• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Unlocking Project

It might be an idea to remind the staff members who posted here earlier at least.

So are there any other options characters who need to stay locked that haven't been removed from the list?.

I added Ashen to the list of unlocks. Don't know who the BlazBlue Tier 2s are so I can't have much input there.

I know Tier 2 Megaman characters used to be pretty controversial in the past but that mostly blew over lately AFAIK but I don't know if they should be unlocked or not.

I don't think I have anything to offer here.

Where's the current list? I know of DarkAnine's list of Tier 2s, but that's just every Tier 2. Where's the list of ones to unlock?

@Gyro

The list is for the tier 2 characters that should be unlocked.

You should mention the characters in it that should remain locked, and as such be removed from it, not the other way around.

Darkanine;s list isn't all the tier 2s anymore because we've been removing the ones that need to stay locked. That is the correct one.

I already did the ones for the verses I know, so idk what else i'm supposed to do here.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Where's the current list? I know of DarkAnine's list of Tier 2s, but that's just every Tier 2. Where's the list of ones to unlock?
Here.

I was confused too.

It's a list of characters to be unlocked, not to remained locked. That also threw me off for a bit when I nearly accidentally removed a few non-controversial ones.

I see, Dark649 agreed with me on keeping Shulk and Zanza locked so I guess I could remove those from the list? Rex (Xenoblade) and Pyra also got some controversy iirc. So I suppose I can remove those 4 from the list? Alvis can stay since that one is less controversial.

I would make a suggestion that every Xenoblade character that's tier 2 should have their profiles unlocked. They're not as controversial or as popular as say, Mario or Link. And the reasoning for their tier 2 status is rather straight forward.

Yeah, but there's still a crowd of people offsite trying to argue otherwise; Alvis is the only one that isn't so controversial. It's still about on par with Castlevania downplayers no less for everyone else.

@Dark said crowd is not that big and hasn't even done anything to downgrade the JRPG characters, otherwise every single final fantasy profile we have would be locked by default.

Well, if every staff member here checks through Darkanine's list and removes the characters they know to be controversial or and/popular from it, that would be appreciated.

That isn't the problem. Darkanine can unlock them. We just have to make sure that we aren't unlocking any controversial and/or popular tier 2 profiles.

I believe it would boost the speed of the project if experienced regular members could also help out with this (given that this is technically still a Staff Only thread).

Yes, agreed. They should give suggestions before editing the list.

@Yobo

Do you mean that they should be locked or unlocked?

Okay. No problem. Then they should remain in the list.

Back