• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 5: Mamoru Takamura vs Little Mac

Pikaman

He/Him
Rules:

• Same rules as stated in the tournament.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Fighters start 5 meters away.

shS0536l.jpg

Results:

Mamoru: 6 (@DivineAura44 @Pikaman @RandomGuy2345 @Dinamic8000 @Recon1511 @DrGreyman)

Mac:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
You forgot to add tags.
I’m ******** these matches out so fast man I don’t have time for tags at the moment 😅

Anyways I’m gonna post them all in one big post in the tournament OP so could you avoid contacting anyone until I can do that? Kinda preserved the glamour lol

Yeah, with that AP disadvantage not much to discuss here

Mamoru FRA
It doesn't even matter. If Little Mac was stronger Mamoru would have his hand slip on Mac's face causing him to fall backwards and hit a wall which causes him to fall back forward onto his hand causing an infinite combo or something like that. Idk why he was accepted, he is stated to never be able to lose a fight by WoG iirc.

It doesn't even matter. If Little Mac was stronger Mamoru would have his hand slip on Mac's face causing him to fall backwards and hit a wall which causes him to fall back forward onto his hand causing an infinite combo or something like that. Idk why he was accepted, he is stated to never be able to lose a fight by WoG iirc.
I’m stupid af because I’m sitting here unsure if this is a joke or not…

let's go, some actual debate! cracks neck
Mac is known for fighting people exponentially stronger than him, there is a reason he's called 'little mac'
his entire fighting style is to be as slippery and unhittable as possible, and he is no stranger to unfair fights. yes, Mamoru can probably take him out in one punch, but can he land said punch in the first place?

I mean yeah Mac is good but he can still eat more hits from his opponents than Mamoru like 99% of the time, and Mamoru is meant to be pretty skilled himself

Also, Mac gets shit on if Mamoru gets his speed amp, and isn’t he infamous for infuriating his opponents? Although that could just be because they’re ego maniacs, and Mamoru does seem to need provocation or history from his opponent to activate his rage powers, of which Mac has neither in major capacity

why must i be the supporter of every character that eats shit lol
every time mac makes his opponent mad is because of them, not mac. (don flamenco gets his topee punched off, bald bull is just crazy, macho man is an egomaniac, ect.)
mac is canonically just beating his opponents by not letting them hit him ever.
i dont know about mamoru, but presumably, he at least fights people that regularly fight back, not just dodge? he fights against styles that leave openings, unlike little mac

Mac… is still a boxer that himself needs to punch his way to victory over an extremely elongated time, he’ll create openings for himself too

Mac… is still a boxer that himself needs to punch his way to victory over an extremely elongated time, he’ll create openings for himself too
yes, but the point is that mac only throws punches after he dodges his opponents, creating openings when the opponent is off-balance or already extended to the point were they cant throw a punch back

yes, but the point is that mac only throws punches after he dodges his opponents, creating openings when the opponent is off-balance or already extended to the point were they cant throw a punch back
Yeah but that AP disadvantage is MASSIVE, it’s larger than anything Mac’s had to deal with at all. He has Mamoru beat in stamina which helps a little but still, hitting Mamoru enough to put him down will take incredibly long, Mamoru just needs a single punch. I know dodging is Mac’s whole thing, but he’s not THAT level of crazy good at it

Yeah but that AP disadvantage is MASSIVE, it’s larger than anything Mac’s had to deal with at all. He has Mamoru beat in stamina which helps a little but still, hitting Mamoru enough to put him down will take incredibly long, Mamoru just needs a single punch. I know dodging is Mac’s whole thing, but he’s not THAT level of crazy good at it
yeah, your right, but you were the one to encourage me to fight a losing battle in finn vs tsukasa, so im not giving up!
does mamoru taunt a lot? if he does, then how about the star uppercut? that is a lot stronger than mac's regular punches.
he has fought chip-damage fights before, like vs king hippo and vs mr sandman. both of whom could take mac out in very few hits
and dont forget about the defeat denial once per fight thing, mac can survive at least 1 hit

yeah, your right, but you were the one to encourage me to fight a losing battle in finn vs tsukasa, so im not giving up!
Ayyy that’s the spirit

Now back to fighting

does mamoru taunt a lot? if he does, then how about the star uppercut? that is a lot stronger than mac's regular punches.
I’m not the person to ask but I don’t think Mamoru is the type of fighter to mock people, but again, I’m hardly an expert

he has fought chip-damage fights before, like vs king hippo and vs mr sandman. both of whom could take mac out in very few hits
Yeah my I’m pretty sure King Hippo gets put into the ground by Mamoru skill wise, Mr Sandman is a good point though

and dont forget about the defeat denial once per fight thing, mac can survive at least 1 hit
It still doesn’t massively help him, I think it’s a case of whether he can dodge all hits, I don’t think he’ll end up only taking exactly 1 because if Mamoru can catch him he’ll do it consistently enough

I’m not the person to ask but I don’t think Mamoru is the type of fighter to mock people, but again, I’m hardly an expert
we'll find out later, but if he does, how does the star uppercut do against him?
Yeah my I’m pretty sure King Hippo gets put into the ground by Mamoru skill wise, Mr Sandman is a good point though
the hippo example was just for how mac is familiar with drawn-out battles. hippo takes massive amounts of abuse, and mac had to stay on the top of his game throughout. and mr sandman is an even better example of how this fight could go. sandman can send mac to an early grave with as little as 3 punches, and is extremely fast to boot, but mac pulled through. yes sand doesn't stack 1-1 with mamoru, but its close enough
It still doesn’t massively help him, I think it’s a case of whether he can dodge all hits, I don’t think he’ll end up only taking exactly 1 because if Mamoru can catch him he’ll do it consistently enough
i'm saying that it will give him a chance to figure out mamoru's style. if he gets hit once, he gets up and knows what to look out for, thats the entire game of punch out. it gives him a 'get out of jail free card' to slip up, and maybe get mamoru overconfident in the process

Last edited:
Hajime no Ippo anime fan here (Haven't read the manga)

In character, seeing a person for a category under him and without the advice of his trainer it is likely, but as soon as Takamura sees that Little Mac is a menace he would stop messing around, so it would be a one use strategy

i'm saying that it will give him a chance to figure out mamoru's style. if he gets hit once, he gets up and knows what to look out for, thats the entire game of punch out. it gives him a 'get out of jail free card' to slip up, and maybe get mamoru overconfident in the process
Well, Takamura fights in the orthodoxy stance, it would be pretty easy for LM to understand his basic moves

The thing is, Takamura is also a genius fighter that adapts to the situation (Hell, the MF just fought a bear having never did such thing). The moment he see that LM is evading he would start pretending to use attacks and rely on other strategies to land more hits.

The only thing i see in Little Mac's favor is his extend range of around 5'7", but due to the AP difference this end up not meaning that much

So yeah, i voting Takamura

In character, seeing a person for a category under him and without the advice of his trainer it is likely, but as soon as Takamura sees that Little Mac is a menace he would stop messing around, so it would be a one use strategy
so mac get at least a few star punches in, thats good to know, the star punches are a lot stronger than everything else.
Well, Takamura fights in the orthodoxy stance, it would be pretty easy for LM to understand his basic moves

The thing is, Takamura is also a genius fighter that adapts to the situation (Hell, the MF just fought a bear having never did such thing). The moment he see that LM is evading he would start pretending to use attacks and rely on other strategies to land more hits.
Little mac also bases his fighting on adapting. in Punch-out!! the only way to do any damage is to dodge and counter-punch, and mac is a master at this. practically every fighter throws punches differently (including fakes and cheats) and mac is able to think ahead and learn every move.

No idea why this didn't appear in my notifications.

Besides what has been said in the other comments, does Little Mac have a counter to Speed Hell?

No idea why this didn't appear in my notifications.

Besides what has been said in the other comments, does Little Mac have a counter to Speed Hell?
Nah, if speed hell activates Mac is screwed, although he doesn’t seem the type of fighter that could trigger any kind of rage in Mamoru

the fastest mac has gone is combating the Hondo Rush and the Dreamland Express, neither of which can compare to mamoru in the slightest

Well I think the result is pretty apparent here then, Takamura might not even need the rage power. Voting Takamura

Back