• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 1: Austin Theory vs Burtonverse Batman

yah this batman really doesn't fight up-close, opting for his intelligence + equipment + range to win fights against opponents instead of just getting up in their face like other versions of batman and this Batman is still a very competent H2H combatant. The Hero of Gotham City FRA

The thing is that his ranged equipment isn't anything crazy, besides his Paralysis Device, which is something Theory can and will avoid.
Dude, the paralysis machine is enough to immobilize the **** out of you to the point where you can't even move, what's not busted about that?
And Theory will still dodge more. Simple.
He's eventually gonna get hit by it.

1. You're basically implying the weapon is too OP.
2. If Bats hits Theory with it.
it's clearly not too OP for this match if you are fighting so hard that Theory just dodges it. You can't have this both ways. Either say it's not much or say it's too busted.

The Paralysis Device is legit the win con Bats has lol.

Everything else is either Theory dodges, or Theory counters it via LS.

Hell, Theory can still the dodge the Paralysis Device.

And you're implying that Theory's reaction time is that good to constantly dodge those forever. And also, again, something that paralyzes you and disables your movement is slightly busted.
2. If Bats hits Theory with it.
Won't dodge it forever, he ain't no Ultra Instinct.

Hell, Theory can still the dodge the Paralysis Device.
You have been saying that for the past 20 posts yes.

So what if batman only has the one wincon, according to you? It's a good ******* wincon. The amount of win conditions doesn't matter, it's just how likely they can be pulled off.

And you're implying that Theory's reaction time is that good to constantly dodge those forever. And also, again, something that paralyzes you and disables your movement is slightly busted.
So you're implying the weapon is too OP. Thanks for clarifying it.

Won't dodge it forever, he ain't no Ultra Instinct.
1. I haven't seen proof of Bats spamming the Paralysis device.
2. Of course not lmao.

You have been saying that for the past 20 posts yes.

So what if batman only has the one wincon, according to you? It's a good ******* wincon. The amount of win conditions doesn't matter, it's just how likely they can be pulled off.
And I'm saying that unless it's in character for Bats to spam the shit out of the device, then I don't see Bats taking this when all of his other equipment won't do the job.

His other equipment could do the job, perhaps, but it doesn't have to. He just needs the stun gun.

Also if you acknowledge yourself he can't dodge forever why is your only argument just "dodges it"? This is like kid at the playground kind of argument.

basically this, Theory's win-con relies on getting close and pummeling batman or landing one of his CQC KO moves which isn't likely since this batman doesn't fight that way and if Theory gets close Bats then the paralyzing device can easily put a stop to that since its good for close or long range combat, I mean bats was literally up against multiple people in CQC and was still able to get his paralyzing device off against one

Please don’t try and go the ban route here, there’s equally OP and far more accessible abilities in this tournament you had 0 objections to earlier. It’s nasty, but it just adds a little bit of weight to Batman’s side of the scales, nothing ridiculous, especially since it’s only 1 weapon in his large arsenal, even after restrictions

Who voted for Bats again?
His other equipment could do the job, perhaps, but it doesn't have to. He just needs the stun gun.
I highly doubt it. Restraining Theory is basically impossible, no matter how you look at it, and Batarangs really aren't nearly as impressive as they were described, looking at the links.

Also if you acknowledge yourself he can't dodge forever why is your only argument just "dodges it"? This is like kid at the playground kind of argument.
And you saying "Bats continues shooting" despite showing no proof falls in the same category, so we're both even.

Who voted for Bats again?
Pikaman, me, the guy who submitted Batman, Bruthelo, and Adem Warlock.

so we're both even.
We're not, because you're assuming Batman, and intelligent man, does something as weird as throwing his gun away the moment it's dodged. That doesn't make sense.

we don’t even know if it has charge for extra shots
We can't assume it's a one time use without explicitly stated though.

Sometimes characters do weird shit lol, it’s a fair question, we don’t even know if it has charge for extra shots
Mf you’d think English wasn’t my first language the amount of spelling mistakes I make on this site, I type too fast for my own good...

Occam's Razor. It's a more logical assumption that the gun has multiple shots, especially since the goon tried to grab it after Batman tossed it. It's a weirder leap in logic to say the gun has one blast.

Or Theory basically having UI for that case too? How about that?
Can you show me a scan of Bats stating the Paralysis Device has more than one shot?

Or at the very least, showing a scene of Bats shooting the device more than once?

It's getting tiring saying the same shit lol.

Occam's Razor. It's a more logical assumption that the gun has multiple shots, especially since the goon tried to grab it after Batman tossed it. It's a weirder leap in logic to say the gun has one blast.
The goon doesn’t know anything about the weapon though, them grabbing it after a use is proof of nothing

Also this could be dumbassery from me but weren’t we just talking about how Batman wouldn’t toss it?

I'd much rather see scans. This isn't your average gun.

If there's proof that the device is indeed, spammable, then I'll vote for Bats.

Also this could be dumbassery from me but weren’t we just talking about how Batman wouldn’t toss it?
Never said he would lol.

I'd much rather see scans.
You're asking for scans you know you're not gonna get lol.

We're debating in circles now. I'm done here. I vote for batman. I'm clearly not swaying you from Theory's side. As you said

It's getting tiring saying the same shit
I'm done.

Were we? I honestly don't remember.

Just checked. Yes lmao. We were talking about that, then we talked about whether or not the device is spammable.

I'd much rather see scans. This isn't your average gun.

If there's proof that the device is indeed, spammable, then I'll vote for Bats.
As if Theory would even have the courage to know what that machine is capable of doing from some crazy guy in a batsuit

Back