this isn't a case of the gods creating or embodying every name in existence (some names came much later, like with Reimu's Fantasy Nature being named by Marisa).

My point is moreso about how divine spirits are the same thing as magic power, with magic power containing the information of one's abilities and can possibly make beings more intelligent. Since divine spirits are omnipresent, I think it's fair to say that they're the aggregate of all magic power across existence, which may as well be omniscience if you consider magic power equal to intelligence.

I should clarify that nameless gods and divine spirits are two different things (even though nameless gods are considered a type of divine spirit... it's confusing), and yet they both have separate arguments for getting all the verse powers.

I do wish to ask, are there any potential arguments that could be made for Immeasurable Touhou?
Just curious, is all

Completely unrelated but I'm having to look up average unicycle sizes for something related to these revisions, so that's how my Christmas Eve is going (y)

Considering the other stuff ZUN seems to pull from god knows where, that seems oddly normal
also yes, merry christmas. i hope Seiga doesnt steal your presents

I can't answer the first question, I nominate another person (Or Google it)
As for the second question, yes, that will indeed happen to you if you're not careful. It happened to my best bud Elric, he got clowned on.

Alright, two questions.
One, does eBay accept Paypal.
Two, is the "hackers are gonna try to get into your account everytime you do online shopping and theyll send clowns to rape you!!" thing true.
1. It does here in America, but I'm not sure about everywhere else.
2. Nah, I've bought a fair amount of shit from sketchy sources before (sketchier than eBay, anyways) and it's turned out fine. Just do basic cybersecurity shit and you'll be fine.

MERRY MIZUCHIMAS

ENTIRE CHAPTER IS IN THE THREAD
MIZUCHI WAS A FUCKING SHRINE MAIDEN AND/OR WORKED FOR THE HAKUREI SHRINE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

YES AND IT CONFIRMS THAT MIZUCHI WAS EITHER A HAKUREI SHRINE MAIDEN OR WAS PART OF A FAMILY THAT SERVED UNDER THEM
whaaaTTTT. WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN, OR WAHT HAPPENS IN THE NEW CHAPTER'??? AND WHY REIMU SEEMS LIKE SHES GONNA RESOLVE ALL THIS SHT OR WHY SHE SEEMS LIKE OH MY GOD IM SO HEROIC OR WHAT IS SHE GONNA DO?

No Mizuchi in sight, did she get defeated? Is it all over?
No, it seems Mizuchi somehow is gonna leave from the former hell and it seems Reimu and possibly Marisa are GOING to BEAT her , seems like, Reimu is planning Something although this is my guess, but Reimu and Marisa are definitely getting close to another counterattack.

honestly this a so good christmas gift being Touhou fan, FDS is really an ongoing good manga (Although theres still ppl that argue Satori needs and needs to appear constantly or that thing of Flandre supposedly acting like her fanon counterpart)

Back