• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
This is the current justification for Alive Minato's speed: "At least Sub-Relativistic with Relativistic Reactions (Minato's Reaction Speed allowed him to gain the upper hand against the Fourth Raikage. Outsped Obito Uchiha in the past, despite the Uchiha possessing a better Space-Time Ninjutsu. Should be faster than his Edo Tensei State), higher with Sage Mode (Faster than before)"

Minato should not be At least Sub-Relativistic, he should be straight up Relativistic. He reached the battlefield significantly faster than the other Hokage with shunshin. And Tobirama's shadow clone (which is slower than him) used shunshin to reach Juubito's TSO before it exploded.
Naruto Chapter 641 Page 1

This is commonly misinterpreted as Tobirama using FTG, and I can see why. But this is plain impossible. Unless Tobirama knows Amenetojikara and we just never knew about it, Tobirama had no way to teleport to the TSO as he was not participating in the battle prior to this moment and had no markings in the area (start of 641 if you want to confirm it). The closest marking is the one on Juubito and him and the group was standing a fair distance away from Juubito.
Naruto Chapter 641 Page 3

You might say he had a marking on Minato if you haven't seen the battle in a while, but if you go further in the chapter you'll see Tobirama only placed a marker on Minato after this.
Naruto Chapter 641 Page 8

So even assuming his clone did teleport to Juubito, he still had to run 10 or more meters. And since Tobirama used shunshin, this proves another relevant point to the thread. Minato did not get the TSO with his arm's movement speed despite having greater movement speed than Tobirama in Base and being in BM and having the advantage of being right next to the TSO. This is because of Minato's daze, the mental nerf he received from finding out Obito was the masked man. It is described in the databook.
DB4_MINATO_3-4.jpg

"Cheering up Minato from his stupor." This, along with the panels showing Minato's inability to properly concentrate on the battle, show the only reason Tobirama is supposedly faster than BM Minato.
Naruto Chapter 638 Page 21
Naruto Chapter 640 Page 8
Naruto Chapter 640 Page 9
Naruto Chapter 642 Page 8

And so on, I could keep going for a while, but you get the point.

Further evidence of Minato being faster than Tobirama is here
DB4_MINATO_1-2.jpg

"Praised among all ninja as the greatest in god-like speed." ALL ninja being the keyword here. In contrast, the statement about Tobirama being the fastest only refers to being the fastest at the time. This implies someone surpassed him in speed, and who else would it be if not Minato?

On that note, Tobirama and Juubito's speed justifications should be revised. The current Tobirama justification is as follows. "Relativistic (Stated to be the fastest shinobi of his day, which would include Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha. Reacted to and teleported out of the way of a point-blank attack from Sage Mode Madara. He was able to put several paper bombs on Uncontrolled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito while he was being attacked. His shadow clone was able to reach a Truth-Seeking Ball at point-blank range from Bijū Mode Minato faster than Minato himself could, and it could teleport away faster than Bijū Mode Naruto and Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke could react to)"

The part about being faster than BM Minato should straight up be removed and replaced with "His shadow clone was able to reach a Truth-Seeking Ball before it exploded." And also the Naruto there was not BM Naruto. It was Mastered KCM Naruto. He didn't have the dark markings and vertical pupils indicative of BM, only the collar. So the entire revised justification would be "Relativistic (Stated to be the fastest shinobi of his day, which would include Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha. Reacted to and teleported out of the way of a point-blank attack from Sage Mode Madara. He was able to put several paper bombs on Uncontrolled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito while he was being attacked. His shadow clone was able to reach a Truth-Seeking Ball before it exploded, and it could teleport away faster than Mastered Kyūbi Chakra Mode Naruto and Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke could react to."

For Juubito. "At least Relativistic (Faster than before. Able to cut off Bijū Mode Minato's arm and attached a Truth-Seeking Ball to him before he could teleport)" should be changed to "At least Relativistic (Faster than before. Able to keep up with Bijū Sage Mode Naruto and Curse Seal Enhanced Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke at the same time)"

As for Minato, his shunshin feat should be added as well as the databook statement, plus him being compared to Naruto right after he blitzed 5 bijuudamas implies some relativity to BM Naruto in speed, which seems to be contradictory if Minato>Tobirama>Madara~BM Naruto~Minato. But the only justification needed is that the gaps are not that large so even being 2 higher on the scaling chain doesn't mean he's far superior in speed. Does Tobirama dodging SM Madara as an Edo show him being far superior to Madara? Maybe, but it's not like Tobirama is AS FAST as SM Madara, he just reacted to one attack he was expecting. Evidence that Tobirama is not far superior to BM Naruto is that he couldn't hit SM Madara while BM Naruto can.
Naruto Chapter 658 Page 18

It could be argued that Madara in his Susanoo is slower than him just dodging regularly, but he's shown the ability to move freely and quickly with the Susanoo before, and there was a larger distance from Naruto and Madara then there is between Madara and Naruto, even ratio wise compared to the Susanoo's size.
Naruto Chapter 575 Page 4
Naruto Chapter 575 Page 5

And the fact that KCM Naruto was also compared to Minato shows that being inferior doesn't mean you can't be compared to him.

One more rather vague but still impressive feat is Tobirama stating Minato is quick at striking after he placed his markers.
7.jpg

This could be interpeted as meaning Minato can strike faster than him, or that he was just impressed in general. Either way, it wouldn't make sense for Tobirama to claim that if Minato's striking speed was glaringly inferior to his. At the absolute very least, Minato striking speed should be half as fast as Tobirama, who is above 0.28c in arm movement, which would make Minato Relativistic.

As well, a SM justification should be added. The fact that he could swing his arm halfway before getting it cut off should be mentioned.
Naruto Chapter 665 Page 11
Naruto Chapter 665 Page 12

Considering Juubidara scales massively above 0.28c combat speed and needed no time to react given that he could see the FTG marker right in front of him, it's likely that the time during which Minato was swinging his arm was almost entirely spent on Madara swinging his staff. AKA SM Minato's striking speed is half as fast as Madara and SM Minato>>>0.14c.

With all that in mind, the justification I would change it to for his Alive Key is "Relativistic (Praised among all ninja as the greatest in god-like speed. Minato's Reaction Speed allowed him to gain the upper hand against the Fourth Raikage. Kakashi Hatake compared Bijū Mode Naruto to Minato. Outsped Obito Uchiha in the past, despite the Uchiha possessing a better Space-Time Ninjutsu. Should be faster than his Edo Tensei State), higher with Sage Mode (Faster than before. Should be faster than his Edo Tensei State)"

For Minato's Edo base, the adjustments I would make are, "Relativistic (Reached the Fourth Shinobi World War battlefield before the other Hokage. Tobirama Senju said that Minato is quick at striking. He reacted to and teleported Madara's Truth-Seeking Balls at the exact moment they touched him), higher with Sage Mode (Faster than before. Managed to swing his arm halfway towards Jūbi Jinchūriki Madara before getting his arm cut off)"

Also wanna add some details to his BM justification, and potentailly upgrade him to At least Relativistic scaling him to BSM Naruto. He's definitely not comparable to BM Naruto, as he's already faster than him in Base. Even if that's not accepted, Base Minato>>>Base Naruto is already accepted, so naturally with the same amp, Minato would still be faster. He also hit Obito with FTG before anyone else with Shunshin. While it's a bit unquantifiable, he did manage to make a shadow clone and have them teleport to and attack Obito before Tobirama could get anywhere close to Madara which is a good feat given Tobirama can shunshin at a speed that seems like instant teleportation. He also teleported Naruto and Sasuke before Mindless Juubito could kill them. And I know this is used as an antifeat, but Minato teleported away from Juubito at the exact moment he cut his arm, given that there's still speed lines on Juubito's hand when Minato disappeared.
Naruto Chapter 640 Page 15

Another similar supposed antifeat is here, but he did react to the explosion starting and reached out his hand, meaning the explosion didn't blitz him.
Naruto Chapter 641 Page 1

Finally, he attacked at the same speed as BSM Naruto against Juubito and reacted to his chakra arms in sync with him. Reacting to his chakra arms should also make him low end relative to Juubito.
Naruto Chapter 645 Page 8

"At least Relativistic (Comparable to Bijū Sage Mode Naruto and blocked Controlled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito's chakra arms. Made a shadow clone that reached Obito before Hashirama Senju and Tobirama Senju could reach Madara. Despite being in a stupor, Minato teleported Naruto and Sasuke away before Uncontrolled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito could hit them. At the exact moment Controlled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito hit Minato, he teleported away. He reacted to Controlled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito's Truth-Seeking Ball and reached out his arm before it exploded)"

All together it's: Relativistic (Praised among all ninja as the greatest in god-like speed. Minato's Reaction Speed allowed him to gain the upper hand against the Fourth Raikage. Kakashi Hatake compared Bijū Mode Naruto to Minato. Outsped Obito Uchiha in the past, despite the Uchiha possessing a better Space-Time Ninjutsu. Should be faster than his Edo Tensei State), higher with Sage Mode (Faster than before. Should be faster than his Edo Tensei State) | Relativistic (Reached the Fourth Shinobi World War battlefield before the other Hokage. Tobirama Senju said that Minato is quick at striking. He reacted to and teleported Madara's Truth-Seeking Balls at the exact moment they touched him), higher with Sage Mode (Faster than before. Managed to swing his arm halfway towards One Rinnegan Jūbi Jinchūriki Madara before getting his arm cut off) | At least Relativistic (Comparable to Bijū Sage Mode Naruto and blocked Controlled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito's chakra arms. Made a shadow clone that reached Obito before Hashirama Senju and Tobirama Senju could reach Madara. Despite being in a stupor, Minato teleported Naruto and Sasuke away before Uncontrolled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito could hit them. At the exact moment Controlled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito hit Minato, he teleported away. He reacted to Controlled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito's Truth-Seeking Ball and reached out his arm before it exploded)

As for Hiruzen, his prime form should scale to Tobirama, as when he was an edo, they reached the battlefield at the same time, and he partially reacted to Juubito and Hiruzen reached Naruto before Tobirama. Hiruzen doesn't have an edo key, so he should get one where he has this justification. "Relativistic (Reached the Fourth Shinobi World War battlefield at the same time as Hashirama Senju and Tobirama Senju. Evaded a Truth-Seeking Ball from Uncontrolled Jūbi Jinchūriki Obito well enough that only his shoulder was pierced. Saved Naruto from the Shinju Tree before Tobirama)

TLDR Minato should be Relativistic, Tobirama and Juubito's speed justification shouldn't include outspeeding BM Minato, SM and BM Minato require some further justifications, and Hiruzen should be scaled to Tobirama.

Last edited:
I feel like this is really long for something super simple. ill read the thread a bit later. but following for now to make sure I don't forget.

I feel like this is really long for something super simple. ill read the thread a bit later. but following for now to make sure I don't forget.
I mean I would think it's simple but better be safe than sorry since Minato downplay is very large on this site.
What 3 other threads are open right now? I couldn't find 3 from a quick search.

This and other thread intentionally leaves out Ay because I don't believe he scales to him. They only ever fought in their Jonin days, years before Minato's prime, and even then he outdid both him and Bee at the same time, so much so that it made Bee shiver at the thought of him. I included all the characters I think scale in this thread because I thought about this problem. No KCM Naruto isn't Rel scaling to Minato because Minato scales above BM Naruto. That's like the statement about SM Naruto>Minato, something that was implied earlier in the series that got retconned later on with Shonen power cliffing that Minato rode on but KCM Naruto and SM Naruto didn't. And Orochimaru doesn't scale to Edo Hiruzen because he, like Itachi, is stronger than when he was alive.
Your first argument was "Minato has faster combat speed" then used travel speed as an argument.
Uh...when did I do that? I didn't specify combat speed, I just said Minato should be Relativistic, which in that instance was referring to travel speed. I discussed combat speed later.

Uh...when did I do that? I didn't specify combat speed, I just said Minato should be Relativistic, which in that instance was referring to travel speed. I discussed combat speed later.
You expect me to believe that Minato has Relativistic Travel Speed?

Nobody in the verse has relativistic travel speed. The relativistic is combat speed exclusive.

Hiruzen should be scaled to Tobirama.
I don’t have the time or the effort to explain the amount of scaling issues this would cause.

And like Tempest said, literally nobody has Rel movement speed, that’s not a thing.

Can you just wait until the massive verse-wide revisions, which will include speed, instead of constantly making revisions that do not solely affect the characters you’re trying to upgrade.

I don’t have the time or the effort to explain the amount of scaling issues this would cause.

And like Tempest said, literally nobody has Rel movement speed, that’s not a thing.

Can you just wait until the massive verse-wide revisions, which will include speed, instead of constantly making revisions that do not solely affect the characters you’re trying to upgrade.
And Orochimaru doesn't scale to Edo Hiruzen because he, like Itachi, is stronger than when he was alive.
Same applies to everyone else. No one other than Guruguru Yamato and Juubito fought Edo Hiruzen, and Guruguru Yamato doesn't have a key, while Juubito already upscales from Tobirama, so no an Edo/Prime Hiruzen revision wouldn't affect anyone else.

So does Tobirama have Amentetojikara after all? Nice. If not, then what ARE your thoughts on Tobirama grabbing the TSO? Do you just think that's not a Rel feat for some reason?

They do only affect these characters. I explained why Ay and KCM Naruto don't scale to Minato, and why Orochimaru doesn't scale to Edo Hiruzen. If further evidence is necessary I can give it. I'm very aware of the site's distaste for single character revisions without thinking about who else it affects.

And where is your evidence to prove Hiruzen is stronger an an Edo Tensei?

And where is your evidence to prove Hiruzen is stronger an an Edo Tensei?
He doesn't have to suffer the physical effects of old age that would hold him back from fighting at his full potential. Just as Itachi doesn't have to suffer the pain of being sick.

Yet he was still revived as an old man. Just like Chiyo and Hanzō were revived in their old age, and the latter was still stated to be weakened because of such. The Edo Tensei doesn’t rid the revived individual of physical ailments, otherwise Nagato would have been able to use his legs.

Plus Tobirama stated that he and the other Hokage had been revived at near their full power, not their full potential, which would imply Hiruzen is still slightly beneath where he was when Orochimaru took him out.

Yet he was still revived as an old man. Just like Chiyo and Hanzō were revived in their old age, and the latter was still stated to be weakened because of such. The Edo Tensei doesn’t rid the revived individual of physical ailments, otherwise Nagato would have been able to use his legs.

Plus Tobirama stated that he and the other Hokage had been revived at near their full power, not their full potential, which would imply Hiruzen is still slightly beneath where he was when Orochimaru took him out.
And yet Chiyo went from below Sasori level to being able to contend with a KCM Naruto clone. I don't really get the deal with Nagato when his partner didn't have the same issue. Seems pretty inconsistent.

He also said that about Minato despite him obviously beiing stronger, and he should've been able to sense Kurama inside Minato. So if anything he was probably mostly referring to himself. And maybe nearly full power means near Hiruzen's prime, not his power in his old age.

And yet Chiyo went from below Sasori level to being able to contend with a KCM Naruto clone
She did not contend with a KCM Naruto clone, she survived one Rasenshuriken (and since Edo Tensei can regenerate, that’s not surprising). I swear to the gods, the amount of people that say Edo Chiyo and Edo Kimimaro are KCM level, even though they don’t actually fight him. They get hit by a Rasenshuriken, Naruto is explicitly stated to have the upper hand, and then they’re not seen again until the Edo Tensei is released. A supposed off-screen fight is not, by any means, grounds to say they scale to KCM.
I don't really get the deal with Nagato when his partner didn't have the same issue. Seems pretty inconsistent.
Inconsistent with your headcanon, perhaps, or maybe it’s because Itachi didn’t have any physical problems and just had a disease, and the Edo Tensei doesn’t revert physical condition.
He also said that about Minato despite him obviously beiing stronger, and he should've been able to sense Kurama inside Minato.
Based on what was base Minato stronger and based on what should he have been able to sense Kurama? You’re making a lot of claims with not a lot of evidence.
And maybe nearly full power means near Hiruzen's prime, not his power in his old age.
Another maybe with nothing to support it. Why would you assume it refers to Hiruzen in his prime and not, y’know, the old man Hiruzen that is actually present and in the same room as Tobirama when he made the statement?

Can we just... wait for the verse-wide revisions? This thread has about as much use as the flying **** drone because of them...

I would probably wait for the verse-wide revisions, things accepted now would probably change later anyway and this is probably a waste of time.

I already told him this, but this is like the fifth or sixth thread he’s made recently, so I’m not sure if he really understands that

She did not contend with a KCM Naruto clone, she survived one Rasenshuriken (and since Edo Tensei can regenerate, that’s not surprising). I swear to the gods, the amount of people that say Edo Chiyo and Edo Kimimaro are KCM level, even though they don’t actually fight him. They get hit by a Rasenshuriken, Naruto is explicitly stated to have the upper hand, and then they’re not seen again until the Edo Tensei is released. A supposed off-screen fight is not, by any means, grounds to say they scale to KCM.

Inconsistent with your headcanon, perhaps, or maybe it’s because Itachi didn’t have any physical problems and just had a disease, and the Edo Tensei doesn’t revert physical condition.

Based on what was base Minato stronger and based on what should he have been able to sense Kurama? You’re making a lot of claims with not a lot of evidence.

Another maybe with nothing to support it. Why would you assume it refers to Hiruzen in his prime and not, y’know, the old man Hiruzen that is actually present and in the same room as Tobirama when he made the statement?
They still weren't taken down by the time Itachi ended the reanimation though, and there's no proof they got hit by it, the explosion could've missed them, and having the upper hand could just mean they were retreating for the time being because of the rasenshurien. And even so, someone as strong as they were would not be able to even hold off KCM Naruto. At the very least, you can't say Chiyo is NOT stronger, because as you said, most of it is off screen. So only your Hanzo point stands, but he lost because of his conviction not his age.

Uh...you know a disease is literally a physical problem right?

He's stronger because of BM, that's what I was referring to. And Kurama was right there, so as a sensor Tobirama clearly should be able to sense him. That would also explain his lack of surprise when Minato went BM.

Tobirama only knows Hiruzen's power when he was young, so he can't make a good judgement on Hiruzen's power compared to his old age anyways.
Can we just... wait for the verse-wide revisions? This thread has about as much use as the flying **** drone because of them...
Are new calcs going to be used for the top tiers?
I would probably wait for the verse-wide revisions, things accepted now would probably change later anyway and this is probably a waste of time.
At least if the scaling is accepted that can carry over even if the actual ratings are changed.
I already told him this, but this is like the fifth or sixth thread he’s made recently, so I’m not sure if he really understands that
Depends on your definition of recent. And I don't even know what the verse wide revisions are supposed to entail, so idk what's gonna be obsolete and what won't. Do you just suggest that absolute no Naruto crts at all should be made for the next few months?

Depends on your definition of recent. And I don't even know what the verse wide revisions are supposed to entail, so idk what's gonna be obsolete and what won't. Do you just suggest that absolute no Naruto crts at all should be made for the next few months?
No new Naruto CRTs at all honestly doesn’t sound like a bad idea at this point

The verse-wide revisions are going to affect BASICALLY EVERYTHING in terms of AP and speed, and it’ll be split into six parts, at least.

Part 1 = Applying new calcs and fixing the scaling for post-timeskip stuff.
Part 2 = An overhaul of pre-timeskip stuff.
Part 3 = CS2 and Sage Mode scaling
Part 4 = The War Arc
Part 5 = Bijuu scaling
Part 6 (and probably a few more) = Speed scaling

Damn near every single character currently on the verse page that isn’t a God Tier or from Boruto will be covered by these revisions. So as you’ve been told multiple times, you need to wait until the verse-wide revisions begin.

No new Naruto CRTs at all honestly doesn’t sound like a bad idea at this point

The verse-wide revisions are going to affect BASICALLY EVERYTHING in terms of AP and speed, and it’ll be split into six parts, at least.

Part 1 = Applying new calcs and fixing the scaling for post-timeskip stuff.
Part 2 = An overhaul of pre-timeskip stuff.
Part 3 = CS2 and Sage Mode scaling
Part 4 = The War Arc
Part 5 = Bijuu scaling
Part 6 (and probably a few more) = Speed scaling

Damn near every single character currently on the verse page that isn’t a God Tier or from Boruto will be covered by these revisions. So as you’ve been told multiple times, you need to wait until the verse-wide revisions begin.
OK hand sign added to list of hate symbols - BBC News

I wonder when that will be.

Oh boy, I wonder if we'll see the infamous akatsuki scale to bijuu arguments hehe
It's gonna be a grand ol' time, trust me!
I mean...there's a fair argument to be made for Kage levels being relative to Bijuu, at least quite a few of em'. Like Ay cutting Gyuki's horn, Tsunade damaging the Susanoo which with SM withstood a KCM2 attack, and people scaling to Deidara taking down Isobu.

I wouldn't say the argument is dumb or anything, it seems reasonable IMO. I say probably everyone except Hidan could scale.

I mean...there's a fair argument to be made for Kage levels being relative to Bijuu, at least quite a few of em'. Like Ay cutting Gyuki's horn, Tsunade damaging the Susanoo which with SM withstood a KCM2 attack, and people scaling to Deidara taking down Isobu.
I wasn't being dismissive or sarcastic lol. I'm the one who'll make that revision XD. We need to work on other, more pressing, revisions first though.

I still think that's really dumb. The Jūbi is a mindless monster while the Bijū have actual sentience.
That's not what the story thought at the time
TBH, it seems that Deidara only knocked out Isobu with his Fish Bomb
Still breaching its durability which is dumb
I don’t know why that means their dura would be lowered. Just means Deidara’s higher bombs, likely c-3, scale to isobu.
It was just a tiny fish. If anything, it looked like C1. So I guess that means Base Hebi Sasuke has greater durability than a BIjuu since he tanked a C1 no prob?
Naruto Chapter 357 Page 13
Naruto Chapter 357 Page 14

It was just a tiny fish. If anything, it looked like C1. So I guess that means Base Hebi Sasuke has greater durability than a BIjuu since he tanked a C1 no prob?
You do know that the fish bomb was bigger than the spider bombs right?

It was small when it was in Deidara's palm then grew to more or less 1/5th Isobu's head when in the water whereas the spider bombs are more or less relative to Deidara's hand when fully grown.

Back