• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Unlocking Project

I wanted to mention that several Danny Phantom Characters are Tier 2 and their pages are already unlocked. No need to lock them as they aren't controversial and it would be a waste of time given they would just be unlocked again.

Since it was decided that Tier 2 pages should be unlocked, the pages below should be edited to have the tier 2 Admin-locking removed.

• Advice to the staff of the VS Battles wiki
    • Due to their controversial nature, all tier 2, 1, and 0 pages should be completely locked, so that only administrators and content moderators can edit them, or change their names.
  • Administrators
    • Admin-locking controversial profiles, including for highly popular characters, as well as tiers 2, 1, and 0, for both editing and renaming/moving purposes. Administrators should also partially lock new profiles for entirely new user accounts, so the wiki is not overrun by vandals.
  • Content Moderators
    • Admin-locking controversial profiles, including for highly popular characters, as well as tiers 2, 1, and 0, for both editing and renaming/moving purposes. Administrators should also partially lock new profiles for entirely new user accounts, so the wiki is not overrun by vandals.

We should definitely not start to unlock any official policy pages. They are only intended for the staff.

Elizhaa said:
Tier 2 should be removed here as well, I almost forgot this point.
Agreed, but Kavpeny created the options in questions, and I do not know how to modify them.

Perhaps you can ask A6colute, Darkanine, and Promestein to comment here about it?

I modified the description.

Just search for the the text of something you want to edit or remove, click on "Advanced" in the search page and deselect everything but MediaWiki or Special. It's most likely in those categories.

The page in question is MediaWiki:protect-dropdow.

Is somebody willing to remove the GoW profiles from the list?

Once God of War is removed from the list, are we good to enact the script?

I sincerely support the mass unlocking be initiated already.

I suppose so. We are just waiting for Darkanine.

Maybe somebody could ask Promestein if she is willing to handle it instead?

God of War profiles were NOT removed, Deimos is currently open.

And so are most of the gods it seems.

Right, someone goofed. I think we might've just removed Kratos and that was it.

Crabwhale said:
God of War profiles were NOT removed, Deimos is currently open.
The profiles are not on this list. Only the profiles on the list will be unlocked once the script has been applied, all others will be will admin-protected.

Yes I know. What I'm saying is, most GoW Tier 2 profiles are unlocked despite their controversial nature.

I guess the only explanation is that they were unlocked beforehand or never locked in the first place. I find either of those explanations pretty unlikely.

Crabwhale said:
I guess the only explanation is that they were unlocked beforehand or never locked in the first place. I find either of those explanations pretty unlikely.
I knew what you meant. They never locked in the first place; it is likely the main reason, @Crabwhale.

Well, they should be.

But I guess that's topic for another thread.

If you wish, you can write a list of the exact page titles of all the God of War profiles that need to be locked. Then my script can handle it.

Hmm. Is somebody willing to ask Kepekley23 to properly update them?

Back