• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Buff - Mima may not be trash after all

I'd like to ask this: So Reimu might be changed but has anyone decided what we should go AT ALL?

Not only that, but what about those that were originally discussed here like Mima? What about them?

I would think mima probably scales to reimus base AP (though scaling in bullet hell games is always rather wonky IMO, since everyone only uses the small bullets in battle basically).

Well DT said that Mima probably could scale to Reimu's Base AP but i'll let the rest here decide on that. @Yamato

@DT She constantly releases power from the Orbs via using Bombs in the game (Note that they aren't usable for power blast when there is no bomb point avaible, implying they are emtpy) so I would say that it must have been between the final boss fight and the epilogue.

Also, DT, the thing about only small bullets just seems like Game Play mechanic. In Touhou 3 they keep tanking hundreds of hits from each others, and the "Boss/Player" position is never consistent.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well DT said that Mima probably could scale to Reimu's Base AP but i'll let the rest here decide on that. @Yamato
That's what I mean. It is hard to determine base AP of Reimu. How to determine it with all those vague explanations.

Well, sometimes it can be even funny - like I did with Ramlethal Valentine.

Well in any case, this does need to be cleared up now to find Reimu's tier and pretty much those that scale to her, i guess...

The bomb things are called spiritual attacks by the manual, though. Are they established to be the ying yang orbs decharging?

Because if they are that is more bad than good as it would seem that bad end ying yang orb blowing up are another phenomenon than the bomb, given that the damage output and looks of it is vastly different.

The orb blowing up might be more than just releasing reimus energy then, but instead something created through the objects power itself. The manual of HRtP implies that it has power by itself after all. ("A mysterious orb with an unnatural amount of spiritual power. Perhaps a soul dwells within? It appears as though it could be alive.")

Reimu can't damage enemies by herself, so anything that damage the enemies has to come from the Balls themselves.

Also I honestly don't see the point of refering the whole "The Balls charges up energy and then discharges" if it's not even going to be used at all. Thus why I think the phenomenon are bombs.

Isn't the power of the orbs stated to be more like stuff like "can turn u into a cat" than actual power?

The orbs "true power" is a bit different from its fighting related power, I guess.

Where does the charge and discharge quote come from? It's on the wiki, but I can't find where the wiki got the information from.

Either way the fact that the bombs don't exactly have the same effect and that the bad ending also doesn't really explain anything about why the orb suddenly destroys the planet makes reasoning from the feat a bit uncertain IMO.

If you don't mind I'm currently somewhat busy (For the next five days) so I may not be able to go make intensive research on that right now.

That seems unlikely to me that the Orbs are billions of times strong than Reimu, as the later keeps using them alongside normal attacks.

(Random note but Mima outright calls Shinki weak , and compares Reimu to Shinki later. Shinki mentions Yuuka "Is so strong ", and the later then calls Shinki weak again. Shinki also legit acts scared of Yuuka, begging her to go away. I don't have translation to other endings, but I think you would agree that a Low 2-C character wouldn't be begging a 4-B character to leave her alone, wouldn't be driven to tears from their fight and wouldn't call them strong at all)

Isn't the reason why it was a bad ending was because it was the misuse of the orbs and improper unleash of energy?

So Mima and Yuuka should be able to compare to them at least then.

Well I stand to me scaling to Shinki stuff. Shinki being beaten to tears, + the quotes above should be acceptable as a rating.

Back