• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 1: Austin Theory vs Burtonverse Batman

He doesn't need to open with it he just needs to hit him once with the paralyzing device which is a thing that he obviously uses.
I mean, we’ve seen him use it once in this thread, when he was being restrained and was possibly about to lose the fight, and 99% of iterations of Batman hate using guns and other firearms, so I think assuming its something he would use casually, rather than a Hail Mary is something that would need to be backed up with some kind of evidence

No he was looking at Batman as he fired. He was still looking at him. Batman was even restrained which shows that the weapon is still real easy to use even in strenuous circumstances. As for the series of events. Man picks up a gun. Batman pulls out his gun. Man looks at batman, and then batman fires, which still hits the guy. He was looking at Batman once he pulled out his gun.
I wasn't talking about his paralysis device. I was talking about when Bats restrained the dude when he tried reaching for a weapon on the floor. Paralysis gun is legit the only valid way I see Bats taking this so far lol.

YES this was the ONE video I said the guy wasn't looking at Batman. Please read my comments-
That's ironic. I could say the same thing about you with my last point I just made above.

He doesn't need to open with it he just needs to hit him once with the paralyzing device which is a thing that he obviously uses. I don't know why you think that Austin would immediately expect Batman to pull out weird shit he's never seen before. He's going to be caught off guard.
If Theory out of nowhere gets hit with a Batarang when he least expects it, he's going to be on guard for the rest of the match, since he now knows Batman has equipment he needs to watch out for. What don't you get about this?

It's not like Theory's instantly gonna know what Batman's gonna do here, and again, he's smarter. And if anything, Bats can just use a regular Batarang and knock him out.
The same logic applies to Bats. Is he gonna know what Theory's gonna do? No. That's a bad argument.

A normal ass Batarang is not knocking Theory out in one hit. You're acting like it one shots.

I mean, we’ve seen him use it once in this thread, when he was being restrained and was possibly about to lose the fight, and 99% of iterations of Batman hate using guns and other firearms, so I think assuming its something he would use casually, rather than a Hail Mary is something that would need to be backed up with some kind of evidence
And again, This Batman is usually reliant on using his equipment rather than in CQC, and Theory may be slightly more skilled, but then again, Batman could still outAP him.

And again, This Batman is usually reliant on using his equipment rather than in CQC
And yet the main weapon that could potentially finish the match is something he doesn't open with.

and Theory may be slightly more skilled
He's significantly more skilled. No questions about that.

but then again, Batman could still outAP him.
The AP is negligible, and Theory has 3 moves that are far higher than his normal AP. That's not a good argument.

And again, This Batman is usually reliant on using his equipment rather than in CQC, and Theory may be slightly more skilled, but then again, Batman could still outAP him.
I can buy Batman cheesing Theory with range but I’m not having Batman taking it if Theory closes that gap, that’s just not happening based on what I’ve seen of Batman in this thread

oh my god

I wasn't talking about his paralysis device. I was talking about when Bats restrained the dude when he tried reaching for a weapon on the floor. Paralysis gun is legit the only valid way I see Bats taking this so far lol.
Okay I don't really care about the robe batarang to be honest I'm talking about the paralyzing device.

What don't you get about this?
He doesn't know what else batman has. He doesn't know Batman has a gun that would instantly leave him a mess on the floor. He would only expect stupid bat shaped boomerangs to start.It's not like he gets hit with a batarang and suddenly knows that Batman has a damn super taser which is something we don't even have in real life.

The same logic applies to Bats. Is he gonna know what Theory's gonna do? No. That's a bad argument.
Isn't Theory literally just an unarmed man? Like straight up he has his fists and that's it? Even if he has a melee weapon it's safe to assume he's going to want to hit batman with the weapon? It doesn't take a genius to figure out the guy with just fists wants to get close and punch. Batman's fought bruisers like him before such as Bane. It's not like he's never seen a dude that knows how to fight hand to hand.

A normal ass Batarang is not knocking Theory out in one hit. You're acting like it one shots.
I don't think this has ever been implied at all so I don't know where you're getting this from.

count my vote for Batman

That's ironic. I could say the same thing about you with my last point I just made above.

If Theory out of nowhere gets hit with a Batarang when he least expects it, he's going to be on guard for the rest of the match, since he now knows Batman has equipment he needs to watch out for. What don't you get about this?

At this rate, you're downplaying Bats equipment and his strategist cognitive, they WILL catch him off guard, how else would Theory know about the rest of Bats equipment? And also, Batman is smart enough to use his equipment before Theory would even know what's happening.

Moral of the story is, Theory is ****** here. Bats FRA

He doesn't know what else batman has. He doesn't know Batman has a gun that would instantly leave him a mess on the floor. He would only expect stupid bat shaped boomerangs to start.It's not like he gets hit with a batarang and suddenly knows that Batman has a damn super taser which is something we don't even have in real life.
I guess that's fair, but I can still make an argument that Theory can still dodge it. Bats still needs to pull it out and shoot it, and I've already shown that Theory is very good when it comes to timing/dodging. Plus, Theory's IR has shown that even while stunned, he can still pull out a move when least expected.

Isn't Theory literally just an unarmed man? Like straight up he has his fists and that's it? Even if he has a melee weapon it's safe to assume he's going to want to hit batman with the weapon? It doesn't take a genius to figure out the guy with just fists wants to get close and punch. Batman's fought bruisers like him before such as Bane. It's not like he's never seen a dude that knows how to fight hand to hand.
And Batman doesn't know what kind of moves Theory will pull out. That's what I'm saying. That's common sense. Theory is significantly more skilled, which is something Bats doesn't know. It also doesn't take a genius to know that Batman doesn't know what moves Theory can pull out. No opponent knows what they're opponent is going to do, unless they have some kind of broken Precog/Analytical Predict ability.

I don't think this has ever been implied at all so I don't know where you're getting this from.
@Propellus has said this multiple times already. It's not knocking him out.

At this rate, you're downplaying Bats equipment and his strategist cognitive, they WILL catch him off guard, how else would Theory know about the rest of Bats equipment? And also, Batman is smart enough to use his equipment before Theory would even know what's happening.
No. You're overestimating Bats' weapons. They're not anything crazy. You guys are acting like they're impossible to dodge/avoid, when all they are just projectiles.

Like, the fight literally start 5 meters away. How is Theory not going to see those attacks coming?

Like, the fight literally start 5 meters away. How is Theory not going to see those attacks coming?
If Bats is so heavily reliant on his equipment like you say he is @Propellus, then he'd start using them off the bat. Specifically his Batarangs.

So you're telling me Theory has no time to dodge a projectile coming from 5 meters away? Come on, now.

It also doesn't take a genius to know that Batman doesn't know what moves Theory can pull out. No opponent knows what they're opponent is going to do, unless they have some kind of broken Precog/Analytical Predict ability.
Okay but like...listen okay, listen

You can still understand that he's going to like, do normal hand to hand stuff. Batman knows martial arts he can get a basic idea of what a man with just his hands could do. The same can't be said about Theory. Whatever Theory does would be some remix of grapples and punches or something along those lines, which Batman would understand.

No sane person would think the weird man in the bat suit would pull out a super taser

You can still understand that he's going to like, do normal hand to hand stuff. Batman knows martial arts he can get a basic idea of what a man with just his hands could do.
Honestly, Theory has such a versatile moveset, so I'm not too sure.

No sane person would think the weird man in the bat suit would pull out a super taser
Once again, this is fair, but Bats still needs to pull it out and shoot. You're telling me Theory won't see it coming and try to dodge?

Honestly, Theory has such a versatile moveset, so I'm not too sure.
Tell me what he does besides punch and kick and grab. He only has his hands.

Once again, this is fair, but Bats still needs to pull it out and shoot. You're telling me Theory won't see it coming and try to dodge?
They're five meters away. That'd be really difficult to do at that range, especially since he might not even recognize what that device is.

Tell me what he does besides punch and kick and grab. He only has his hands.
1. You're simplifying the living hell out of Theory's wrestling style.
2. I can show you a link to Theory's entire moveset if ya want (though it is a very long read)
3. Theory has many, many ways of doing those "grabs." Stop dumbing it down.
4. If Theory were to grab Bats, Bats is not escaping due Theory's far superior LS.

So you're telling me if you were in a fight and someone tried to pull out a weapon, you wouldn't try to get out of harms way?
That really depends on the context of what's going on here, you're basically claiming that the paralyzing machine looks like an average gun which it does not. And if someone did pull out something you're not knowledgeable to, you're ******.

They're five meters away. That'd be really difficult to do at that range, especially since he might not even recognize what that device is
It doesn't matter if he doesn't recognize it.

If you're in the middle of a fight and/or confrontation, and you see someone pull something out, your first thing to do is to get out of harm's way.

1. You're simplifying the living hell out of Theory's wrestling style.
2. I can show you a link to Theory's entire moveset if ya want (though it is a very long read)
3. Theory has many, many ways of doing those "grabs." Stop dumbing it down.
4. If Theory were to grab Bats, Bats is not escaping due Theory's far superior LS.
I'm not dumbing it down what I'm saying is when you only have your hands, other people, with martial arts training, can generally expect what you're going to do with those hands, especially if they've fought bruisers before. This isn't like, rocket science here. I'm jjust saying Batman has a good idea of what Theory could do at a glance while Theory doesn't have a good idea of what batman can do at a glance

Batman is inherently more unpredictable than Theory, Batman has equipment Theory has never seen before in his life, Theory is a man in wrestling tights who very obviously has nothing on him except his own fists, hence a martial artist that relies on closing gaps
You’re right on a certain level, but at the same time even if Theory doesn’t know the specifics of Batman’s equipment, he will know Batman likes his projectiles, and if he sees Batman pull a gun out of his utility belt it doesn’t take a genius to come to the conclusion he should ready himself for an incoming blast of something

I think team Batman are being harsh on Theory’s abilities, but I do still ultimately side with them. I think this debate has run its course so I’ll vote Batman FRA (Sorry Random 😅)

Well that’s at least one character I know Bálor conclusively loses to...

Last edited:
That really depends on the context of what's going on here, you're basically claiming that the paralyzing machine looks like an average gun which it does not. And if someone did pull out something you're not knowledgeable to, you're ******.
So you're telling me that since it doesn't look like the average gun, Theory is just going to stand there and get hit? That makes no sense.

If Theory sees Batman try and pull something out, his first move is to get out of harm's, like any skilled fighter would do.

So you're telling me that since it doesn't look like the average gun, Theory is just going to stand there and get hit? That makes no sense.

If Theory sees Batman try and pull something out, his first move is to get out of harm's, like any skilled fighter would do.
Show me canonical footage of Austin reacting to someone pulling a gun on him-

Using this logic, you really think Bats is gonna be that ******* stupid to stand there and let Theory grab him? And if anything, Batman would just avoid him trying to even touch him.

Batman is inherently more unpredictable than Theory, Batman has equipment Theory has never seen before in his life, Theory is a man in wrestling tights who very obviously has nothing on him except his own fists, hence a martial artist that relies on closing gaps
Dude, that doesn't matter. If someone pulls something out of their pocket in the middle of a fight, the first thing you're doing is dodging. Especially on someone of the caliber of Theory.

Honestly, Theory is a victim of consequence here, a man who relies on closing gaps vs a man who relies on his ranged equipment will never work out well for the former. That’s why I designed this tournament’s format to have so many opportunities to come back from losses, because I think that opponents who directly exploit your weaknesses, or directly counteract your style of fighting, are a really scummy way to exit a tournament. Theory’s a great combatant and I think he’ll do well in this tournament, but this just wasn’t the match for him. Hope to see him in the A bracket! (Of which I think Batman will have no issue getting to)

idk I feel like it could just confuse him. If he's up close even a moment of hesitation or just thinking "wtf is that" could mean that he's down for the count.
Literally how?

He's dodging the moment he sees Batman try and pull something out, like any skilled fighter would do.

Honestly, Theory is a victim of consequence here, a man who relies on closing gaps vs a man who relies on his ranged equipment will never work out well for the former. That’s why I designed this tournament’s format to have so many opportunities to come back from losses, because I think that opponents who directly exploit your weaknesses, or directly counteract your style of fighting, are a really scummy way to exit a tournament. Theory’s a great combatant and I think he’ll do well in this tournament, but this just wasn’t the match for him. Hope to see him in the A bracket! (Of which I think Batman will have no issue getting to)
The thing is that his ranged equipment isn't anything crazy, besides his Paralysis Device, which is something Theory can and will avoid.

Even if he dodges initially batman can still like, shoot more.
And Theory will still dodge more. Simple.

Back