• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tbh I have no idea what you mean by this myself lol.

Then I can potentially make an argument that Theory's SI can play a factor here. He's pretty damn good at getting in his opponent's heads, which can lead to them doing something reckless.

Theory's ATL is performed very quickly, so even a slight opening can help Theory here.
Vin Jin doesn't get pissed off easily. But if you do piss him off chances are that's a one way ticket to getting your arms dislocated.

Also from that alone I can see Vin Jin mounting him from that or even reversing it.

He's no Vasco, I don't think someone having SI instantly means your opponent can become reckless all of a sudden. If anything Vin Jin never goes for reckless attacks.
Unless Vin has shown any kind of resistance to SI, I don't see how it wouldn't work.

This argument would make sense if you were to show Vin resisting Vasco's SI.

Theory's Social Influencing isn't some genius mastermind stuff that allows him to play an opponent to his tune. It's taunts and insults that make an opponent really, really pissed off, therefore making them make potential mistakes.

Vin doesn't need a resistance against an ability that doesn't do much more than just piss someone off.

It's kinda hard to say Vin Jin would get cocky (he underestimates a lot of people, we see it most back when he was a joke character) when Austin Theory is also egotistical. I think I have to vote Jin here due to the ball grabber unfortunately 😔

Theory's Social Influencing isn't some genius mastermind stuff that allows him to play an opponent to his tune. It's taunts and insults that make an opponent really, really pissed off, therefore making them make potential mistakes.

Vin doesn't need a resistance against an ability that doesn't do much more than just piss someone off.
To an extent, you're right.

Obviously, Theory isn't some mastermind genius, but his SI can be useful here.

What you said is what I was trying to argue. Vin can be thrown off his game, which causes him to do something reckless, which can play into Theory's favor.

It's kinda hard to say Vin Jin would get cocky (he underestimates a lot of people we see it most back when he was a joke character) when Austin Theory is also egotistical. I think I have to vote Jin here due to the ball grabber unfortunately 😔
After Theory's recent character development, he's not nearly as cocky as before.

Of course, Theory is egotistical in the fact that he believes his own hype, but he's no longer arrogant to the point where it's detrimental.

However, there's a better chance Vin just breaks Theory's bones to the point he can't fight than this happening, so I concede on the fact that Jin wins High diff.

Back