• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 6: Victoria Dallen vs Manjiro Sano

is shatterbird in or not? we need to keep this train moving
Apologies, that’s may fault for not clarifying Though I have no clue how one match being stalled prevents the other 6 or so from getting posts
Fine, use him
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Billy_Butcher_(TV_Series)

He could one-shot people comparable to him (84 KJ) when amped with Temp-V and he doesn’t use his guns anymore when amped unless cornered. He does use heat vision though
No Halothane, Guns, or V24. Otherwise fine at a basic look, but please assure me he doesn’t have some broken level of anything that can’t be seen through a glance at the profile-

Well preferably you can find a replacement for her, I doubt she’ll be able to continue

Well preferably you can find a replacement for her, I doubt she’ll be able to continue
Alright, try her

Alright, try her
I’d need to know her exact AP, also is there any chance you have any characters that focus far more on martial arts or close ranged weaponry than they do hax? That kinda character is what we’re looking for here

I’d need to know her exact AP, also is there any chance you have any characters that focus far more on martial arts or close ranged weaponry than they do hax? That kinda character is what we’re looking for here
Fine, use her

Fine, use her
I need her AP and if she uses her flight in character, as well as the potency of her fear manip

Same as Shatterbird's

She does but she does like to melee her opponent

Her fear manip simply makes her look intimidating and as long as she's not dealing with a coward, it'll probably just leave her opponent nervous
As long as “Fly GG” is invalid as an argument, she’s in

AP doesn't matter, Victoria's shields block off hits regardless of AP (They can block borderline one-shot attacks)
Yeah but the forcefield gets destroyed by basically any focused strike on it, and takes time to recharge, at which point Victoria is left with her 10-A physical durability

Normally I assume she can just play careful, but that all depends on how she measures up in skill

Yeah but the forcefield gets destroyed by basically any focused strike on it, and takes time to recharge, at which point Victoria is left with her 10-A physical durability
Eh, it doesn't take that much time plus she can use her flight to make range whenever vulnerable

Or Mamoru could just punch her twice in quick succession and kill her…
Speed equalized, she's pretty knowledgeable on her powers to know how to avoid her limitations

Plus it's not easy to react quickly when you're nervous from attacking something really scary

So the way I see it is she has excellent mobility and a good passive to mess with her opponents... but she can’t afford to take two hits back to back, which means any grab, combo, etc. puts her in real trouble

So the way I see it is she has excellent mobility and a good passive to mess with her opponents... but she can’t afford to take two hits back to back, which means any grab, combo, etc. puts her in real trouble
Well, there's one person I know that will lose to Theory.

Victoria can't exactly be grappled since she's usually covered in her forcefield and can just expand it to get anyone off her
Yeah but I’m talking of punching her (destroying the force field) and then punching her again, or grabbing her to prevent her from flying away

Honestly Victoria’s forcefield is fascinating, it can block in full attacks far more powerful than her own durability, but breaks in one hit just as easily against far weaker blows

Also I currently have a CRT going on that would scale Rachel's dogs, which is what a large majority of the 9-Bs scale iirc, to 2.1x10^6 joules

Yeah but I’m talking of punching her (destroying the force field) and then punching her again, or grabbing her to prevent her from flying away
Manjiro, with his "At least Average Human" LS, is gonna successfully keep hold of and grab/grapple Victoria, with her Class 25 LS?

Manjiro, with his "At least Average Human" LS, is gonna successfully keep hold of and grab/grapple Victoria, with her Class 25 LS?
Ah yeah fair point

considering she could fight like three car sized 9-B dogs at the same time and not get hurt, I think you're simplifying it a wee bit too much
I mean, numbers and size are good but Manjiro is a skilled martial artist who’s signature technique is literally a 1, 2 combo. I’ve read through a few Parahumans profiles, skilled hand to hand combatants are hard to come by, most people just have superpowers instead. Victoria prefers to melee her opponent, but while in-verse I’m sure that works out well enough for her, against Manjiro it’s a whole other ball game.

What are Victoria’s offensive options?

Back