• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 1: Austin Theory vs Burtonverse Batman

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
After a very, very tedious wait for characters to join, we've finally reached the first matchup of the 9-B Two Worlds Collide Tournament.

Rules:
  • Same rules as stated in the tournament.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Fighters start 5 meters away.
  • Batman will only have his batarangs and paralyzing device.
shS0536l.jpg

Results:

Austin Theory: 1 (Random)
Batman: 7 (Pikaman, Jacky, Propellus, Bruthelo, Adem, Corbin, Recon)
Inconclusive:

RaJSDIql.jpg

Last edited:
Austin Theory: 299.77 KJ
Batman: 516.6 KJ

Batman has a 1.7x AP advantage.

First things first, what equipment for Batman is being restricted?

Last edited:
His batmobile will be restricted, but some of his equipment can't otherwise it can't be added to profiles

What equipment specifically? Because some of them would be too much to deal with for everyone here.
His laser gun isn't combat applicable anyways since he doesn't use this when it comes to combat as he only uses that to thaw ice, his batarangs nor his paralyzing device can't be restricted, but his grappling gun can

How do these work?
The batarangs varies though, one is remote controlled type, and there's one that can wrap your legs down over, and the paralyzing device basically paralyzes you shocking you and immobilizing you

That paralysing machine looks... iffy

it takes like over a second to cross a room, we’re in an entire stadium, and if Batman doesn’t start with it Theory can just get up close, Batman won’t have time to pull gadgets out of his utility belt while he’s actively engaged in hand to hand combat.

It could take a few wins in a classic 100 matches situation but I wouldn’t call it a major factor against any fighter worth their salt

Theory's IR could potentially have this covered.

Oh okay. It's not that bad of an ability. Theory just has to watch his step.

Okay, this is by far Bats best chance of winning.

How skilled is Batman?
Well, it's pretty hard to determine how exactly skilled Burtonverse Bats is on his own, since it's unknown how exactly long he was batman for (Thanks a lot Burton for not simplifying this segment.) But however, this version of Bats seems to rely heavily on his equipment rather on his own terms, but it seems that he's reliant on street combat. Although he is pretty strategic with them, using them to incapacitate his victims before beating the absolute shit out of them. But on his own, he usually holds his own against supernatural beings like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy who can basically mindfuck an entire city.

Well, it's pretty hard to determine how exactly skilled Burtonverse Bats is on his own, since it's unknown how exactly long he was batman for (Thanks a lot Burton for not simplifying this segment.) But however, this version of Bats seems to rely heavily on his equipment rather on his own terms, but it seems that he's reliant on street combat. Although he is pretty strategic with them, using them to incapacitate his victims before beating the absolute shit out of them. But on his own, he usually holds his own against supernatural beings like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy who can basically mindfuck an entire city.
Pfft.

Theory is leagues above this Batman in terms of skill.

Plus, the equipment Batman has isn't even a guaranteed win.

I'm now convinced Theory takes this low-mid diff unless you can come up with some solid arguments.

Bats best win con is with his paralysis device, but if Pika said was true, then I highly doubt Bats is going to hit Theory with it, especially since he's going up against someone who's not only more skilled, but has IR as well.

Honestly, Bats best way of using offense here is with his batarangs.

Well, it's pretty hard to determine how exactly skilled Burtonverse Bats is on his own, since it's unknown how exactly long he was batman for (Thanks a lot Burton for not simplifying this segment.) But however, this version of Bats seems to rely heavily on his equipment rather on his own terms, but it seems that he's reliant on street combat. Although he is pretty strategic with them, using them to incapacitate his victims before beating the absolute shit out of them.
Well, Theory would be well above what you’ve described in close quarters, I guess what needs to be discussed is if Theory can circumvent Bat’s equipment. If he can, he should take this
But on his own, he usually holds his own against supernatural beings like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy who can basically mindfuck an entire city.
This is because he has resistances to Heat and Mind Manipulation is it not?

I'll also add that Bats' batarang that trips will catch Theory off guard at first, and it will give Bats the temporary advantage, but from there, it's basically wraps.

Batman is significantly less skilled, and while his equipment can cause trouble, it just seems more like a "delaying the inevitable" kind of situation, where Theory can just dominate in CQC/H2H and end the match with one of his 3 finishers.

I'll also add that Bats' batarang that trips will catch Theory off guard at first, and it will give Bats the temporary advantage, but from there, it's basically wraps.

Batman is significantly less skilled, and while his equipment can cause trouble, it just seems more like a "delaying the inevitable" kind of situation, where Theory can just dominate in CQC/H2H and end the match with one of his 3 finishers.
3 finishers is actually scary ngl...

3 finishers is actually scary ngl...
Ataxia, ATL, A-Town Down.

And since Theory is a dirty player, he won't mind going low in order to win or gain the upper hand. He's not a goody two shoes by any means.

Not to mention Theory is a far more versatile combatant than Bats.

If this was a pure H2H fight, Bats would get shit on. It's his equipment that'll give Theory some difficulty.

I'll wait before voting, but I'm heavily leaning towards Theory here.

Pfft.

Theory is leagues above this Batman in terms of skill.

Plus, the equipment Batman has isn't even a guaranteed win.

I'm now convinced Theory takes this low-mid diff unless you can come up with some solid arguments.
Iirc, Bats usually takes down highly skilled assassins and experienced criminals as if it's a Tuesday to him. Batman is still smarter than Theory and he could still analyze him before making a move. And Batman has the stamina advantage over him, given how Bats can endure several gun shots to his chest, even one to the the head too. And even endure getting tortured, so he should be able to outlast him a bit. Sorry for the long wait though, I'm not home at the moment, and I'll be back with more arguments.

Iirc, Bats usually takes down highly skilled assassins and experienced criminals as if it's a Tuesday to him. Batman is still smarter than Theory and he could still analyze him before making a move. And Batman has the stamina advantage over him, given how Bats can endure several gun shots to his chest, even one to the the head too. And even endure getting tortured, so he should be able to outlast him a bit. Sorry for the long wait though, I'm not home at the moment, and I'll be back with more arguments.
Batman is the smarter of the two, but Theory is far above someone who uses mathematical formulas in their head to quickly analyze, react to, and defeat his opponents. That alone is better than everything this Batman has to offer in terms of skill.

Bats stamina is certainly nothing to scoff at, but that really won't matter when you're getting overwhelmed by someone more skilled than you, and that same guy has 3 moves that will end the fight when hit.

Batman is the smarter of the two, but Theory is far above someone who uses mathematical formulas in their head to quickly analyze, react to, and defeat his opponents. That alone is better than everything this Batman has to offer in terms of skill.
I mean, taking out highly skilled assassins on the regular is still a good skill feat. Bats should be able to at least challenge Theory, who while a prodigy still ultimately lacks experience

Still, Theory takes skill, just not as much as I first anticipated

I don’t think Stamina is a stat of importance here. Finishers will end the fight quickly, Batman’s own wincons rely on paralysis, I can’t see this as a fight that will drag out beyond the limits of either’s stamina

I mean, taking out highly skilled assassins on the regular is still a good skill feat. Bats should be able to at least challenge Theory, who while a prodigy still ultimately lacks experience

Still, Theory takes skill, just not as much as I first anticipated

I don’t think Stamina is a stat of importance here. Finishers will end the fight quickly, Batman’s own wincons rely on paralysis, I can’t see this as a fight that will drag out beyond the limits of either’s stamina
I still think Theory holds a solid skill gap.

Experience I'm not too sure about, since we don't know how long this Batman has been doing it for. Theory has been wrestling for 6 years, so for now, we have to assume Theory holds the skill and experience advantage unless proven otherwise.

I'll vote Theory mid diff for now.

Experience I'm not too sure about, since we don't know how long this Batman has been doing it for. Theory has been wrestling for 6 years, so for now, we have to assume Theory holds the skill and experience advantage unless proven otherwise.
Well I mean every notable version of Bruce Wayne Batman begins shortly after the death of his parents, which happens when he is a young child. Bruce is obviously far enough into adulthood, so I’d say that Batman has been running around far longer than 6 years.

I'll vote Theory mid diff for now
Give poor Propellus a chance 😭

Well I mean every notable version of Bruce Wayne Batman begins shortly after the death of his parents, which happens when they are a young child. Bruce is obviously far enough into adulthood, so I’d say that Batman has been running around far longer than 6 years.
Eh, still won't make a big difference, as Theory has defeated wrestlers with 15+ years of wrestling experience.

Give poor Propellus a chance 😭
Nah. He was acting hella arrogant saying Batman will destroy Theory, I couldn't let that slide 🗿

He's lucky I didn't pull out my skill essay for Theory...

Aight, I'm back

Definitely, but then again, isn't that just based off intelligence? And I'm pretty sure that it doesn't always qualify as instantly being super skilled. And if what Pika says is true, Theory seems to be less experienced than the rest of the wrestlers do. So Bats should still have a few advantages given how he was able to take out highly skilled assassins and criminals with sheer ease. And if anything, Batman is technically faster since he was fast enough to deflect a single bullet.
Bats stamina is certainly nothing to scoff at, but that really won't matter when you're getting overwhelmed by someone more skilled than you, and that same guy has 3 moves that will end the fight when hit.
And also, Batman has batarangs that can knock Theory out cold given he has the range advantage for those, so it's gonna be pretty hard for Theory to get that close to him.

Definitely, but then again, isn't that just based off intelligence? And I'm pretty sure that it doesn't always qualify as instantly being super skilled
I made a whole thread about it. Multiple staff members said it was more so skill, so I don't see the whole intelligence argument.

And if what Pika says is true, Theory seems to be less experienced than the rest of the wrestlers do. So Bats should still have a few advantages given how he was able to take out highly skilled assassins and criminals with sheer ease.
Theory makes up for his inexperience with his skill, which is significantly above Batman's. Theory has fought and defeated with 15+ years of wrestling experience (Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, etc.). Theory's natural talent makes him seem like a veteran when watching him wrestle. He's considered a prodigy by many for a reason.

And if anything, Batman is technically faster since he was fast enough to deflect a single bullet.
True, but Theory has dealt with people who are faster and still won.

And also, Batman has batarangs that can knock Theory out cold given he has the range advantage for those, so it's gonna be pretty hard for Theory to get that close to him.
And it's going to be hard for Bats to land those hits via Theory's superior skill, as well as his IR.

I made a whole thread about it. Multiple staff members said it was more so skill, so I don't see the whole intelligence argument.

Theory makes up for his inexperience with his skill, which is significantly above Batman's. Theory has fought and defeated with 15+ years of wrestling experience (Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, etc.). Theory's natural talent makes him seem like a veteran when watching him wrestle. He's considered a prodigy by many for a reason.
Fair enough, but Bats should be able to still get a shot at him, given how he's a pretty good strategist.
True, but Theory has dealt with people who are faster and still won.
Were they fast enough to respond to a single bullet like Batman has? If I remember correctly, you did tell me the Wrestlers were too slow to react to gunfire.
And it's going to be hard for Bats to land those hits via Theory's superior skill, as well as his IR.
Well, Theory's gonna have a hard time avoiding that remote controlled Batarang that is pretty much heat-seaking which will be pretty damn difficult to dodge.

Back